Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1466 results found

1. The collapsed Right Tool Pane violates usability principles. To quickly scroll a page, users can no longer just drag the mouse cursor all the way Right, to click on the Right scroll bar. This would probably take only 1 sec. With the annoying Right Tool Pane collapsed, nesting right beside the Right scroll bar, users must now carefully drag the mouse cursor, take aim so-as-to not click on the Right collapsed pane, then can he/ she click on the right scroll bar. This is really slow and inefficient.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Conditions: Windows 10. My internet was flaky, I think because my Ethernet wired interface has a hardware problem. For instance, Chrome was very slow or would not load a website at all. Edge would load sites usually when in this condition. I do not know how, but it did.

When in this hobbled operational mode, if I clicked a PDF file in explorer, or an attachment in my email reader, Acroread would simply not start up at all. I'm sure the executable began momentarily because I could see a little spinner appear momentarily, but nothing appears on screen. No splash…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Scrolling or viewing pages should also have an option of viewing with a flipping animation. Many pdfs are huge files to read and an animation effect like this would make the reading experience more natural and smooth.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the influx of remote learning, students are being sent work in PDFs. Opening them through Google Classroom in an internet browser offers no way to easily edit the content and fill in answers. As this will be a way of learning for the immediate future, something needs to be rolled out to allow this to be done for free for students. Currently I have to download and then open with adobe, but it’s a lot of extra steps when it could be so much simpler.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you have multiple pdf open in tabs, one button to save them all into a single folder

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi. I would like to see in future versions two new improvments:
    1) set the "read mode" as de default viewing when opening every PDF file, instead of having to press "Ctrl+H" each time (just add an option in Preferences);
    2) create a new form of navigation throughout the file, a full screen thumbnail view, with page thumbnails side by side similar to what Adobe made with "Adobe Reader Touch" (too bad you discontinued that app) with a button shortcut to access it;

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Close all files" option to Files menu, with keyboard shortcut; add "Close all tabs" option to tabs' right-click context menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Once signed in to adobe creative cloud and viewing notifications through clicking on the bell symbol - you are only able to dismiss certain notifications. For example you are unable to dismiss or delete notifications regarding the deactivation of fonts from font pack resulting in a long backlog of notifications you can't get rid of.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi, I have a question about Acrobat Reader, wenn I have an open pdf-file and want to remove it form the folder on my computer, I get the message that removing is not possible because the file is opened. Would it be possible to add an option "Close and remove". This happens to me a lot during my working day and this solution would be very convenient for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please for goodness' sake give users the option to completely remove the left and right sidebars instead of merely collapsing them. For users using Reader, the vast majority of the time all they will want to do is only read a PDF, and many will want as much screen space as possible to do so.

For the average Reader user, in the left toolbar the only thing they may want is thumbnail or chapter view. This could be on the top toolbar, with the other options available on a drop down menu from that button if you really must keep…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reporting a new bug:

Steps to reproduce the issue:

-> Open the document / form
    -> Use the "Fill & Sign" tool
    -> Enter any text using Polish diacritics, e.g. Ą, ą, Ć, ć, Ś, ś, Ż, ż, Ź, ź etc.

Environment:

-> OS: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.719)
    -> Adobe Acrobar Reader DC Version: Polish (20.006.20034)

Expected result:

-> Forms should have a continuous homogeneous formatting. Unfortunately, even different fonts appear in one and the same field. Surprisingly, this problem does not concern German diacritics.

Observed result:

-> When filling out the forms, we should ensure that the text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG:Cannot change preference allow multimedia operations

1.Open Adobe Reader DC(Version 2020.006.20034)
    2.Open Preference
    3.Select Multimedia Trust(legacy)
    4.Uncheck Allow multimedia operations
    5.Close Preference(OK Clicked)
    6.Close Adobe Reader DC
    7.Open Adobe Reader DC
    8.Open Preference
    9.Select Multimedia Trust(legacy)
    10.Cannot change Allow multimedia operations

How can it be changed?
    (OS:Windows 10)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I find read-aloud a a very useful feature as it allows use of an additional sense of hearing for absorb the content of a document. I suggest following features
    1. Configuration to ignore figures, listing and side bars
    2. Support for other languages. As of now my version of Acrobat reader can not read Hindi (Indian language).

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Read Out Loud function really needs to be updated so that it works better for individuals with reading difficulties, such as dyslexia. If they want this aspect of adobe to work well and actually benefit many of those who need it, it should highlight words and phrases as it is reading so that is easier to follow when reading, and know where in the text the reader is.

This will make the product a lot more accessible to people with dyslexia, dyspraxia or the likes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow to reopen all previously opened tabs at once, to restore the session from when we closed Adobe Reader, in a way similar to web navigators for instance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Acrobat Reader DC changes the mouse pointer into its own scheme. Not talking about the specific tools, just the standard mouse when hovering over the Acrobat window.
    I don't have the best vision, so I have my Windows mouse pointer set to be very visible, or I will lose track of it on the screen. But when using Acrobat, I lose track of the pointer, because Acrobat INSISTS that I don't get to use my custom pointer, but rather use the virtually invisible Acrobat default.
    Why would Acrobat need to change the pointer? I get it for specific tools, like…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After opening Acrobat Reader DC (in a windowed mode, not in tabbed), it, for some mysterious reason, switches off the Windows 10 Explorer setting for windows to cast shadows. It results in focused folder windows becoming visually borderless, making it very difficult to work with them.
    The problem was described here for Acrobat DC:
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/38822896-bug-shadows-disappear-on-windows-10-explorer-wind
    but it fully (and even more irritably) applies to Acrobat Reader DC, too.

It seems that for some reason, Acrobat Reader changes (switches off) each time the inherent Windows setting which can be found in System > Visual Effects tab > Show shadows under windows…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When faxing a 2 page pdf.
    When "Print" > select printer "sharp mx-m266n fax", it shows correct at abode preview. But at the preview of the fax driver, both page shows the content of page 1. And the receiver of the fax receives 2 copies of page1.

Tested normal on Chrome and PDF Architect 7. However, also failed on some other PDF readers.

Please advise.

Windows10, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?