Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing tools in Document cloud

Working in Acrobat software is very much efficient and when we transpose the same approach in Document Cloud for multiple users, our clients faces many challenges in reviewing the document with limited commenting tools.

The following are the some basic tools which are missing in Adobe Document Cloud:
    1. For replacing text
    2. For inserting text
    3. Add text box (similarly like given Acrobat software in commenting tool)

Due to the current limitations in the Cloud platform, we have held our approach towards the Cloud platform and have been using the Acrobat software to gather comments from multiple users which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. your advertising is blocking my use of the subscribed Adobe DC. What am I paying for?

your advertising is blocking my use of the subscribed Adobe DC. What am I paying for?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unmarked annotations - option to tag all at once in Acrobat

When we create documents in InDesign using interactive buttons, there are usually unmarked annotation errors in Acrobat's accessibility checker. This happens when the buttons are on master pages or when they're not included within the Articles panel.

As well as fixing this, it would be really helpful and time-saving to be able to search for all the unmarked annotations using the search function within the Acrobat Tags panel, and tag them all at once, rather than having to find and tag them one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. commenting styles

Please enable the ability to save multiple commenting styles similar to PDF Xchange by Tracker. It is very helpful to have a few different styles set up so I can, for example, use connected line tools to highlight several different things on a drawing in different colors, thickness, opacity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Zoom and Scroll while using connected lines comment tool

Please enable zooming and scrolling while using commenting tools like the "connected lines" tool. I often have to trace lines on a schematic and it is REALLY difficult to do without being able to zoom or scroll using control / shift plus the mouse wheel.

Really this should be enabled when using any commenting tool but it's especially problematic with the connected lines tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Permit use of freeform highlighter tool on modifier key

Dear Adobe, my organization extensively uses commenting features on PDFs but occasionally the way that text is recognized creates problems for highlighting and text selection; in particular, a common failure mode is to try to highlight a sentence but then text above and below it is also selected as if the text is actually organized as a column.

Notwithstanding the underlying issue, this and other occasions mean that it would sometimes be more useful to be able to use the freeform "marker" style highlighter (with the circular cursor outline instead of the text selector style) regardless of the state of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. テキストボックス注釈にてPDFファイルに応じた特定のフォントで全角文字が文字化けする

添付のPDFファイルにAcrobatで新しいテキストボックス注釈を追加し、追加したテキスト部分に、そのPDFファイルに応じた特定のフォントを設定すると全角文字の部分が文字化けします。

AcrobatでこのPDFファイルに含まれている既存の注釈を全て削除して上書き保存し、Acrobatを再起動後に再びそのPDFファイルを開いてテキストボックス注釈を新規に追加しても、そのPDFファイルに応じた特定のフォントを設定すると全角文字の部分が文字化けします。

・Acrobat Pro DC バージョン 2021.005.20048
    ・Windows 10 Home 21H1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug - Yellow Text Highlighting No Longer Works

One of your recent updates broke my ability to use the yellow highlighter on the ribbon tool bar at the top in Acrobat to highlight text in PDF documents. This used to work great but now when I try to highlight, it grabs a huge area of the document and is completely useless now. See attachments. I use this all the time (or I did) so please fix this ASAP! Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pencil to be smoother, eraser to be accurate

Inspite of adobe being the inventor of the pdf format, it doesn't seem to have smooth freehand pencil tool. The current pencil tool is quite unresponsive & sometimes lags in places like dots, small dashes etc.(unlike Microsoft Edge PDF viewer(its that smooth👌), & the eraser, oh my god, it clears away dashes & dots in all the places in the page, but doesn't seem to clear the mark in front of it completely .

Please work on these issues, it restricts your subscribers from a complete PDF commenting experience, many of my friends & others have started using different viewers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Highlighting tool

Recently, the highlighter tool would remain selected so that I was able to use it to highlight multiple bits of text without having to select the tool for each thing I wanted to highlight. Now, I must re-select the tool each time, resulting in hundreds of extraneous clicks. How can I get the highlighter tool to stay selected?

This problem only began in the last week or so.

Thanks for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. different highlight color in the toolbar

It's good to have the color swatch for the highlight and underline and so... it can be super to have the possibility to have different highlight and underline with different colors in a toolbar, so instead to have to highlight and after changing the color, we can highlight or underline directly with the color we chose, like PDF expert

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. List highlighted text in comments sidebar

This has been requested for a long time. Can't be that difficult to implement ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show highlighted text in comments

Currently, highlighted text only shows up as "highlighted text" in the comments. Instead, show the text that was highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Title- dashed line & arrows

I often need to add dashed lines and arrows in my document, But since there are none of such features I need to use the free hand drawing tool which costs me a lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove rounded edges on highlights

The rounded edges/sides of highlights have got to go. It boggles my mind that this doesn't seem to be more of an issue to others.

If you highlight a portion of text, the left and right sides of the highlight are shaped such that it both visually and functionally spills over onto the adjacent [un-highlighted] text.

Because of this, the adjacent text is extremely difficult to select; 9/10 times, you end up selecting the highlight element. The resulting markup just looks cartoonish as well.

I’m guessing that implementing a rounded shape for all highlight objects in acrobat, is far more…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Date and Time Stamp on Comments

When using comments it would be great to be able to turn off and on the date and time stamp feature instead of the unchangeable default of the date and time stamp always being on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not all Comments showing by default in commented PDF

Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. $169 for a product that is inferior to the one a few years ago for less

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and 'stuff' in my computer no longer worked as before. I uninstalled the program until I needed it again.
    This iteration of an editing of PDF's is so foreign to what I used a few years ago without going online, in iCloud, in an APP blah, blah, blah that I will never purchase this program again. I will go to a professional editor to help me! I'm not a techi and don't even understand some of the wording in your instructions. I came before to Adobe to get superior editing, moving around file, pages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. COLRBAR

Hello,
    2 request from me:
    1) is it possible the create a own colortoolbar, i use different colors in my documents and i have to switch many times to the properties. A own created colorbar would be nice and helpfull.
    2) I use in my acrobat pro dc a 3 party applkication from evermap, it is to create multiple hyperlinks at ones. Verry helpfull for 1000 of pages. Could you build this also in the program. I now there is a function hyperlink, but this works so easy and smooth. I think every person would be helped with this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Crash report: blue spinning wheel for 20 minutes

Two files open in Shared Review, two crashes in an hour. First crash launched an error message and crash report. This time, I've been stuck on a blue spinning wheel and (Not Responding) for twenty minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base