Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1453 results found

1. In some documents, there is by coincidence background colors that are very close to the color that Acrobat uses to enhance the visibility of searched-for text.

In Acrobat preferences there is no way of changing this background color. For me, searched-for-and-found would be shaded a bright yellow. The default value is nice on a white background, but no use on documents that happen to have a similar (slate blue) color background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This appears to be an ongoing issue for the past several years and I am still experiencing what so many others have found. There is a problem printing a LARGE (100+) PDF with mixed legal and letter sized pages using Adobe Reader on a Mac with a Brother laser printer.

I think that Adobe support has not been able to recreate the issue because their test file has only two pages. If they create a 100+ page test file with mixed letter and legal and they should be able to replicate the issue.

Here is what I have:

I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The request is to allow for selective sync on libraries because the creative cloud is taking up too much space and storage on my computer and a lot of my libraries do not need direct access at this time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The subject line says it all. Just another thing to close. Not the end of the world. Just an ongoing annoyance. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In mobile Reader App, I can change the display to Night Mode (inverted color, white text on dark BG). Can I do the same in desktop Acrobat DC?
    Please make it so.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to disable "Share" and "Sign in" buttons.

"Share" is an obvious distraction when trying to read PDFs, since it's a bright blue call-to-action.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AR is unable to open files where the file and folder path exceeds 255 characters. To accommodate this we have had to replace it with a competitor's software.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need a translator inside, if i am reading a document in another language, i would like to translate the word just with clicking in

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Because I have to work many times on a multitude of opened pdf files that I need to keep open for days in a row, I think a feature to restore previous session of opened documents (just like Firefox or Google Chrome) would be really helpful!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for you conerns.

We already have it implemented in Reader.
    Do “File” → “Reopen PDFs from last session.” And that should restore all the pdfs that were present in you last session at the time of Quiting the application.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

10. Please add a feature to more quickly change the color of highlights and underlines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a legal copy of Acrobat Pro X (Creative Suite) that I love (I use it over Creative Cloud supplied by my employer). PROBLEM: I cannot have Reader DC (needed for shared forms sent to me occasionally) installed at the same time as it always acts as default app even though the Windows 10 default app still lists Acrobat Pro. This is as infuriating as when Edge automatically changes this every time there is a Windows update. I already own Finereader 15 that does everything Acrobat does and more and does not require a monthly subscription. You lost a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reporting a new bug:

Steps to reproduce the issue:

-> Open the document / form
    -> Use the "Fill & Sign" tool
    -> Enter any text using Polish diacritics, e.g. Ą, ą, Ć, ć, Ś, ś, Ż, ż, Ź, ź etc.

Environment:

-> OS: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.719)
    -> Adobe Acrobar Reader DC Version: Polish (20.006.20034)

Expected result:

-> Forms should have a continuous homogeneous formatting. Unfortunately, even different fonts appear in one and the same field. Surprisingly, this problem does not concern German diacritics.

Observed result:

-> When filling out the forms, we should ensure that the text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Read Out Loud function really needs to be updated so that it works better for individuals with reading difficulties, such as dyslexia. If they want this aspect of adobe to work well and actually benefit many of those who need it, it should highlight words and phrases as it is reading so that is easier to follow when reading, and know where in the text the reader is.

This will make the product a lot more accessible to people with dyslexia, dyspraxia or the likes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: AdobeARM v1.824.460.1067 (from Adobe Acrobat Reader MUI v24.001.20629) getting stuck in memory after error "NtReadVirtualMemory unicodepath failed, error: -2147483635". Can download files (AcroRdrDCUpd2400120643MUIincr.msp and ReaderDCManifest3.msi on 04/01) and (AcroRdrDCUpd2400220687MUI.msp and ReaderDCManifest3.msi yesterday, so on 04/12) but is unable to continue installing updates because mostly looping on error "NtReadVirtualMemory unicodepath failed, error: -2147483635" and also sporadically also meet error "NtReadVirtualMemory readpeb failed, error: -1073741790".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While testing a PDF document with Optional Content Groups (aka "layers"), I noticed that sometimes changing the visibility of an OCG causes the colours of other items to change.

The PDF specification explicitly states "Hiding a section of optional content shall not change the colour of objects that do not belong to the same optional content group.", so I believe this is a bug in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I am attaching the PDF file and a recording of the issue. Unfortunately the issue does not happen 100% of the time - I am not sure what triggers it, but resizing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As of Adobe Reader 24.x, the setting "bAcroSuppressUpsell" no longer suppresses the upsell button. It now suppresses all items in the tools pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To install TurboTax and sign in, begin by downloading the software from the official website or app store. Once downloaded, follow the prompts to install it on your device. After installation, launch the program and select the option to sign in. Enter your TurboTax username and password, or create a new account if you're a first-time user. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign-in process, providing any necessary personal or financial information. Ensure you're connected to the internet for account verification. Once signed in, you can begin using TurboTax to prepare and file your taxes efficiently.

Visit: https://www.gotaxation.com/installturbotax-com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. al recortar una pagina de un archivo pdf o imagen este simpre ocupara una pagina completa por mas pequeña que sea, hay aplicaiones gratis que recortan la imagen y la encjan automaticamente en una pagina cosa que adobe acrobat no peude hacer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You need a command/keystroke to move to the same page position but 1.0 pages up/down. So if I'm zoomed in to a region on page 33, let me see the same region of page 34. Not one screen down, not to the top of the next page, not anything else. Don't move me; just change the page. (I believe this is the same in Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove all the junk features. Developers and product designers think they are doing good by constantly adding more junk. This is just a PDF reader. Once you make it so, then it's good enough, and you never need anything more. Now it's just bloatware, and doesn't even work. When I go to search for something, the box just sits for 5 minutes. Launch Reader, I get a bunch of garbage panes. Adobe - go look at Mac Preview for how a 'reader' should be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?