Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. After updating to version 19.012.20036 we have an issue with scanning. Example: We scan pages using our scanners document feeder. Then we select "Enhance Scans", "Insert Pages", "From Scanner" and feed more pages. Then when we try to load the feeder and scan additional pages, it won't let you select "Scan" again. If you click "Close" and then "Close" again in the upper right corner, it will let you scan more pages 1 time and then it won't let you do it again. Before, we could keep adding additional pages to the document feeder and keep scanning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When OCRing a document and you move to another program to allow the OCR to continue, the cursor is still the watch. This makes working in other programs difficult. The watch should only take over the cursor when you are actually in Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to know about the solutions for OCR software for Marathi and Hindi language.
    Pls provide the solutions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello,

I have noticed that some of the other OCR software performs better than Adobe Acrobat DC OCR function... i.e. Power PDF. I wonder if you can improve it's functionality as far as recognizing the characters is concerned?...

Regards,
    Jeff Paarsa

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

When including Enhance Scan in an Action Wizard and running it against a folder with Multiple files in it, repeatedly prompt and ask for the next file... I don't want to see that prompt, like when I am OCRing I can uncheck the Prompt check box...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want scanned documents to be searchable, and I want people to be able to copy/paste text from the documents, but I don't want them to be able to edit that text. I cannot find a setting that allows that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OCR hangs on the newest MacBook Pro with macOS 10.13.6, Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.2005

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really need Clearscan back. I don't want editable texts, but I just want characters to be smoothed out. I feel that there should be an option for this. I am Japanese, and usually scan Japanese characters. Editable texts might work for alphabets, but not really for Asian characters. I upgraded from Acrobat XI to Acrobat to Acrobat pro 2017, but scanning experience with this 2017 version was the worst as far as ocr was concerned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In fact, all languages supported by the open source tesseract project should be available to Adobe customers. Better yet, Adobe licenses OCR from I.R.I.S. S.A. and meanwhile Readiris 17 has support for 130 languages, including Icelandic. Time to update or lose some license restrictions and move open source. What are you paying for, other than sub-par technology? Tesseract is a project supported by Google with an Apache 2.0 license.

Foxit and ABBYY Finereader also have support. Adobe is severely lagging behind here. The tesseract engine is particularly good at character recognition but does not have a very nice interface. There…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In prior Adobe Acrobat versions scanned pages could easily be inserted into an existing file as a new first page. or between any two previously existing pages. That was excellent as I always add pages to the top of existing documents. That feature appears to have been stupidly eliminated. I want the old Adobe!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

This functionality is still there. You can insert pages at any location you want. Follow the steps:
    1. Open any file in Acrobat
    2. Go to Organize Pages app
    3. Click on “Insert → From Scanner” option
    4. Select options to scan and click scan button
    5. A dialog will come asking where to insert scanned pages. Now you can select any option suites you.

Also, at step 3 you can hover around pages where you want to add scanned pages, there will be a “+” button. Clicking it will add pages at that location only.

Please feel free to ask anything you want.
    Thanks.

12. During the correction process utilize a dictionary to look up words which contain most characters as determined by scan and in the same left to right order. Present these as choices to be picked rather than only allowing change via direct editing. Permit editing after a choice is made however because the choice might only be close.

So often I have seen "print" scanned as "primt" for instance. Since most text is words in a dictionary the correction process can offer alternative spellings with some high degree of probability that one of them is correct. This could also be used…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat pro 2017 randomly crashes after scan during OCR and Optimization. It happens on win 7 win 10 on 3 different computers with 8 and 16 gb using fujitsu 6130 and fujitsu 7160 Scanner works fine with foxit phantom and paper stream capture. I have tried running as administrator, with acrobat elevated, with other programs shut off at startup, internet access shut off, virus programs not running etc. I have seen that I am not the only one experiencing this problem across all version of windows and various scanners and from Acrobat xi through Acrobat DC. I have increased page…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Windows 10 Pro; Brother MFC 6700DW scanner (Twain driver); latest version AA Pro DC. In the "create from scanner", scans OK when set to autodetect colour, but when I select scan to black and white, it crashes. Protected view is off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The current Acrobat Pro DC Version has omitted 4 Image enhancing features (Deskew, Background Removal, Descreen, & Text Sharpening) & I feel that they should be implemented-edited into the latest Acrobat Version to make it complete. These are very important features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Option is available in Acrobat DC as well. Serach for Optimize PDF and select “Optimize scanned Documents.”
    Its available under Filters option.
    Thanks.

17. My Adobe Acrobat DC updated overnight and now my custom scanning tools do not work. Previously I had a custom tool I named scanning with two shortcuts. One for black and white scan, and another for custom scan which I set up to scan both sides. After the update, my scanning tool and shortcuts were there, but they don't work. I tried to recreate, but I cannot scan anything without going to file > create > PDF from scanner, which then brings up enhanced scans. The Black & White tool in the Create Custom Tool does not work. Seems like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So the thing is I work as a prepress operator and usually use the Acrobat for checking incoming files if they are print worthy or if the designer needs to change colours and stuff.
    Sometimes there are elements, shapes that need to be moved and if we don't have the font or the file was made in Corel or other unknown program and the production is in a hurry the best option would be editing the doc with acrobat.
    But since the edit page tries to recognise the pages it takes a LOT of time and with books and even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In my process of lien searches when I scan the completed documents, to prepare for the return e-mail to the customer, it is easier to scan all 20 - 40 items at the same time. Then I select each customer's document from the multiple scan and label the new pdf with the customer's name and search #. It would be expeditious to be able to have the "Current Page" selected without having to return the mouse to select it for each new pfd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Enhance multiple files at one time
    2. Add the add files/folders option to select multiple files to enhance the same way I can do so when recognizing text
    3. Saves time - since this option will add OCR it will deskew the pages at the same time
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

No update since 3 months. Solution suggested. So closing this thread.
    Thanks.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?