Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to export Gmail email via the Adobe Chrome Extension

We want the ability to export a number of Gmail emails or a Gmail Label to a PDF Portfolio like we used to do with Outlook. We now only use Gmail with Chrome and would like to continue using the export to PDF Portfolio functionality.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Implement the ability to export Gmail email using the Adobe Chrome Extension

We want to be able to export a select group of Gmail emails or an entire Gmail Label to a PDF Portfolio similar to how we could with Outlook. We no longer use Outlook and have switched to Gmail with Chrome. The ability to once again export to a PDF Portfolio is a functionality we would like to continue to have.

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for your feature request.
        Unfortunately, we are unable to take your feature request right now giving other high priority issues. We might consider it for future releases.

Thanks
        Tanvi

• If "multiple tabs in one window" option is available in Acrobat Reader then it should be available in the Pro DC classic.

I mean come on... If the Acrobat Reader the free version has the multiple tabbed pdf's in one window then why doesn't the Acrobat Pro DC have it? It's frustrating.

I have the classic version 2015.006.30280, which is licensed and bought. Just doesn't make sense to not have the option.

10 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

If you wish to use Multitab feature in acrobat , Classic 2017 support multitab feature.

Let me know for further concerns here.

Thanks,
          Ayush Jain

• Ability to undock the comments list

Ability to undock the comments list and view it horizontally.

There are cases where the comments can be really long, and a vertically orientated list makes it really difficult to read, not to mention the comment may even take up the entire comments pane. Sharing the same screen space between bookmarks, the actual content, and the comments list makes everything less readable. Users should have the option to undock the list and view it anyway they like.

9 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Use the Drawing Tools to highlight objects

I would like the addition of a checkmark within the drawings tool. I find the new highlighter blob tool kind of clunky, and I'd much prefer to use the drawing markup tools when I need to highlight objects. But right now, with the drawing markup tool I have to reduce the opacity, in order to get the object below to show through. I'd like the Drawing Markup Tools to actually be able to highlight the objects, using the highlight blending mode as the Highlighter tool does.

Please add a checkmark at the top of the color picker that for "Highlight"

9 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Extract fonts from PDF files

Sometimes PDF files contain fonts that is not currently installed, so I have to use another font which doesn't look nice. It is a good idea that Adobe Acrobat can extract those fonts.

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For embedded fonts, user have the rights to view the font but not use them for editing. Extracting the fonts give access to use them for editing as well. Therefore, for legal reasons, Adobe cannot extract the fonts. You must have purchased a font and have it installed on your system to use it.

• Read aloud and google drive

Should use google drive and allow READ ALOUD mode. Many ebook readers are allowing that feature. eg ereader prestigio

8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

• 7 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Since we haven’t got any response from you yet, we are closing this post here.
                    Please reach out to us if you still have concerns in this.

Thanks
                    Ayush

• setting to open sidebar with comments by default

Please create a preferences setting so that the commenting sidebar opens by default when opening a document. That's what I use 99% of the time, and it's irritating to have to open that up every single time.

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • rounded highlight edges are problematic

When highlighting, a recent update made it so that the edges of the highlight are rounded, rather than straight up and down. This is problematic when using highlighting to make comments for a compositor to do something with text in a proof, because it is not crystal clear which characters the highlight is actually applied to.

For (just one) example, if I highlight a word within parentheses to mark for the compositor to make it italic, it looks like the parentheses are also highlighted when they are not.

The attached screenshot with the blue selection shows what the selection looks…

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • adobe acrobat use to be great; now there is no end to the suck you have produced....********

adobe acrobat use to be great; now there is no end to the suck you have produced....********

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • URGENT..... Oh for god.s sake PLEASE fix it

why has my "acrobat" option suddenly disappeared from my Word application?

I've not changed a damned thing... buit trying to save what I've been doing for over 15 years has suddenly disappeared...

I'm an ACI in 5 Adobe products and I need to do some PDFs from Word documents for tomorrow's class.

geee. thanks a lot.... I now need to f.. around and find a work around....

PLEASE FIX!!!!

Annette Rays
                          ACI PP AE PS ID AI
                          Certified Maxon C4d

5 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are closing this case from our end as there had been no response from your side despite reminders. Feel free to reopen a new case if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks
                            Tanvi

• 4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Action steps check mark color

I miss the green check marks on completed steps in actions! I can hardly see the light gray checks in Acrobat Pro 2017.

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Menus

All Icon based navigation is really confusing. Please stick to regular menu navigation like the rest of the world

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are closing this request as we haven’t got further info on this.

Please reach out to us again if you have more concerns.

Thanks
                                  Ayush

• Just bought Acrobat DC to find that i "can't edit this document because it's already been signed" why did i buy this stupid thing then

Just bought Acrobat DC to find that i "can't edit this document because it's already been signed" why did i buy this stupid thing then

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Problems with Changing Font Color in Acrobat Pro XI (PeeCee)

This issue relates to a feature request which I will submit separately. In the meantime, here is what I posted about this problem in the Acrobat Pro "Editing & Exporting PDFs" forum:

As described in a related "PDF Page Size" message thread, I am needing to change the font color of all - or a specified range of - pages within a 200-page PDF file, from dark grey to black. As stated in that separate thread:

In experimenting with changing the font color in a fully-justified three-column text document, in Acrobat Pro XI (Windoze 7 Professional), I am having disappointing…

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Page Display - 2 page view

View 2 sided - the first and last page should always be by themselves (1-page only). That way you get true side-by-side viewing for a two sided document.

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • hyperlink

My MS Office 2010 files cannot be converted into PDFusing additional bar by Adobe - Acrobat - Create PDF. Any help? It works only via PRINT TO PDF via print manager however the hyperlinks in the original document don't work. Please can you help me asap? Ladislava

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are closing this case from our end as there had been no response from your side despite reminders. Feel free to reopen a new case if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks
                                          Tanvi

• Incomplete "From" field when converting to PDF from Microsoft Outlook 2016

In "From" field only shows the name of the email account but doesn't show its email account between "< ... >", like in previous releases.

System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 (updated) // Microsoft Outlook 2016 (updated) // Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015.023.20070

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks
                                            Tanvi

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base