Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. When using fill and sign in big PDF files the save feature almost doesn't work. The only way to save without freezing Acrobat is to exit fill and sign and then save.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Do you encounter this issue with every PDF file or only certain type of large sized file.

Can you try editing the file and then save it and check if it freezes. Also it will be great if you can share a sample file with us.

Regards,
    Sandeep

2. Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1909
    Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, version 2020.012.20041
    Two screens with different scales: 125% (3840x2160) and 100% (1920x1080)

When I have the comment pane open and move Acrobat between screens with different resolutions, the comment pane becomes is cut short. This behaviour appears to be strictly related to multi-screen environments where the screens have different scales. When I set both screens to the same scale (125%) the problem disappeared.

Workaround: after moving Acrobat from one screen to another, I select another tool on the task pane (like Export PDF) and then I select Comment on the task…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. when you put a checkmark on a page, then save it, and come back, the check mark MOVES to another part of the page. this is frustrating, why does this happen? I need to be able to tic/tac numerous points of data, and a MOVING checkmark does not help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. It will be great if you can share a sample PDF with which you are facing this issue.

We tried at our end and could not reproduce the issue.

Regards,
    Sandeep

4. When a valid date is entered using a format different from the format specified by the form date field, Acrobat automatically converts this to the specified format on-screen. However the saved data remains in the originally-entered (incorrect) format.

Example: Field Name: "DateOfBirth" Format: mm/dd/yyyy

Entered: "12 Aug 2002" Form displays: "08/12/2002" following entry

It APPEARS the date was converted to the specified format.

Export Data saves this as: ... <</T(DateOfBirth)/V(12 Aug 2002)>> ...

This indicates the original entry was saved, not the converted date.

This SHOULD be saved as: ... <</T(DateOfBirth)/V(03/12/2002)>> ...

When returning to the DateOfBirth field the display…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have installed the program Adobe Acrobat Pro DC twice due to the fill & sign tool does not have worked. When I try to fill a doc, the tools do not appear, only the sign tool.

I'll look forward to your help.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

For certain forms which have fillable fields, only the signature option is shown inside Fill and Sign. When you enter the Fill and Sign app you can see a floating message indicating that the author has specified the fields which you can fill.

For other PDFs you will be able to see all the tools.

Regards,
    Sandeep

6. Currently, PDFMaker tags table headers as <TH> when "Header Row" and/or "First Column" are checked in Word. However, it does not change the default scope, column span, or row span of the headers based on these values.

Description of desired feature:
    * For each table header tag added by "Header Row", set the Scope attribute to "Column".
    * For each table header tag added by "First Column", set the Scope attribute to "Row".
    * If both "Header Row" and "First Column" are checked, and the data cell in the first row and column is not empty, set the Scope attribute…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fill the textbox with my pen and it convert to text would be great as i fill forms on my tablet while on the move

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I will share your feedback with the engineering team and let you in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

8. each time it locks and yet my settings say it's all editable. very frustratin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I will share your feedback with the engineering team and let you in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. When saving a new PDF to Adobe document Cloud, it would be significantly more efficient to implement a drop down option below the "Save file to Adobe Document Cloud" icon at the time of saving to select folder save location within the document cloud instead of it saving to a consistent location every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We will share this with the management and let you know in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

10. When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

11. When opening a PDF in Internet Explorer with the Reader plugin I can no longer open the print dialogue.

The error has started after the latest windows update ( 2020 May update, release 2004)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Requesting you to please update to the latest version of Acrobat by going to Help > Check for updates.

Please let us know if the issue persists on the latest version as well.

Regards,
    Sandeep

12. Hi Adobe,

Since fill&sign is easily available in Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat, hence could you incorporate fill&sign feature in G-suite Google Drive Adobe Acrobat DC too? Thanks.

Google Drive integration with Acrobat DC Plugin: request to incorporate fill&sign feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,
    Sandeep

13. The Acrobat Plugin for Microsoft Outlook on Windows, which enables Users to create an Adobe PDF Portfolio from any Mailbox or Folder while preserving the "From", "Subject" and "Date" fields while also embedding all attachments, is an INCREDIBLY powerful feature that is crucial to many of our business practices. Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is only available on the Windows version of Microsoft Outlook, thus forcing me to run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine explicitly to perform this task. If the Adobe team could implement this feature on macOS versions of Microsoft Outlook, I would be incredibly grateful as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be very helpful if in the "Merge to Adobe PDF" function/plugin under Mailings in Microsoft Word to be able to specify a filename from the fields of my dataset. In other words, I would like to be able to have a column in my dataset that the plugin uses for naming files. It's horrible having to rename a hundred documents if you want to distribute PDFs.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For ComparePDF, I hope there will be a way to make this side by side view switch to vertical. So I could be looking at comparisons this way (combined two screenshots below):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/124625i649C9FB593B67D14/image-size/large?v=1.0&amp;px=999

I'm looking at financials with small font, so each line of text is fairly long.

In Side-By-Side view, zooming out makes the text too small; zooming in makes half of each line out of view.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/compare-pdf-side-by-side-view-vertical/m-p/11312651?page=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While using Fill and Sign the text is showing up white. I can't figure out how to change it back to black.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please use the color picker and set it to black. This will ensure that the text font is in black color.

Let me know in case of any issues.

Regards,
    Sandeep

17. I currently have to edit the appearance of every field (except the Signature) to change the default font from Auto to 10pt. Most of my forms require 12 input fields for multiple signatures and this is time consuming and tedious. Please add a feature for users to set program default preferences for the appearance of fields that are added to a Fill & Sign document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your valuable feedback. We will share it with the Product management team and let you know once we have some updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

18. When I open a new document the fill and sign works; it shows the blank spot as a blue box and I can click it to type words into it. However, then I go to organize pages to add a page, and click on fill and sign when I am done, and I am no longer able to click the fillable blanks. Thank you for your help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. If possible could you please share a sample PDF file with us and also what operations are you performing in the organize pages app.

Regards,
    Sandeep

19. Would love to see a way to send a form that requires signatures in a portfolio that also contains contracts that are already signed/locked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share it with the engineering team and get back to you in case we have some updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. It's simpler if Adobe can add a button/function directly in Document Cloud for users to check remaining storage spaces(& better if also can check used up storage spaces). Can you refer my feedback to your senior or the product development team of Document Cloud?Adding this feature will make it more user-friendly than everytim pasting a link to check the info.

Other similar Cloud-storage websites (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive) at least has a bar or the like to show how many spaces are left & used up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We will share this with the management and let you know in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

• Don't see your idea?