Feature request / Bug report

Comment list takes too long to load

Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carl Béliveau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I'm on a PC, using the latst version of Acrobat Pro DC (I have tried checking for updates, but none are available) on Windows 10 (also up to date).

I am working on a PDF of around 63MB, with around 2000 comments. I can view the document fine, but as soon as I open the comments pane the whole thing slows down to an unusably slow speed. It takes over 10 seconds to do anything at all, whether or not it's directly related to the comments. Even scrolling from one page to another takes over 10 seconds.
        As I'm a freelance editor using Adobe to edit proofs, this is a serious problem. Please help!

• Kelly Vaughn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each time I click on the Comments list, Action wizard, or any other tool, it takes 3-5 seconds to load. I am also on Mac OS. Loading the Comments pane took 4 seconds, and I only had four comments.

• Carl Béliveau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Aduait.

1. Version: 2015.020.20042

2. OS version: 10.11.6

3. Even if there is only one simple comment I get a delay. I just did it on a single comment file. 30 seconds between hitting the Comments button in the right hand side bar and seeing the comment list (of one) appear.

I’ve been having the problem since Acrobat DC. I saw in forums people going back to previous version of Acrobat to avoid the issue. I’d rather not.

Thanks.

Carl

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base