Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Does this need explaining? we pay for ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR to create our PDFs then we have to by-pass CREATIVE CLOUD storage and save them in Dropbox in order for DC/Adobe reader to see them and print them. Seems like a very "Microsoft" way to do things. Very stupid. Add CC as a cloud location.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. OCR in 2 languages. I index everything. Currently I have to hold two copies of files containing (for example) Chinese and English. A related issue is papers with special symbols. Lots of technical papers in English use Greek-letter symbols. Acrobat does an amazingly good job at reading Classical Chinese characters (slow, but worth the wait). If it can handle that, it ought to be able to handle multiple alphabets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Here is a posting I recently made to the Acrobat "Editing and Exporting PDFs" forum:

try67 wrote: "Yes, Acrobat Pro DC can scale all the pages of the file in a single command."

As it turns out, Acrobat Pro XI is supposed to be able to do this, but as I stated offline to try76, "... I experimented with increasing the white space around pages (to 8.5 x 11.0) in XI. The single-column test page I sent you is from a 9-page, mostly three-column document, and when I use the Cropping Tool while attempting to do this, there is one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

4. When adding a PDF Portfolio to a file list (Combine Files) I get the following informational dialog box,

"File [File name] is a PDF Portfolio that contains multiple files. The files with the PDF Portfolio have been added to the file list." It requires that you click OK, before the files will be added and you can continue.

I wish to disable this dialog box as I am archiving thousands of files a day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have the ability to customize the Cloud Admin Console. It would good to add our PO number and state where the licenses are deployed. Date of purchase. This use to be provided in the regular install Adobe Acrobat Pro.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When sending a document to someone using the eSign digital signature feature, they have the options "Type" "Draw" or "Image". I request that we as the sender have the ability to remove the "Type" option. A typed signature on the resultant signed pdf file is not suitable for legally binding documents. I want to the ability to restrict the recipient to the "Draw" and "Image" options so that a real signature is captured on the document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Team,

I have created several thousand Acrobat DC PDFs that contain multiple embedded videos. All of those thousands of PDFs worked pretty much perfectly. Now, due to discontinuation of Flash, none work. I cannot create those PDFs with embedded video. What a nightmare. Please, if you can create a new version of Acrobat DC that restores the capability to embed video, I'll be happy to send flowers! Or money, how about money!? Everything else works fine with Acrobat DC... get the capability back! Thanks, Scott

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Acrobat Plugin for Microsoft Outlook on Windows, which enables Users to create an Adobe PDF Portfolio from any Mailbox or Folder while preserving the "From", "Subject" and "Date" fields while also embedding all attachments, is an INCREDIBLY powerful feature that is crucial to many of our business practices. Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is only available on the Windows version of Microsoft Outlook, thus forcing me to run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine explicitly to perform this task. If the Adobe team could implement this feature on macOS versions of Microsoft Outlook, I would be incredibly grateful as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I currently have to edit the appearance of every field (except the Signature) to change the default font from Auto to 10pt. Most of my forms require 12 input fields for multiple signatures and this is time consuming and tedious. Please add a feature for users to set program default preferences for the appearance of fields that are added to a Fill & Sign document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your valuable feedback. We will share it with the Product management team and let you know once we have some updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. I have created a PDF that has a circle in the middle for ideas. The user is to fill in their ideas and input text in the center of this circle. However, there is no circle text box option available in Acrobat. I have to lay a square text box over the circle which looks unattractive and odd. I'd love to be able to type text inside of a circle in Acrobat for more creative design of PDFs. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share it with the product management team and let you know once we have some updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

12. better browser needed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When adding a SharePoint library as a storage account it would be beneficial to to be able to define which view to use (using the view URL) or be prompted to select a view.

In some cases, libraries do exceed over 5000 items and files within the library can no longer be viewed in the storage account menu within Adobe.

On the SharePoint side, large libraries that heavily leverage metadata have indexes configured in order to surpass this 5000 item limit per view. It appears that the storage account setup is query for all items, rather than linking to a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please provide us the following details :

1. Version of your Acrobat. Go to Help → Check for Updates.
    2. Does the crash happens with every file or a specific PDF. If possible can you share the PDF file at sagrover@adobe.com.
    3. Are you on Win or MAC? Also can you tell us your OS version.

Regards,
    Sandeep

15. When I go to Save As PDF, I would like to be able to add my own frequently-used folders, even if they were not used recently. Maybe add them on the left side of the window? I save 99% of my PDF's to sub-folders in one of two master folders, so adding shortcuts to the two master folders on the Save As screen would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We are an enterprise customer with over 1,000 Adobe users.
    I would like our users to be able to create animated presentations using InDesign rather than PowerPoint and export the content as an interactive PDF. Currently this can't be done, you can output the animation using Publish Online, which outputs a URL, which isn't secure or in a format we would want, not everyone wants to view presentations on the web, most of our presentations our confidential!

I can't express enough how useful it would be to be able to export the animation to interactive PDF. We could move the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feature request. This would be more applicable for InDesign team so would request you to log it under InDesign forum.
    However, we have also added it in our backlog which will be prioritized based on other items.

Thanks
    Tanvi

17. I was previously able to sign documents using a saved image via the fill and sign feature. I have now installed DC and when i open the fill and sign feature, I am able to add text to a PDF document but when i click the 'Sign' button, my saved signature images do not load. The box which is supposed to contain the signature images shows up but there is no content in it.

This is happening with multiple docs. I was able to use this feature without any trouble until a few days back.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you please provide us some more details :

1. Please make sure you are on the latest version of Acrobat. To check go to Help > Check for Updates.
    2. Are you observing a blank Sign drop down in Fill and Sign app?
    3. Are you able to use the Adobe Sign application?
    4. Can you please try signing out and then signing in to Acrobat?
    5. Are you under some network/firewall restrictions? If yes, can you please disable them and try again.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

18. I set up my Acrobat DC to use my Google Contacts as default contacts when sharing PDF's. I have around 1,000 Google Contacts.

Each time I press the contacts search button to select contacts with whom to share a PDF, Acrobat loads and parses all the contacts. It is slow.

Instead, load the contacts once. Allow some method (a button?) for re-loading if the user (me) thinks the data needs to be refreshed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For ease of license management, it would be good to be able to insert our Acrobat license serial numbers in the management console...
    Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a bug. When using the acrobat extension in macOS microsoft Word to convert the doc to a PDF it removes internal links. It works fine for external links such as websites, but if I put a link in place that quickly takes you to another place in the document when clicked, this is removed when converting to a PDF. The text still appears blue but the link is not existent.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?