Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arabic script with Fill & Sign

This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language…

43 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • more than 2 signature / initial options for fill & sign tool

Only 2 signature / initial images can be stored currently. Every time I want another signature I have to swap out an existing image for one from my files. It would be hugely beneficial to be able to maintain a much larger selection of stored signatures / initials for completing documents for multiple members of the household.

38 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Font Color should be available for change in the FIll and Sign

In our Industry all fill and sign portions of a form are required to be completed in Blue, therefore, the fill and sign portion should have the availability to change font colors.

28 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 19 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow for multiple signatures

I work with contracts that require at least 2 signatures. The current version of Acrobat does not allow a second person to sign after the first one does, no matter how much I verify the signature. I can't even add a digital signature when the other person has digitally signed the document. This worked fine in previous versions of Acrobat- why was this changed?

19 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please add functionality of changing checkmark color in Fill & Sign.

Fill & Sign checkmark colour. Please add functionality to change checkmark color. I review documents for compliance and like the checkmark feature, but it would be more useful if I could change the colour. I tried changing it through properties like I do for the highlight function, but it doesn't work.

13 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing your feedback. We have shared your feedback to our engineering team and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
                Sandeep Grover

• BUG: acrobat DC: Prodram crashing (no reasons/reports provided)

Steps to reproduce the issue: start DC, create new file, blank page, activate fill&sign, make 1st add-box. write 2 letters (any letter) > program disappears (crach)... reopening and same steps, same result etc.
                Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.): MS Surface Pro 4, WIN 10 pro version 1803 / 17134.345 (updated) , acrobat DC version 19.008.200080 (latest)
                Expected result: next letter possible :-)
                Observed result: Crashing program (repeatable). started only today(2018-10-24). no crash report generated nor any other info.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. We tried the steps but were unable to reproduce the issue in-house. Can you please provide us the following details :

1. Since you mentioned that the application crashes, can you please share the crash logs with us? Once you see the crash dialog, go to Task Manager, right click on Acrobat process and click on create dump file.

2. It will be great if you can share a video of the issue.

Regards,
                  Sandeep Grover

• My signature has disappeared - I can no longer attach my handwritten signature

How can I reload my scanned signature - I do not want a digital signature

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Signature Function Timing Out

After the update to the latest version, the Fill & Sign function keeps timing out. Please help.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • changes are not saved

after al long work with the fill&sign tool, didn't succeed to save the changes. I've received the message: "the operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error"
                        can't save any changes

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Fill & Sign Crashing since update

Fill and Sign Feature keeps causing the program to crash and lose all changes I've made - this only started happening after the update. Please fix!

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Can you please provide us the following details :

1. Version of your Acrobat.
                            2. Version of your OS.
                            3. Does this happen with all PDF files? If possible can you please share a sample file with which the crash can be reproduced.
                            4. Kindly share the crash dump.

Regards,
                            Sandeep Grover

• Unable to sign documents

Until recently, I was able to click "fill & sign" and the document would immediately adjust to the proper screen. I was able to apply my saved signature, fill in appropriate forms and send with ease. Now, when I click "fill and sign" it takes me immediately to the attached screen. There is no (obvious) way to sign my document. I have had to open up my docs in "fill and sign" on my phone and send that way (which still works but is very inconvenient).

Help!

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you please provide the following details :

1. Version of your Acrobat.
                              2. You can also try latest to the updating to the latest version. Go to Help > Check for updates.
                              3. Does this happens with every PDF file? If possible can you please share a sample file.

Regards,
                              Sandeep Grover

• Updates of Acrobat Pro DC make me slower on documents

Too many steps to complete a form, whereas before it was quicker

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Updated a few weeks ago, now fill & sign crashes randomly and loses all changes

We updated a few weeks ago, all was fine until now - I am trying to apply e-signatures or type, a white box randomly appears and then the app crashes completely and loses all my work. Please help. It happens on most documents but not all

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• When I use the fill & sign feature with latest version

The older version seemed faster when I used fill & sign. Also, when I place the cursor in the field you want to fill, I used to be able to use my up and down arrows to adjust it to the field better. It seems slow and sluggish now.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fill & Sign Missing Fill

The ability to add a date to my signature with Fill & Sign is a serious limitation (the document has active fields.) Blocking the "fill" may be "as designed", but the design is flawed because it prevents important functionality.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We are looking into the issue and will keep you posted in case of any updates.

Regards,
                                      Sandeep Grover

• app closes when trying to add text.

When using the fill & sign option the app freezes then closes. I use Windows 10 and the latest Acrobat DC update.
                                      It's been doing this since yesterday.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. In order to reproduce the issue in-house could you please provide the following details :

1. Version of your Acrobat DC.
                                        2. Does the crash happen on all PDF files or with specific PDF files. If possible can you please share a sample file with us.
                                        3. Can you share the crash dump with us. When the application freezes, go to to Task Manager, right click on Acrobat.exe and select “Create dump”.

Regards,
                                        Sandeep Grover

• 1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • OMG, what a nightmare.

I have been working with Acrobat for as long as it has existed, and this version is a nightmare. I have spent hours trying to sign a contract while my customer waits for a response. The sign icon at the top is greyed out. I am unable to edit, add text fields, add signature image. I may have to resort to printing the entire contract and rescanning it as I also cannot insert a page into this locked document. We do not need more features, we just need the ones we have to work.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Can you please check if the form you are trying to fill has already been digitally signed? You won;t be able to add signatures from the Fill and Sign application to a digitally signed form.

Regards,
                                            Sandeep

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base