Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. I downloaded bank statements from my bank. I would like to redact account numbers from the bank statements, but they have a security setting limiting me from "editing" the document. The security setting allows me to do many things, but I cannot redact the document. Is that because it is considered "Editing"?

Please add an option on the security setting allowing people to redact secured documents? or remove redactions from being classified as "Editing" in the security setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have noted a bug with Acrobat Cloud version as the document timstamp no longer seems to be handle or recognized properly. Please see the word document with the captures of the output in the desktop version (windows) versus cloud version (Chrome). I'm also attaching the doc with the document.

The outcome should be same in cloud as in desktop.

If there is a problem with the document timestamp format, we would like to know what is wrong has this was supported before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have multiple password protected PDFs assembled in a PDF Portfolio. Every time I try to open them, it crashes on the second or third document. This used to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When placing my own digital certificate (with visible signature), there are three options:

1) editing not possible;
    2) edit the form and add further certificates;
    3) add notes, edit the form and add more certificates.

Unfortunately, the option 2) and 3) do not work properly, so when sending the PDF file that contains my digital signature and asking others to sign this document with their own certificates, the users are not able to proceed.

As I do need only one PDF file with all digital certificates within that file, is there any suggestion how to allow Acrobat Pro to run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On the new Acrobat, there is no longer a way to quickly see if a doc is secure, at a glance. This needs to be more prominent, as PDF security is of utmost importance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I noticed that, after setting security features on a PDF (such as setting password to block copying and printing) and then uploading to Google Drive, there's a way that others can remove the features. I uploaded a secured PDF document to Google Drive. I can choose to print the document from Google Drive, and all the security features set previously are going. Hope Adobe can look into this issue soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is it possible to simultaneously PASSWORD PROTECT MULTIPLE PDF Files, from the same File Manager Directory - Without having to (repetitively) Password Proctect each of the PDF Files Individually?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This comprehensive antivirus setup help guide includes step-by-step instructions for selecting the best antivirus software, downloading and installing it, activating it, scanning it, updating virus definitions, firewall settings, network protection, browser extensions, quarantine removal, performance optimization, and troubleshooting. It underlines the significance of regular updates and maintenance in providing ongoing protection and keeping a safe digital environment.
    https://www.antivirussetuphelp.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Observed behaviour:
    The PDF generated by digitally signing in Adobe Acrobat is showing as LTV enabled in Adobe Reader/ Acrobat, even if the checkbox for "Include signature's revocation status" while signing is disabled in Preferences > Categories > Signatures > Creation and Appearance Preferences > When Signing.

Expected behaviour:
    if the checkbox for "Include signature's revocation status" while signing is disabled in Preferences > Categories > Signatures > Creation and Appearance Preferences > When Signing, then the signed PDF should not be LTV enabled.

This is a bug in Adobe Reader/ Acrobat. Please rectify.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A digital signature showing as "LTV enabled" in the signature panel of Adobe reader becomes "not LTV enabled" if in 'Signature Verification Preferences' dialog that opens (In Edit > Preferences, under categories, select Signatures.. From the Verification box in the Digital Signatures panel, select More...)

, we deselect the Require certificate revocation checking to succeed... checkbox.

However, the same signature again becomes LTV enabled if we select Require certificate revocation checking to succeed... checkbox.

It is a bug in Adobe Acrobat (latest version).
    Please rectify.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An alert message "billing problem" is shown on the main menu. When you click on it, a new window opens asking you to renew your credit card credentials, when mine is active until 2024. Fortunately, the script fails and when you cancel it an error 12000 message is shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I locked the document with Acrobat password and did not provide the document for printing or modification. The https://www.ilovepdf.com website provided the password cracking function to the public, which violated my document protection.

My colleague took the file I password-protected with Acrobat and went to Unlock PDF on the https://www.ilovepdf.com website, and got a file that was completely unprotected by password and can be edited at will. Moreover, this website provides Unlock PDF to any user without any charge. I am very angry. I paid for the password protection feature in Creative Cloud and the website https://www.ilovepdf.com was compromised.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open any PDF
    2. Encrypt the PDF with a password "12345 " and compatibility "Acrobat 7.0 and later" (128-bit AES)
    3. Save the PDF
    4. try to load it using MacOS preview or any other tool, and it will fail to open with the correct password.

Or, use an older version of Acrobat Pro (Say Acrobat 2020), encrypt with the password "12345 " and Acrobat 7.0 Compatibility, save it, and then try to load it with latest Acrobat Pro, and it will fail to open using the correct password

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. to be able to open and read M365 DKE labled files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Signing a PDF with certificate with 4096 key size does not work and results in an error when verifying the signature (ber decoding). Using certificate with 2048 key size works fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I can't apply a digital signature on my desktop. Adobe forces me to route it electronically and applies a signature that does not have my certificate details such as time date stamp and reason for signing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug Report - unable to add password protection to my pdf files. Everytime I add a password and hit apply, the file is automatically renamed to a random series of letters and numbers, and I get a message box that says "Unable to save this file; cannot save to this file name."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please help me understand why I am suddenly confronted with this JavaScripts message (see attached) when I try to open a pdf that I've been sent. I would like to know exactly how to make it stop
    thanks Sue Elliott subscriber

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have a PDF report that requires I click on a JavaScript button in (apparently) Acrobat Reader with Acrobat JavaScript enabled. In Acrobat Pro DC, I have that enabled, but the button does not work. And since I have Pro, I don't appear to be able to install the simple Reader.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I click on a secure pdf and it opens in Safari, filling in any form field and then downloading will remove all security settings and field formatting. Date fields become text fields, font size becomes too large, file name appears instead of document title. If no form fields are clicked or filled in and it is immediately downloaded all the security settings and formatting remains intact as expected. Completing a fillable pdf in a browser and then downloading should not retain any values entered, nor should it remove the security settings of the document. This bug renders Adobe security…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?