352 results found
-
Feature request - OCR for Indian Languages
Indian languages are used by 1/6th of humanity. It would be really helpful if major Indian languages such as Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, and Sanskrit had the OCR feature. There are many 3rd party OCR softwares for some of these languages but if it was integrated into Acrobat, it would also make searches, editing, and other things easier for users of these languages.
4 votes -
Japanese OCR produces garbled text with "Searchable Image" on macOS
I am experiencing a problem with Japanese OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
When I run text recognition on a scanned Japanese PDF and select "Searchable Image", the page itself looks normal, but when I select and copy the recognized text, the result is garbled.
For example, I get text like:
「譛ャ譖ク縺ッ縲∵叛騾∝、ァ蟄ヲ縺ョ隰帷セゥ逕ィ縺ォ菴懈縺励◆縲∽シ夊ィ亥ュヲ縺ョ蝓コ譛ャ譖ク縺ァ縺吶」
It should be recognized as:
「本書は、放送大学の講義用に作成した、会計学の基本書です。」
The same document works correctly when I use "Editable Text and Images" instead.Environment:
- OS: macOS 26.6.2
- Acrobat: 2026.002.21901 (Continuous Release)
- App language: Japanese1 vote -
텍스트 스캔의 사용여부를 수동으로 기본 설정해주세요
제발 "편집"기능 눌렀을때 자동으로 "스캔"기능을 실행하지않게 기본값을 수동으로 설정해주세요.
솔직히 ADOBE 개발자분들도 본인들의 "스캔"기능이 제대로 작동하질않는다는점을 잘 알고계시잖아요?
텍스트 스캔은 시간도 많이 잡아먹고 대다수 사용자들에게 "우선적으로" 불필요한 기능이란 점을 반드시 알아주셨으면 합니다.
1 vote -
Suggestions to improve Acrobat's "Review Recognized Text" UI & functional capability
The UI of the existing "Review Recognized Text" UI (& its functionality) is outdated and BADLY needs improvement. Today, it still only has buttons to "Accept" or "Cancel" [stops the entire operation}, plus it permits the user to manually "edit" how that item will be recognized (just this time) before the user selects "Accept".
These two options themselves don't need to change, but - alone - they are TERRIBLY inadequate, particularly when reviewing a very long document in which the exact same item appears as "unrecognized' many, many times. Other OCR products offer much more helpful additional buttons, which -…
1 vote -
Adobe Scan for IOS
In ID Card capture mode, automatic finger removal incorrectly identifies and removes part or all of the portrait photograph when the scan is saved. Because this silently alters identity-document content, finger removal should be disabled by default for ID scans or require confirmation before processing.
1 vote -
Acrobat repeatedly steals Windows focus while performing OCR
When Acrobat performs OCR on a large PDF, it repeatedly brings its window to the foreground and takes keyboard focus, apparently each time it moves to the next page.
This prevents me from working in another application, such as Microsoft Excel, while OCR is running. Every few seconds, focus switches from Excel back to Acrobat. Any typing may then be interrupted or accidentally entered into Acrobat.
OCR is a long-running background operation, particularly for documents containing hundreds or thousands of pages. Acrobat should not activate its window or take keyboard focus merely because it has moved to the next page.
…
1 vote -
Acrobat Standard crashes when trying to scan.
My info:
- Acrobat Standard, not sure where to look for version but I think it's the latest
- Windows 11 Home, 10.0.26200 Build 26200
- Epson ET-3850, connected by Ethernet not wi-fi
- Scanning works with Epson's scan utility1 vote -
Stop automatically scanning (OCR) documents. Just ask me first if I want that (I don't!).
Stop Adobe from automatically scanning documents. That needs to be an option that I request or that you prompt me for, not something that starts automatically (and potentially damages documents / freezes the app for a long period of time).
1 vote -
Scan and OCR
When I am using the OCR function with a document, the whole app is paralysed and won't allow me to read or work on other documents in other tabs. If this is by design then this is a significant oversight because other work cannot take place especially when the document being processed is large. If this is a fault then I need to know how to correct it. I am running an up to date PC with 32ghz processing power so I don't really understand what the problem is.
