Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tag

I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upgraded Macbook pro to Catalina OS and now Adobe does NOT Work.

I am told that it is not compatible and have to buy Adobe DC. Not happy. I am so tired of spending money on new computer programs. Everything worked just fine. Upgraded and now it wont even open. I refuse to buy new program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browsing Advanced Search Results

In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
    Expected result: Should not crash
    Observed result: Crashes consistently

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Invoice in CAD for Canadian Companies!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing more frustrating that being invoice in USD when we are in Canada! It is a doable thing to add another currency to an accounting program. SO DO IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What happened to the +/- Zoom?

What happened to the +/- zoom function? I need the ability to manually input the % of a zoom when comparing files; so that I am comparing "apples" to "apples" when it comes to the percentage size the the zooms. Why does it seem that every new version of Acrobat worse than the previous version?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to compare documents that are signed. I want to identify the differences - !!! Not change them !!! Why is this not available?

I want to compare signed documents. I don't want to change them - just compare to identify changes. Been beating my head against the wall and I cannot understand the logic that prevents using compare.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.
    It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
    - What is the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS that you are using currently?
    - Could you please share the workflow that you’re using while using the Compare tool?
    - Could you please share some sample files with us so that we could reproduce the issue at our end?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – cloud.acrobat.com/send
    - Open the above mentioned link
    – Click on “Select files to Send”
    – Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file
    – Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add…

8. Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. Hanging/crashing on saveas.

Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. It is Hanging/Crashing on SaveAs and during editing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to reactivate Embedded Indexes

I followed this tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/be_fr/acrobat/kb/enable-embedded-index-to-search-pdf.html) to reactivate embedded index in acrobat pro dc 2015 15.006.30.464. When testing the modification, The indexing is not functional.
    Is there a solution of this problem ?

Best Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are sorry that the solution did not fix the issue.

Will it be possible for you to please share a sample PDF with us on which the issue can be reproduced?

You can mail it on sagrover@adobe.com

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

10. Icon Error

The icon for Adobe Acrobat DC, is (for me) a blank piece of paper. This happens with no other Adobe apps but with Acrobat and it is really displeasing not knowing where to click in the task bar. Please fix it! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export measurement markup to excel incorrectly

I use Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040 version to do take-off quantity and when I export to csv file (use right click when you're in measure distance mode). It looks like all the numbers are shown incorrectly. Have anyone known how to fix or had the same problem? Cheers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the Download button more prominent on the file download page

When a file is shared using a link in Acrobat Pro DC, the page that opens tries to open the file. The problem with this is that some of the features don't work properly on this page (such as portfolios and initial views within portfolios). Please make the download button more prominent so that user can open the file in the Acrobat software easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File rename option should be there.... essential

File rename option should be there.... essential

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug Report] - Acrobat DC will not open with MacOS Mojave V 10.14.4

[Bug Report] - Acrobat DC will not open with MacOS Mojave V 10.14.4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug - Searching for text causes the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to close

When I search for text in a PDF, the application begins to find instances of that text, then closes without warning or error messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dropdown Find Window

The dropdown "Find" window used to search documents for keywords is always a problem — it slows down scrolling to an annoyingly low level. Please put the "Find" window in the bar of the program interface to alleviate the scrolling problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you’re facing issues with Find tool. Could you please tell me more about the workflow that you’re performing while using the Find tool?

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

17. (Bug) Resizing windows stutters

Resizing a window by dragging the lower right corner is very laggy. Often, the mouse pointer is halfway across the width of the window before the window starts to resize. It then jumps repeatedly to catch up with the mouse as you resize the window.

On a late 2016 MacBook Pro, Mojave, 16 GB ram,
    Acrobat DC Pro version 2019.008.20074

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

I would request you to kindly update to the latest available version of Adobe Acrobat DC using “Check for updates”

Also please send a screen recording video of the issue that you are facing to us at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

18. Bug: Reduced Size PDF Leads to Corruption

We are a publisher which also publishes PDF version online. In trying to use the latest version (2019.008.20081) to save as reduced file size, the text becomes corrupted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC BUG

There is a bug in this software that does not allow you to save the document. A blank window pops up and nothing shows, i.e. where the file could be saved. Only after several attempts does the "save as" window fully show up. What is the solution for this bug?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe crashed my whole computer !!!

I opened a document on Adobe on Mac and then it stopped responding right away. Then I tried to restart my computer or shut it down, it showed that because my ADOBE WOULD NOT let me!!?? I couldn't not open any pdf or restart my computer because of this. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base