Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comment list takes too long to load

Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  34 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Feature request: Resize page feature

I don't know how this happened, but I exported a print out of a web page that was sized at 8.5x11 as a PDF, and when I opened the PDF in Adobe DC, somehow the page size turned into 13.17x16.78, and now when I print the PDF, it cuts out everything on the page that is outside of the 8.5x11 paper size. I have been trying and trying to just resize the PDF to 8.5x11, but I can't find this feature anywhere - and I've really been looking hard! So if there was a way you could add a feature…

32 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  17 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Freehand Highlighter

I would like a transparent highlighter tool that will highlight anything and everything (not just recognizable text).

26 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  13 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • More user friendly arrangement of Quick Tools area

I have just installed the latest "Acrobat Standard DC", and I'm disappointed to find that still the way in which you have to personalise the "Quick Tools" area is not user friendly.
          Apart from having a mandatory set of icons on the left (I can't see an easy way of removing them), the way you have to add / remove icons is annoying - right-clicking on the quick tools bar then selecting or deselecting an item to have the menu disappear so you have to right-click and find the item again and again...! Then not being able to change the…

22 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Default Pages Panel "ON"

Create a setting in Preferences that defaults to:
            View | Show | Navigation Panes | Page Thumbnails
            so that thumbnails ALWAYS appear in the navigation pane and are never hidden unless done manually.

16 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Frank

Please try the following :
              Go to Preferences → Documents and check the option “Restore last view settings when reopening documents”

Please let me know if this works for you.

• Why on earth did you completely change the menu/tool interface on Acrobat?

I absolutely hate the new Acrobat interface. Why on earth was it changed? Why do software developers feel the need to move the gas pedal and steering wheel on each new version of a product? Instead of having easily accessible tools as with the last version of Acrobat, now I have to waste time hunting for them. Did you even consult with users before making this change? I'm definitely not buying any more Adobe products.

15 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
                Could you please let me know of the Specific workflow that you are facing issues with while using menu/tools in Adobe Acrobat DC.

We will help you further in this then.

Thanks
                Ayush

• Extract Pages - WITHOUT thumbnail view!

Trying to select which pages to extract by clicking on thumbnails is next to impossible. Whoever thought of this system has never tried to extract multiple non-consecutive pages from a large document - they all look the same when shrunk to 1 inch tall. Can we just extract by highlighting bookmarks?

15 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Can't save a simple change without having to 'save as' and rename the document

If you go into a saved document and change something you cannot save it you have to save it as a completely separate document. i.e. I edit one line to be italicized and hit save and I get a pop up error that states, "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

1) I am the only user
                  2) I created the .pdf document yesterday and did NOT make it read-only.

14 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • highlighter tool

1) need a way to click highlight over and over w/o having to reselect the highlighter tool
                    2) need a way to go from a selected tool (stamp, highlighter, etc) to hand or select tool quickly (example: dbl right click mouse)

14 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
                        Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

Thanks

• Export to Microsoft Word

1. Open a PDF document with Arabic content.

2. This PDF was generated from InDesign CC2017. Arabic fonts used is a good True Type and OpenType fonts. Macintosh 10.11.2 / Acrobat DC Build: 15.23.20056.213124

3. When exporting to MS Office format, we expect to have a decent conversion as we see with PDFs that has English content.

4. I opened resulted Word document in MS. Word on Windows, Text Edit on Mac, Apple Preview. The result varies, but generally Arabic text doesn't convert properly, most words scrambled and fragmented.

13 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Zoom in/out and percentage controls missing from toolbar

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

12 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We acknowledge the issue and Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20074) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoctober2018qfe.html#dccontinuousoctobertwentyeighteenqfe

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.
                            Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards
                            Ayush Jain

• BUG Drag and Drop Not Working in PAGE THUMBNAILS

Drag and Drop has stopped working in Page thumbnail.

Cannot rearrange pages in page thumbnail.

Cannot drag pages from other pdf's that are also open.

***This is not resolved by the FIT view function.
                            ***This is not resolved by the PDF/a option.
                            ***This is new as of last week.

12 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

Can you please let me know the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat DC that your are working on ?

I Tried this at my end and Drag drop in Page Thumbnails panel in a pdf / across pdfs is working fine for me.

Also i would request you to kindly share with me a screen recording video of the steps that you are trying to do here ?

You can send me that at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
                              Ayush Jain

• i would like to change the font for the interactive text fields.

i would like to be able to change the font of an interactive text field of a pdf file that i made in adobe indesign.

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Editing Text

Hi

I produce this pdf file, so that at a later date i can change the date. I've selected the edit tool in adobe pro and when i start to type in the date i want, the text moves from the bottom of the page to half way up the page. (as you will see from the pdf file attached)

I am doing this on a windows 7 machine.

On the other pages i dont have a problem. The pages of pdf are set up the same way, so I'm unclear as to what the problem is with this page.

12 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Zoom Tools

Where did the zoom tools go? They used to be visible in the main tool bar... I mean, I get there are other ways to zoom in and out of my pdf, but why remove such a common functionality? Please bring them back.

11 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
                                    We have not removed the zoom tools from the main toolbar and those are already there.

I assume you might have undocked the Toolbar so you may be getting a black floating window over the document area which would be having the zoom tools.

I would request you to kindly Dock it back to the Main toolbar by clicking the rightmost icon from that floating window.

Also, if this is not the case i would request you to kindly do a right click on your main toolbar and select “Reset Toolbar” from the context menu. (This way your main toolbar will get back to the default state which would anyways be having the Zoom tools.

Let me know if this fixes your concern

Thanks
                                    Ayush Jain

• Printing locally from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has never worked despite multiple "fixes"

I have CC full suite and from the day I had to install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I have been unable to print locally from any open PDF. I have tried multiple fixes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've updated the printer drivers and had my IT support look at it. And now that this program is embedded in everything, I can't event go back to Acrobat XI. If I'm lucky I can export the PDF as an image or word document and print from there, but if I'm looking at document that's large that is just simply…

10 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      Need Info  ·  rite responded

HI Ginger,

Please provide the Acrobat / Reader version installed on your system. Also provide a sample PDF document on which you have observed this issue.

Thanks
                                      Ritesh

• Clear Form

The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

10 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • crop

Ctrl Alt T back please (cropping one page or all pages)

I'm not sure why you took it out, or why you hid it, but I would really like it back! I use it monthly if not weekly for work and it is WAY easier than the new version. Maybe you thought we didn't use it, but we do :-)
                                        I have Acrobat 11, the full version. Please bring it back.

thank you

10 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Constantly have to sign in , its making me mad.....

lt would be nice if sign in happened once a month or longer. I have to sign in every dam day and even twice a day.

9 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base