Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. When opening PDFs from various sources, I often receive a JS pop up stating "This pdf form requires a newer version of Adobe Acrobat...", in spite of having the latest version of Reader (23.008.20555 as of this post) installed. There are often multiple (as on 3-7+) popup dialogs that repeat this message whether OK or Cancel is pushed (the only difference being OK opens a browser window to redownload what I already have).

The PDFs in question are often generated by 3rd parties, E.G. Tax preparation software online. One such recent example used iText 2.0.7, which uses PDF version 1.5…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New layout of Adobe Reader is utterly counterproductive, and makes everyday use of Adobe Reader much slower and confusing.
    I, as well as many other users I know, am using Bookmarks and Pages in at least 95% of times when I use Reader. Therefore, they should be placed on the left, where they are expected to be (it is simply a standard for similar "master-detail" situations).
    Also, primary tools, like paging, zoom-in and -out, are placed in a bottom-right corner, just like they were hiding?! But these are the basic tools, and they must be placed centrally, either on top…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Coworking space is a shared workspace that can be used by professionals, entrepreneurs, small business owners and freelancers. This type of office space has grown exponentially in popularity over the past decade, especially in the United States. It offers its members the ability to work in a dedicated coworking atmosphere that is conducive to productivity and collaboration. Coworking space in United States offers an affordable alternative to traditional office space as individuals need not commit to expensive long-term leases; coworking members can occupy coworking offices monthly or even daily depending on their needs.
    You can fins 1000s of Coworking space…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I haven't seen anything as catastrophic as the new interface in years, it will be **** to work with this.
    The problem is the new floating menu for "Add comment". The menu, if activated, used to be on top of the page, so you could access everything with one click.

Now with the new menu, I have to laboriously access everything with at least two clicks. It is beyond annoying and time-consuming.

I am an editor and I work on lage pdfs which may have hundreds of comments and corrections. This will add to my workload no end. What on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been disappointed with the update to the layout. The pages are the right hand side. As a left handed person, I often use a touch screen or key strokes for many things. It wasn't great at the top, but I'm left handed, I'm used to adapting. The right hand navigation is disappointing. :( Please test more with lefties before you change things! Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Whoever dreamed up this mess should be fired immediately. It's confusing and I can't find anything. Give us the option to go back to the tried and true previous interface.
    Can't customize the top toolbar among so many other annoyances. Will be switching to another of the many free PDF alternatives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Adobe Support,

This is to request a feature that would greatly enhance the usability and efficiency of your PDF readers. I am referring to the back and forward buttons that would allow users to navigate through the links and bookmarks within a PDF document.

As a researcher, I often read scientific papers that have thousands of links to equations, figures, tables, references, and other sections. These links are very useful for understanding the content and following the logic of the paper. However, without the back and forward buttons, it is very frustrating and time-consuming to navigate through these links.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open the attached pdf
    Search for HELLOWORLD
    Although there are 7 occurrences of the text of page, but on pressing enter for searching all occurrences it only highlights 4.
    Somehow, it is clubbing some occurrences under one

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please remove the "+ Create" button from the taskbar of Adobe Reader. It is too easy to incorrectly click on this button and annoyingly then takes time for the program to generate a blank page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since a few days, my Adobe Acrobat Reader on mac book pro doesn't open PDF file anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled many but it doesn't help, the problem persists

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Version 2023.008.20470 64-bit, Windows 11, Using new Reader interface.

Summary: When the zoom +/- buttons are used, if a manually entered zoom value was used, that value is lost.

Impact: The only way (known to the user) to bring up the zoom value entry field is to first press either the zoom +/- buttons. When this is done, it also moves to the next zoom preset and you lose your custom zoom value.

Expected result: There is some way to view your zoom setting without changing it. Also, if a custom zoom setting has been entered manually, the zoom +/-…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I work with 'White text on Black' option. But often, the content is not readable and I have to temporarily turn off the 'Use High Contrast colours for document text' option and turn it back again. Presently, I have to access the option through Edit->Accessibility->Setup Assistant->Next button and click 'Next' another three times each time I need to change the setting.

Please provide an easy way to quickly turn on/off the High Contrast option? I am using Acrobat Reader 2023.008.20421 on Windows 11 Home

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Option to remove tool panes by default at startup. They are far to big and take up ridiculous amount of space,As well as having to constantly minimize them.
    This is a MAJOR problem in Landscape Mode

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What are your favorite features and experiences using a channel manager for vacation rentals? How has it simplified the process of managing multiple listing platforms, and what challenges have you encountered along the way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please see this discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/text-default-highlight-bug/m-p/14318127#M443956

TL;DR: Default highlight color should not change every time highlight color is changed for some text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PLEASE have more space at the top of the window so I can click and drag to move the window around my screen. If you have many tabs open, there is basically no area you can click on to do that now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To enhance Adobe Reader, several improvements can be considered. Firstly, optimizing performance and reducing resource consumption would enhance user experience, making the application faster and more responsive. Additionally, implementing advanced annotation features, such as collaborative editing and real-time comments, would facilitate efficient document collaboration. Improved security measures, like advanced encryption and secure cloud integration, could enhance data protection. A more intuitive and customizable user interface would make navigation and document management more user-friendly. Lastly, regular updates and bug fixes are essential for addressing vulnerabilities and ensuring the software's stability, ensuring a smoother and safer experience for users.

Read More: https://blogzymedia.com/burst-fade-haircuts/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Print current view is a great feature when working with engineering drawings that were intended for printing larger than A4, but when one only has an A4 printer. However I have found sometimes when combined with poster mode say to split a page into two sections the output from the printer doesn't match preview. E.g. printing page 139 of attached PDF as a preview of two landscape pages sometimes results in printer a grid of 4. Printer is Brother L3510, Adobe is version 2023.006.20380 64 bit windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?