Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link to a specific page in a PDF on my filesystem

Create external links to specific pages in PDF files on my file system, such that directory shortcuts or external links from other programs can be made.
    For example, individual external links to bookmarks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Erase in Paint and Edit in Adobe

In an earlier version of DC I could erase the wrong information in paint, save and close that page. Go back to the original document open a text box and enter the correct information. I try this with this new version and everything messes up. I was in a chat with one of your techs yesterday for almost 3 hours trying to do what I need to do in the 2020 version of Adobe DC. And it looks horrible, takes a lot of time and I hate it. Please Please Please fix this. I have been looking at peoples complaints…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Files that I personally created are being password protected randomly.

PDF files that I created are being password protected randomly. This is a major issue because i need to be able to edit/merge these files for work. I did not set up or request a password to be added so I have no idea what password it is looking for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience, though this sounds very strange. Can you kindly share the steps you are following to create the pdf. I am asuming it is asking for a password when you are trying to reopen it later – correct me if it is not so.
    Also share the version of the software you are using as well as the version of the Operating system.

4. Add feture to insert image file of physical stamps on all pages of a pdf file in one step

As we need to put company stamp on big documents having 100+ pages so we had made an image file and added in Fill & sign section but since it doesn't have option to insert the stamp on all pages of documents it results in time taking job.
    So, i request you to look out for solution & add the required update in the Acrobrat DC

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessibility Checker to check at WCAG in line with PAC3 App checker

We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please fix linkCreation.dotm

Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlinks Spanning Multiple Lines

Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Invalid JSON

I am trying to use Acrobat Fill and Sign feature to send documents to clients for signature. I go to send them and I get "Invalid JSON" as an error message. It kills to progress to the Fill and Sign process and brings me back to a fresh document. I am using this file created in Acrobat.

I add two email addresses, add my own form language for the email description and body as I need to give info on other processes, and then click Continue and it gives the error message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting the issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I tired locally and was successfully able to send the file for Signature. Could you please confirm the following :

1. Do you see the same error with every PDF file or with this file only?
    2. Do you observe the error with this file when you do not change the subject/body with your own language?
    3. Also are you using English or some other language for Subject/Body? Did you use any special characters?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

9. Some colums are merged when exporting a PDF into XLSX (Excel)

Tried converting several PDF files with the same format into Excel, two colums get incorrectly combined on all of them, this doesn't happen when using a different, free, online service.

Case ID: ADB-14769668-X1X4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Comments shall not get auto-locked

I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

11. New version export to excel some data is missing

While exporting data from PDF to Excel some pdf data is not getting exported in excel. I never experienced this issue in previous version

As per Attachment Group id Mentioned in PDF is 711455, however Exported excel have group id as 71145. so it is missing last digit. I have 250 plus pages in pdf all pages have similar issue with group id.
    Old version never had this issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Very slow to move form fields and copying formfields to another pdf pastes them 90 degrees fault

Bug: Very slow to move form fields and copying formfields to another pdf pastes them 90 degrees fault

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically Disables Editing the Form

The Acrobat DC is really **** .. I Fill up the Form 3 times and as I save it... it non editable and can't upload anywhere because of encryption

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Feature request] Copy/Paste of Tag structure

Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the request to the higher management. Currently we do not have any plans to provide this functionality. We have kept it in our radar and will try to implement in future release.

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. Bug: Reader DC 20.006.20034 Still Holds Lock On Files After Closing File Tabs

Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

17. Read out loud to end/this page: The ability to start from anywhere (available using right+click from selected area of the document)

Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern. We have been working on our tools constantly to provide a better experience to our customer. I have escalated your request to the higher management and we have kept it in out radar bucket. Hopefully, you may see it in future releases.

Please tell us if there are any more concerns that I can help you with.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. Read to end of document issues on a Mac

Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us. Please share the pdf via a weblink with me where you are facing this issue. We’ll have to whether the issue is in the pdf itself or not.

Also, No I’m not that same Rachit. I’m from Acrobat Engineering Team.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. .docx to PDF/A-1a in Word Minor Bug

When creating a PDF from a .docx file from within Microsoft Word, when PDF/A compliance is set to "PDF/A-1a", text boxes will have borders in the PDF even when they do not have borders in the Word document itself. No other PDF/A compliance setting exhibits this bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. UNABLE TO FIND IN DETAIL SIGNED AGREEMENTS

WHEN SIGNED FILES ARE SEARCH UNDER MANAGE WE ARE UNABLE TO FIND THEM. WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO FIND THEM MANUALLY WITH THE DATE IF SIGNATURE

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base