Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. "Don't forget your scan" is displayed in the Adobe Scan app for Android each* time I use the app to successfully scan. *This issue is repeatable. The scans are viewable on a PC, so this is why I say say they scans are successful even though the message is displayed each time I use the Android app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need to create a form in Acrobat that have expandable tables, so the user can add rows as needed and that has text fields that expands as the user fills in the text (not just the scrollbar at the end of the text field as that cannot be printed)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  amukherj responded

Found some technical challenges and this feature is not going to make it soon.

3. I have a lot of deposition transcripts that I would like to simply listen to while I'm doing other tasks. The transcripts have each line numbered as well as time-stamped. Using read-out-loud feature includes all these numbers which makes listening unnecessarily lengthy and broken. I'd like to be able to define margins that the read-out-loud feature stays within, thereby eliminating the time stamps and line numbers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI David,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I shared you concern with the higher management and I would like to tell you that we don’t have any current plan of implementing it. However, I have added the request in our bucket list for upcoming releases and you may see it coming in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Hello,

I need PDFMaker to create accessible pdfs in Word. Maker is suggested to meet WCAG 2.0 requirements.

I'm very surprised that Adobe has not made Maker available on the mac as MOST DESIGNERS USE MACS! Adobe is the gold standard in the design world. (Although I don't usually work in Word, these are the files my client has given me.)

Luckily I have a Windows laptop so I can get my work done.

Thank you,
    Erica Cetin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Items rotated don't reflect that they're in portrait mode in the Page Thumbnails viewer (all of the time, anyway)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reproduction: Open the "woodruffsvm" file or the "variance_reduction-saddle" file I attached, change text color to white.

Environment: MacOS Big Sur, Adobe Acrobat DC

Expected Result: the horizontal/vertical lines coming from fraction bars, square root signs, and tables should be changed to white as well

Observed Result: these lines remained black

This seems to happen for some pdfs and not others; for example, in the "unified" pdf I attach, the fraction bars and table lines are properly changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is not possible to install the new Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 for mac at Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6. on a MacBook Pro from 2017

What should one do in this situation?
    * Install any possible Mac OS Update? (Hard change just motivated by one failure at Acrobat) at which Mac OS Version does Acrobat Pro secure work?
    * Claim the sold (Not Cheap) Software package and use alternative product for macbook?

Please help fast because reclamation time is going away.
    Thanks a lot!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using a painting tool, I use the display the HUD (Heads-Up-Display) color picker shortcut on the Mac, (hold Control+Option+Command then click right-click). It's heavily integrated into my process as a digital painter. Please reconsider bringing this shortcut back to the newest versions of Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Text to Speech upgrades, enhanced voices, and over better integration, have been requested numerous times... but no real movement from Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and I cannot understand the issue on your side. I’m closing this.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I use Accessibility Check, the document is scanned for shapes that need Alt Text. The algorithm is too sensitive. It picks up small things like bullets, hole punches, lines from shadows and a lot of stuff that winds up being marked as "decorative" that really don't need any alt text. It would be great of the algorithm were tweaked just a bit so that it figures out the area of each shape and if the area doesn't meet a minimum threshold, the algorithm doesn't flag it as needing alt-text. Perhaps a setting would let the user set the threshold,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    The suggestion provided by you has been shared to the higher management. Unfortunately, no threshold can be set for the images we are checking the pdfs as per the standards. We have set them as decorative or provide an Alt text to define them.

Feel free to contact us in case of any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I converted Word 2013 file to PDF by using Save As PDF in Word. The entire file displayed large, light gray rectangles adjacent to the text on each page. (See attached image.) The solution to remove those rectangles was to delete comments that appeared in the Word document and save it as a PDF, again. There was only one comment in the Word file that got there by accident, but it caused hours of frustration for me. Once it was removed, the conversion worked like a charm.

To remove comments, in Word, go to Review, Delete Comments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. An accessible MS Word 2016 docx, saved as a PDF with the Adobe PDFMaker Add-in enabled, creates a PDF when Accessibility Checked with Acrobat Pro 2017 results in a Title: Failed error. The same MS Word PDF created after disabling the PDFMaker Com Add-in no longer results in the Title:Failed error.

The Title: Failed error caused by PDFMaker is easily corrected by clicking "Fix it" in acrobat pro, but the document already has a title and this step should not be necessary. It's better to disable PDFMaker which is installed as part of Acrobat Pro 2017.

Please fix PDFMaker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a glitch with Adobe PDF. When you covert a Microsoft Word document to an Adobe PDF, some pilcrows (¶) are changed while some are not in the same document. Some pilcrows have a curved bottom. Additionally, all superscript characters become subscript. So all in-text citations with a superscript number and all superscript th and nd, etc., such as in 4th, 2nd, etc., become subscript. It also depends on how you open the file. On Adobe Cloud, the pilcrow problem doesn't happen, but the other one does. On Instructure Canvas opening my PDF files, both problems are present.

Austin…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ciao
    nelle versioni precedenti di acrobat, quando c'era una finestra con due scelte, tipo quando si vuole sostituire un file, annulla è in blu e premendo invio si annullava, mentre sostituisci, se nelle preferenze di osx è stato scelto su accesso completo di spuntare tutti i controlli, ha un contorno azzurro, premendo la barra di spazio si sostiutiva.
    la nostra versione è 2020.006.20042
    è possibile ripristinare questa opzione che rendeva il lavoro molto più veloce, per cortesia?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You want to look at rival app Casedo which appears to be what Lightroom is to Photoshop in terms of workflow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Start with a PDF with scanned image(s) and some transparent text, then do Autotag. The Autoag seems to change the Z order of the images and the page now looks distorted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    They looked into this and it seems that there is some issue in the pdf itself. We have been working to make a better experience for our customers.
    For now, We have kept this feature in our radar and will be looking into similar documents.

Please update to the latest versions to experience the latest features.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. Please add accessibility tools/features to Illustrator so that:

1. It will export to an accessible PDF/UA-1 compliant PDF with live machine-readable text, tags, Alt-text on individual graphic elements, File Info metadata, and reading order.

2. All of these accessibility features will be retained when an AI file is imported into InDesign for a larger sized document. Must retain the live machine-readable text, tags, Alt-text on individual elements, and reading order. (At this time, AI files become static graphics when imported into InDesign and they lose their live text and all capability of being fully PDF/UA-1 compliant.)

This is extremely critical for info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat for Windows reads tagged PDF (aka PDF/UA) files and exposes an accessibility tree to assistive tech such as NVDA, Narrator, JAWS etc.

Acrobat for Mac does not do this. (And neither does Preview, or Safari). This means that the 'portable' document format is not accessible to Mac screen reader users at all. You can get the text nodes, but none of the semantic tags are respected.

Why is there such a discrepancy between accessibility support on the Mac vs. Windows versions of Acrobat Reader?
    That's not what 'portable' means! Please address this as soon as possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I would like to inform you that we have identified the issue but we do not have plans to fix it. We have kept it in our radar and will be fixing this in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?