Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1471 results found

1. Recently it appears that a "feature" was added to Reader DC such that whenever you open a PDF, the editing toolbar with a button to click for a free 7 day trial of Acrobat, which looks ugly and unprofessional. The client would have to click an arrow to the right to move it out of the way, or go into View-Read Mode to see the uncluttered document. Or use full screen which is unwieldy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When adding a correction which involves a superscript number or letter, when I "post" the correction the superscript is changed to a subscript.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (21.001.20149) with windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a company uses MIP to protect a PDF file and sends that file to an external consumer's (a user at an @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc) email address, that user experiences an error when attempting to open the protected document as the Adobe MIP Plugin tries to log the user into the Adobe Inc Azure Active Directory and fails.

While the user can then dismiss the error message and still consume the content, this should be transparent and align with the experience of opening an MIP-protected Office document in the same scenario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I recently ran into a situation, quite similar to those described here ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/digital-signature/td-p/9192902?page=1 ).

I was trying to sing a document using Acrobat Reader DC 2020.012.20048, but somehow Acrobat was not giving me an option to use the certificate I was going to use. Everything looks fine, no errors, but it still just suggests me to create a new digital ID.

Similar to this ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/digital-signature/m-p/9192908#M28305 ), I see a green checkmark for "sign documents or data" (see 1st attached screenshot),

but it still doesn't work. This is quite misleading and non user-friendly. Everything should work OK, if there…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 21.001.20145 on my iMac with Big Sur version 11.2.3 and an HP M277C6 Laser printer. I am unable to print documents. The printer says printing document and the printer pop up window says printing document, but it never completes and never actually prints anything. I am able to successfully print the same document using the PDF Expert app. All other programs print just fine, it's only your program that can't print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. large file with 2D graphics with areas of transparency is displayed with long delays compared to competing for software. I have Intel UHD 630 graphics and NVidia MX150 which is great for games with full HD resolution. There are also no problems with UHD. On the other hand, displaying in Adobe a 2D file when scrolling, zooming in or out has delays of up to a second!
    No options in the graphics acceleration panel. Was not found.
    This software uses only one GPU not even in full. Furthermore, 3D graphics work excellent but not 2D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We are using Adobe Reader 21.001.20145 (32 bit) Optional update, Mar 10, 2021 and Office 2013 Version 15.0.5275.1000 (32 bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 with all updates installed (March 2021)

The error occurs after sending an email (successfully) using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 21.001.20145. If you then close Acrobat Reader, the program crashes with the error 32BitMAPIBroker.exe (see screenshot attached).

The problem does not occur with an older version, fe. 2020.006.20034 of Acrobat Reader .

The same problem existed before, here is the reference to it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/sending-mapi-mail-via-send-button-still-works-but-when-closing-the-reader-it-will-crash/td-p/11370238

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I created a form using Adobe Acrobat 9. I added a java script in the background to alert the user of any fields that were not filled out, including multiple signature lines. I tested the form frequently, using Acrobat 9, pro and reader DC, and it worked perfectly. Now I am getting reports from the users(using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC), that they are getting an error message stating that the signature lines need to be populated when the lines have the signatures inserted already.

All users using the latest version of Adobe Reader DC, this issue occurred after the latest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. having auto save without having to use a cloud cause I almost always use the reader offline to not get distracted and because we have a really slow internet in our area that would take so long to save and open a pdf file it would be great .
    Thanks .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you select and open a list of pdfs, the tabs are currently opened in a seemingly random order. It would be very helpful if they opened in list order. I either have to open each file one at a time, or spend ages re-ordering tabs. It's frustrating, and impacts my work every day (because I need to open many pdfs at once, in order).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the option not change the paper size anymore on documents where it's ok before the update

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Similar to Explorer, allow dragging an area as a selection box for comment elements. Selecting multiple elements is only possible by holding CTRL and left clicking, which can get time consuming if you have a bigger number of comments on your documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's incredibly frustrating that a) the Adobe Document Cloud is so slow, and b) one cannot drag and drop files to folders. Organizing my PDFs has literally taken the whole day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat Reader allows to highlight text and then enter comments to the highlighted text into the separate panel on the right of the text. I use this feature a lot, when reviewing papers. It would be very handy for me if the comments in the right panel were somehow marked with the same colour as the highlighting in the text. Such feature would allow me easily navigate between the comments later, when making a summary: e.g. first selecting green comments, then red comments etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i'd like to perform a text/content search in adobe reader dc which considers all pdf documents which are open in adobe readerdc at this time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am studying a pdf and when I have arrived at almost 2000 comments adobe started not working well. For example after having underlined a word Adobe block for a few seconds and then restarts. I trid checking for uploads and restoring the version but nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are using Adobe 2020.013.20066 and all our team experience the same bug. When entering a text block using Fill & Sign; the entered text not only appears on the page where it was originally entered but it then 'appears' on random page throughout the document.

Attached example shows screenshots from a document pasted into a word file.

More examples on the Adobe's forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/bug-in-adobe-reader-when-entering-text-field/m-p/11647598?page=1#M73751

This bug surely needs to be fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lets you open a set of PDF's with one click of a button.
    You can add PDF's to this 'topic' or 'bookmark folder' allowing you to open every PDF you had been using for a certain task.

E.G: Add all lecture notes from a subject to a topic. Open all of them with one click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow/enable Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to add the "Open...[file]" command to the Quick Tools toolbar.

I am using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as of today 12/1/2020: 2020.013.20064.12623.
    When you are constantly opening files, it becomes very tedious to constantly be required to click on the File menu and then select Open... to open files. An Open... command icon is a standard quick command on most other software I have seen. I am surprised and disappointed that no one thought of this or made this a standard command icon on this toolbar. In fact, there are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add two-page view in fullscreen and reading mode

2 votes

We're glad you're here