Duplicate form page without linking fields
For people using Adobe Acrobat PDF forms for schedules, breakdowns or quick lists, having a form's fields link when pages are duplicated poses a huge issue for usability. Having an option within the program to unlink form fields across pages would be a great help for these uses.
For example:
I have a single page form with 20+ fields to help organize shot lists for film scenes. It contains check boxes, drop down menus and input image fields related to a specific shot in a specific scene. I want to be able to duplicate this page within the document and fill it out for each shot in a scene.
Currently when I duplicate the page all the information in it is duplicated onto the next page and any changes I make happen on both pages. Having a 'unlink' button that renames the fields and allows each page to be its own separate form would make this program usable for this type of work. The program already adds a #0 / #1 / #2 etc. to the end of the field names when the page duplicates. I suggest adding a dialogue box that pops up when duplicating that says "this page contains a form, would you like to keep fields connected or unlink them" and if the user clicks 'unlink' it renames them just by adding a number to the end rather than a # number,
-
Donald Strube
commented
I have come across exactly the same problem when working with larger PDF forms and many practical use cases.
For this reason, I developed a working application called PDFMultiSeiten as a private individual.
The application automatically makes duplicated form pages independent by renaming the form fields accordingly. This means that the same form page can be duplicated several times and each page can then be filled in separately without the entries being transferred to the other pages.
The application is already working in practice and can save a considerable amount of manual work, especially when forms contain many fields and several pages are required.
I am not offering this on behalf of a company. The solution was developed from practical experience and because I could not find a simple way to solve this problem directly in Acrobat.
If this is of interest to the Adobe Acrobat team, I would be happy to demonstrate PDFMultiSeiten and explain the practical use cases behind it.
-
Tammie Kennedy commented
YES!!!!!!
-
Jf Paquette commented
YES!