Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

728 results found

1. I use a windows 10 PC and this app has become nearly unusable. Every single time I am editing a document or commenting, it crashes. If I leave the document open and don't touch it, it crashes. It's now crashing so badly that the textbox wont even let me write a report or send feedback on the crash. This is completely UNNACCEPTABLE given I PAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FOR THIS APP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Running Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2024.001.20604 on a Mac.

Previously, we could change the commenter name and make the new commenter name a default by editing the comment "Properties > General" and then checking "Make Properties Default", as detailed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-cc-comment-name-change/td-p/9307260

With the most recent update, "Make Properties Default" has no effect. It continually defaults back to each individual's Adobe User Name with every new comment. We can change each of them by hand, but cannot change the default behavior.

We can enable Edit>Preferences to "Always use Log-in name for author name", but that will only use the log-in name…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Once this text tools pop up is displayed, it won't go away no matter what you do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I type comments onto my student's pdf's of their screenplays. The text often stops
    working if I scroll away to double check something on another page forcing me to create a new text box, AND, it will display that same text in random places on other pages.

Also, I would like the ability to create my own text box dimensions so that the text wraps and stays confined to the text box instead of just continuing off screen which makes no sense as a feature. In what circumstance could that be helpful?

Please fix the wonky acrobat features to make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Impossible de surligner un document avec la version payante standard. Ce logiciel est vraiment nul.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Adobe Acrobat Team,

I am a regular user of Adobe Acrobat and I frequently work with large PDF documents that require revision numbering on each page. I currently have a 100-page document where I need to change the revision number on each page individually, which is a time-consuming and tedious task.

I suggest adding an option in Adobe Acrobat that allows users to change all pages' revision numbers at once, making it easier and more efficient to manage these types of documents. This feature would greatly improve productivity and streamline the process of updating revision numbers in multi-page PDFs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a student, many lecture notes and other files are downloaded as PDFs. Many times I convert them to word documents to use the drawing tools offered by Microsoft Word that are not offered on Adobe.

For instance, there are more erasing options such as a stroke eraser instead of the point eraser, which is very time consuming. The lasso is also especially helpful. With the lasso, the user is able to erase entire sections of drawings or move them.

On Microsoft Office, there is an entire toolbar for drawing options that would be helpful for students using Adobe to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I comment with both Chinese and English together, Chinese characters will overlap with each other, see attached image
    I am using the most updated acrobat. Windows 64 bit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I routinely check, review, mark up records. I also use the markups to keep track of changes. Word documents are unacceptable because I need to keep a permanent record that work was done.

PDF Exchange editor has a tool that lets me draw a polygon, and set the color blend mode so the polygon acts like a hilighter. I can use this to flag something that is an issue, use different colors to identify the type of issue, and whether or not it has been addressed/resolved.

Adobe acrobat lets me twiddle the opacity, but this makes reading the file difficult,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi. I've been using Acrobat for my work for around three years. I basically translate comics from Japanese into English and I switch input methods a lot between Japanese, Korean and Swedish. I haven't had any problems with the app before but since an update perhaps 3-5 months ago, Acrobat keeps crashing when I'm writing a comment in a PDF and change the input method while the text marker is in the comment input box. It happens quite a lot. Usually, only the last two or three comments disappear, but it is quite annoying and when that loading wheel thingy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe ask your customers before *ucking up their professional work area - Hadnt looked for PDF alternatives before,,, but I certainly am now
    Selfish move by Adobe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The old version of Acrobat (Pro X) allowed users to put comments on various items in the document, such as highlighted text, etc. and move those boxes around on the document and change their size.

Now, Acrobat (Pro 2019 and onward) obscures that comment box with a reply field and totally wasted blank space beneath it (see attached). A user shouldn't have to click on a comment box to see the text that's there. This is yet another example of HORRID user interface changes. While reply-type commenting is a useful feature, destroying the original comment box's functionality for those that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the new version of acrobat is terrible! you took away tools that made it easy to provide graphic markups to documents, you reversed the entire format of where toolbars are located so i have to retrain my brain on where to look for things. the arrow box and markup editing features are clunky, slow and difficult to manipulate. if it isn't corrected i'm reverting to bluebeam for good.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Things change - as does the UI - that is fine. Professionals working with Adobe Pro have adapted before. However, the changes have DOUBLED the amount of time it takes to mark up a PDF and as far as I can see there is no solution for this.

• We are not longer able to highlight text, start typing and have text automatically replaced. We also have to select the tool, then implement the mark up.

• We are not able to pick a spot in the text, start typing and have text automatically inserted. We also have to select the tool,…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The format box that appears when typing in a comment is not moveable and overlaps with my document - sometimes OVER the comment I'm trying to type. making it VERY difficult to edit text or use the PDF. Can't this be dockable? or at least Moveable??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need the ability to extract ONLY the highlighted text and tables to a word or PDF document for easy reference. Students studying will benefit from an abridged version of the PDF to only review highlighted notes from their PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Acrobat Pro, Windows:

1) The "Record Audio" Comment option doesn't work well: a really loud background noise is always present, and I have to massively strain my voice to beat it. (If I forget to strain it, the recording has a fade-in effect where the recorded sound is inaudible at first, but then gets better a few seconds in.)
    This is not a hardware issue - tried different laptops & different microphones (internal and external). Searching the forum, I found that this issue has existed for more than a decade (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/is-there-a-way-to-fix-the-static-noise-problem-in-record-audio-comments-in-acrobat/m-p/14383077#M448422), please fix it.

2) Also, whenever a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you want to make comments to PDF, you click the relevant comment button and make a comment (Box or line or highlight etc.), however the comment feature is stuck and next time you click anywhere, the Adobe keep on inserting comments, until an Esc button is clicked. Previous version was better where you click comments and you can put comment and carry on reading the pdf content. New feature is bit frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The latest Acrobat is TERRIBLE!! Not only are old tools missing (page scroll is the worst!) but after adding a comment to page 1 of a document I was reviewing, I find it has also been posted on pages 2, 3, 5, 8 and on...

Attempts to revise the text of a comment I added a few minutes earlier are thwarted. Acrobat no longer allows a user to revise their own entries??

As I read the comment in the forum, there seems to be enough frustration with what this version has done, that simply providing access to download and use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?