1 vote -
vFlat ile taradığım kitap sayfalarında OCR işlemi
I am experiencing 2 problems: (1) When I close and reopen the file where I defined the OCR, it needs to be redefined. (2) When performing OCR on book pages that I scanned with vFlat, I cannot achieve complete success on some pages. Some parts of the page remain unrecognizable.
1 vote -
"ENHANCE" button by screening from photo disappeared !!!
I use the photo to pdf conversion very often.
Now when I want to help the screening enhance the file, it is marked but the button disappears.This is the status since the last update about 2-3 weeks ago.
1 vote -
TTS
Thank you for adding TTS to Adobe Acrobat Reader!! I'm writing today because sometimes, when attempting to use the new TTS feature, some pdfs are currently incompatible due to how OCR works on scanned PDF files. Sometime the TTS won't "understand" how to read a two column pdf. It will just read both columns as though it was one sentence, which defeats the point of using TTS.
TTS is in adobe is a game changer for me! It's vital feature because sometimes i'll write small reflections (in MC word) is my scholarly pdf is being read to me. Which amplifies…
1 vote -
Create Button sucks
Hovering the mouse anywhere REMOTELY close to the create button will prompt the drop down to create a new tab etc. The mouse is not on the button when this happens, but NEXT to "create" and and the drop down still happens. It is in the way, when simply trying to select the top of the page bar to move my screen around.
3 votes -
Page Range Ignored when performing OCR
This is a bug. This used to work. Around 6 weeks ago, this stopped working. Steps to reproduce: Select Scan & OCR -> In this file -> Pages -> (User enters a page range). Then choose Recognize text. The page range shown in the dialogue box will be ignored and ALL pages will have OCR performed. Platform: Windows. Expected Result: Selected Pages get OCR. Observed Result: All pages get OCR.
2 votes -
TEXT RECOGNITION IN PDF SO THAT WORDS CAN BE HIGHLIGHTED
The Convert Webpage to PDF, and Add Webpage PDF functions were completely destroyed by Adobe about 9 months ago. I requested fixes a couple of times and eventually Adobe restored these to much better functionality about a month ago. I responded that the functions were now good.
BUT I have since found that once the PDF is created from a webpage, there is no text recognition within the PDF. When I try to use the OCR recognition function, it responds "could not perform recognition because this page contains renderable text".
The consequence of this is that highlighting of individual words…
3 votes -
I'm trying to convert a file with text in pictures to Word. Adobe converts about half the file and then leaves the rest as picture files
I'm trying to convert a file with text in pictures to Word. Adobe converts about half the file and then leaves the rest as picture files.
Why am I paying for a job halfway done? This is only 7 pages long. Even then, the OCR is very poor!
2 votes -
handwriting
Recognition of scanned handwriting is extremely bad, even at maximum resolution. There should be a learning process within the Acrobat software in order to help the tool recognizing my handwriting better. I should be able to help the tool in recognizing the handwriting better and better. So far, this is not documented anywhere nore available in any way. Strange...as it was for many other software more than 10 years ago already.
2 votes -
scan crashes
Adobe randomly crashes when scanning. Once it crashes, it keeps crashing until Adobe is repaired or the computer is rebooted. Even then, it sometimes it continues to crash. This has been ongoing for years.
2 votes -
Add Arabic languages
Add Arabic to the recognized text languages
4 votes -
recognize text in selected thumbnails
Recognize text in selected pages/thumbnails
I want to open the thumbnail view, select the pages that need OCR, and then have the ability to right click and select an option like "Recognize text in selected pages."
I work with a lot of files that have scanned images scattered among hundreds or thousands of pages that don't require text recognition; I want to select only the pages that require text recognition and apply OCR to those pages without having to keep updating the OCR page rage. If we can select and print non-consecutive pages, we should be able to do the…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?