Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. In Windows version 2023.006, searching a PDF for text doesn't highlight the selected text. The navigation arrows for moving between searched text instances have moved to the lower right side of the window, away from the search box. That's not intuitive at all, and requires moving the mouse or touching a different area away from the user's focus.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am looking for the ability to search for a term where the term is "contained" and Acrobat will highlight all of these occurrences.

For example, I wanted to search for the term "scenario" and highlight all occurrences of it whether it is found as "scenario", "scenarios", or other variation. Unfortunately, I could not find any option that allowed for this. All I got was a teaser when typing the search term where it showed me that it could find the term as "scenario" (19 of them) or "scenarios" (just one) but would not for a combined result where it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I probably don't use this feature like many do, but I used to use the 'comment' feature on my touchscreen to annotate notes with a stylus. As a teacher, I like to project the notes I've typed and write on screen with the pen. With the new update, it's hard to find all of the controls to do this. I've managed to find some, but it's not a straightforward.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your new version (2023.003) is just TERRIBLE. :

1) WHY change something that was working well before, and that everyone just KNEW how to use? WHY? What is the purpose of changing the interface just for the change. It is TERRIBLE.

2) It is also very BUGGY, and freezes constantly by simply moving the window, opening documents, closing them, etc. Windows 10 22H2 latest patches, 16GB RAM on i7. WHY purposefully make our lives harder?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new user interface constantly freezes for several seconds every few seconds on my machine. While it's frozen, nothing works. I just have to wait a few seconds for it to become unfrozen. Then a second or two later, it freezes again. Sometimes I'm able to go a few seconds without it freezing -- to get work done. However, it doesn't last long.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro v23.003.20284 on Windows 11 Pro v.10.0.22621 with a Dell XPS 17 9700. I have Display Fusion installed, so there could be some conflict there. I don't have this issue with any other…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since the update approximately 2-weeks ago, Adobe Acrobat Standard crashes (with a "not responding") at just opening a document about 5-times a day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat Pro will not search all documents in a directory. It gives 0 results for any key words. I ended up combining all the PDFs in the directory and searching within the combined PDF. Please fix! I use this every day for my work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new update does not allow custom colours for highlighting, clicked on one of their default colours and lost my original highlight colour forever... thanks Adobe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since Acrobat version 18.4, we are getting multiple warning pop-ups when navigating the Tag Tree while the Object Properties dialog is open. Every click on a P tag or Sect tag generates multiple "The type must contain text and be less than 128 characters long. Please enter a valid type or cancel" messages. The dialog doesn't refer to which field is in error, and it pops up regardless if there has been changes to the Object Properties fields or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

11. Link Alternative text disappears when opening in Older version of Adobe acrobat. In current version of adobe acrobat (23.003.20215), While adding alternative text for link in the new version & open the same document in older version it will automatically removes the alternative text and also commonlook shows error in new version as alt text not added. Since there is no alt text showing in Edit Tag in Properties of the tag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm running the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Pro with current updates on a PC. The abitity to share directly to Adobe Cloud and get the link is no longer visible? Please see attachment. Uploading to Cloud, then getting link requires multiple steps I did not have to take before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think I used to receive a confirmation email verifying when and with whom I shared a PDF review.It also contained the link to the review. Was this feature removed? Can it be added back? It is very handy to forward to team members that inevitably missed/can't find the email that was sent to them or insist they were never included in the first place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Could you please let me know if you are talking about "Adobe cloud storage" based review or it is for shared review based on SharePoint/WebDav/Network folder? 

It would be helpful if you could share a screen recording issue.

Regards,

Arvind

14. Ich habe eine Lizens gekauft (Adobe DC 2017) aber es funktioniert nicht....Warum?
    ich bitte um HILFE und Freischaltung!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am disappointed that your company has decided to remove the read allowed option. As a dyslexic masters graduate who is now studying for a degree in a different subject you are actively discriminating against people with protected disabilities. I am very angry and upset by you discrimination and prejudice because you have a monopoly in the market place. You are using peoples disabilities to make money so they have to buy an advanced product. I hope that the media runs a story about this and your disregard for legislation concerning disabilities. I feel upset and angry at your biased…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Can you please tell me where are you not able to use Read Out Loud.
    Read Out Loud functionality is still available and is in use. There is not decision to remove it.
    Please share the steps and the OS details where you are facing this issue.

Please update to latest version to have the latest features.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. My comment (e.g. add text box) will be removed without my control in some occasion when I edit the comment or add a new one. This type of problem has happen a lot of time in the past one to two months.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My organisation pays AUD$200 or more for my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC licence and I am unable to edit PDF documents. I have tried everything I can think of and consulted online help. Why are all the edit functions greyed-out? I have printed the PDF file to a new PDF file but that did not help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I came in with a notification to log into Adobe Creative Suite for profile setup. After running the the dialog box to set up the profile, I lost all comments on shared Acrobat files. That is over 5 hours of review comments lost. Is there a way to retrieve those comments? I have no interest in reviewing a 90 page document again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into the issue reported by you and will try our best to resolve it. Meanwhile could you please give us the below info and let us know.

1. This issue happens to you for one specific file or on everyone.
    2. Could you please try opening the shared file from Web(Browser) and let us know if comments are visible or not.
    3. Also please share error if you got any.

20. When you manually check something like navigation links and click pass manually in the accessibility checker, it reverts back to needs manual check when you reopen the saved pdf. What is the point of allowing a manual check if you can't make it stick in the checker report?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?