Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have provided a registry protected fix, some users confirmed that this worked for them.
    Could you please try this at your end as well and let us know your feedback?
    Kindly make sure you are on the latest DC build(20.012.20043) and then follow the steps from the attached word file: “Steps.docx”.

Regards,
    Arvind

2. Please create an option in Acrobat DC Pro for highlighting and/or marking text without also automatically creating a pop up comment.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ammar responded

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

3. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

4. Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I recently discovered the new feature in Acrobat Pro DC that allows me to use the highlight tool to highlight "text" in a scanned pdf that has not been ocr'd. I tried to use it today but it would not work. Was the awesome feature removed? If so it should be brought back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I probably don't use this feature like many do, but I used to use the 'comment' feature on my touchscreen to annotate notes with a stylus. As a teacher, I like to project the notes I've typed and write on screen with the pen. With the new update, it's hard to find all of the controls to do this. I've managed to find some, but it's not a straightforward.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When attempting to enter a text box in the top RH corner of a document the tool covers the area the document I am editing. Have the tools we want to use permanently displayed

revert back to version 9 format.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi User, Thanks for reaching out to us.
    The workaround for this is to click on the text properties icon bar to hide the properties so that you can easily see the text box.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

For the second ask, can you explain the issue again as we are not clear with the ask here.

8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi User, Thanks for reaching out to us.
    Are you facing this issue only for highlight or for other annots as well ?

Can you uncheck the commenting preference “Automatically open comment pop-ups for comment other than notes” and try to create another highlight. Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Different color option is available by using the color picker to change the color of the Pen.
    The color picker is available in the tool bar. Please try that and let us know if that works for you.

12. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

13. How do you hide the 'comment list"? It pops up every time I try to make something and it doesn't automatically adjust the document and takes up so much of the screen. Very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Document made in Acrobat Pro DC 2018 and sent for review.
    Came back with multiple comments. Those of them that got fixed got marked. Then I could come back later and show only unmarked comments. It works just fine in 2018 version. But with New Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 it does not work. As soon as i click on the filter button to sort the comments the whole Acrobat gets jammed. I have tried several times, also restarted computer. So there must be something wrong here.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We have tried at our end to reproduce the issue but we are unable to do so.
    Can you provide the review link of the review file or a local copy of the review file with all the comments to investigate further ?

15. Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac CRASHES and cannot find moved or renamed PDF files, or files with highlighted text (yellow fluorescent marker)

These issues have been around forever. I reported this on 15th September2011:
    Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1 cannot find recent files or files with edited names
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/902798

Yet, the problems remain with latest Adobe Acrobat Pro Document Cloud (DC) ContinuousTrack 2017.009.20044. I have also reported to
    Feature Request/Bug Report Form to no avail:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

ISSUES:

1. Adobe Acrobat Pro CRASHES if you open a PDF file, edit it (for instance using the highlight text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I came in with a notification to log into Adobe Creative Suite for profile setup. After running the the dialog box to set up the profile, I lost all comments on shared Acrobat files. That is over 5 hours of review comments lost. Is there a way to retrieve those comments? I have no interest in reviewing a 90 page document again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into the issue reported by you and will try our best to resolve it. Meanwhile could you please give us the below info and let us know.

1. This issue happens to you for one specific file or on everyone.
    2. Could you please try opening the shared file from Web(Browser) and let us know if comments are visible or not.
    3. Also please share error if you got any.

17. what happened to the old mark up tools? highlight text with note, delete text (red line through), etc??
    I used those extensively previously, and this new version is pretty useless without them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to us.
    We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Can you use Strikethrough text or Add Note to replace text to create the red line through .
    If you have any specific requirement of a new annot , please let us know the exact use case for the same .
    If the use case is not met by existing annots, we shall add this requirement to our product backlog.

18. I use Acrobat Standard DC v.2015.006.30417
    Each time I close a document, I get another screen which I then need to click on to close my document. I've seen, online, comments regarding a box, in General Preferences, that can be checked to eliminate this feature, but my version does not have the box.
    What can I do to stop this very annoying activity?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am trying to move my colleagues away from .docx to .pdf. Unfortunately we often have to review older version of a file that has been modified. How can we do this in DC? Can we?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The arrow in the comment section will not change color... It seems to be locked, but when i click on Properties the Locked box is uncheck. The only way to change the color is to make it a default, every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?