Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Precise placement of objects in Prepare Form and Edit Form

I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
    I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Expandable Text Field Forms

Adobe Acrobat Pro needs to have the ability to create expandable text field forms that allow the text box to expand when the user types similar to what you can do with Livecycle.

This is a feature that has been requested a lot online. Currently Acrobat Pro only allows multi-line text field forms with a scroll bar, but you cannot create an expanding text field form that increases in the height of the text field to accomodate more text.

The functionality to create this even in Livecycle is too clunky and complicated to use.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Bug Report] Clicking an option from a dropdown form field results in the wrong one being selected

For a long time now I have noticed a peculiar bug that only sometimes rears its head. By now I'm pretty sure it is a bug and not something I'm doing wrong, as I've had this same issue appear in multiple AcroForms that I have made, all with different content.

What happens is illustrated well with the screen recording I made, see the attached file.

How to reproduce:

• This is with an AcroForm drop-down field that has about 200 entries.
    • This drop-down field has the options "Allow user to enter custom text" and "Commit selected value immediately" selected.…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Default Font

Why can I not change the default font in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro from Minion to what I want? The "J" in Minion looks like an "I" and I have a "J" in my company name which is causing problems because it looks like an "I". I know this has been asked before but why is there no answer. Ugh!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Group/Lock text and corresponding form field together so they can be moved together

I create many forms and every time I create a text field and corresponding form field (whether text box, check box or radio button) I have to move them around separately. the text fields end up grouping together with other unrelated text fields and adjusts line spacing randomly which makes it double-triple work to move around and adjust when laying out the form. Text fields should be left individual with option to merge with other text fields if desired. It takes me way longer to create a form than necessary because i have to constantly readjust the line spacing and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tab order not working correctly

My tab order is correct under "prepare form" but when I preview it is incorrect. The issue occurs when I tag the document. I am unable to change the tab order. If I try to change the reading order by dragging items around other items will jump around and it creates a mess that's worse than what I started with. I have to choose between an untagged pdf that is a fillable form with correct tab order or a tagged pdf that is still technically a fillable form, but with a weird reading order and tab order. Please fix this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tab order property / sorted list with java script

There is currently no way to get the tab order of fields in a PDF file via JavaScript. While it is possible to set it by creating fields in the desired order, there is no way of getting the order of already available fields – only alphabetically. Giving the Field object a new property or reading out another sorted list would solve this.

Also, this link is currently on 404:
    https://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/JS_Dev_Overview.71.1.html (linked here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Emailing completed webforms - can't do it - why bother?

I created a nice form, loaded it to the web, tested it and when I clicked the "Submit" button - nada! Researched, tried other methods and when I finally called support, I was told that Acrobat DC can't/won't email completed pdf forms from the web! But maybe it would work if I could find someone who could code the javascript for me. So I found the javascript (I can do some coding) and this.maildoc() doesn't work.

Why bother with this? It was a huge waste of time. There are on-line pdf form companies that charge less and claim to offer…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. pdf forms exported as flat (non-editable) pdf files

I have designed forms that my staff complete & then we provide to external sources. I need these to export as a flat file & don't see how that could be accomplished other than export to MS Word & then to a pdf... kinda labor intensive!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Resize Button Properties window

It would be helpful to be able to resize the Button Properties window in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Currently the window barely has enough room to display the contents. Resizing would help allow for much quicker form preparation workflows, for example, making the window larger could help minimize the need to constantly use the scrollbars in the Actions tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit formatting for multiple form fields at once

Since there's a push to make publically available PDF's meet ADA accesibility standards, we've been creating the base form fields in inDesign and then doing finishing touches in Acrobat Pro. It's annoying enough that you can't set formatting in the base doc (ie if it should be a number, date, percentage etc). The fact that there's no way to format multiple fields at once is worse. If more than one field is selected, the "format" tab literally disappears from the properties menu.

I'd just copy the original fields to preserve their settings, but then I'd have to do a lot…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to justify text boxes and form fields to each other -aligned top/right/left/bottom

Currently there is no easy way to create a form from scratch with numerous lines and fields. It is easier to create it in Word and then export it, but then there are issues with editing and aligning field boxes to the text. Please make a feature to snap the text boxes to field boxes so they line up perfectly and quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. editing forms need live cycle????????

why do we pay for creative cloud and now can't edit a form to enter a simple date. when trying to edit a w9 form for instance, i am asked to use life cycle to do so and that requires an additional monthly subscriptions???????????????????? this is bad.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust leading on the appearance area for the multi-scroll fillable type.

I would like to be able to adjust the leading for multi-scroll fillable type. I often have to adjust my art in InDesign so that the type matches the lines on forms.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Arabic doesn't export well to .csv from the response collection window - bug

I created a form in Acrobat DC Pro, distributed and collected the form successfully. In the collection window, Any field filled up in Arabic shows up properly – see screenshot (Collected-results-with-Arabic.jpg).
    However when I export all results to .csv format so I can compare all results, any Arabic text will display as dots – see screenshot (arabic-in-excel.jpg)

I performed all above steps on Mac and Windows using Acrobat Pro DC 15.23.20056.213124 with similar results

Arabic text should be readable in the exported .csv file

Arabic text is converted to dots upon exporting all data from the form collection window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Center text in fillable form field both vertically and horizontally

If I create a fillable field in a form with mulit-lines, I can center the text horizontally in the field but not vertically. It would be great to add this as a feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - add a "subtraction" option in the drop-down box in the Text Fields Properties Box. This would be VERY helpful!

Not having a subtraction option in the Text Field Properties reduces the value of the calculate function. The current "workaround" of inputting a negative number to allow for addition is a poor alternative.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gary

You can either use a custom JavaScirpt calculation or the simplified field notation calculation, if your field names follow the required convention, with the “-” operator you will be able to perform subtraction.

However, we value your suggestion/ideas and we will have the engineering notified. Should we need more information inregard to this, we shall connect with you
    Thank you for your patience.

19. Maximum font size setting for form fill

Allow the setting of maximum font size for a field when creating a fillable form. This will prevent huge text in a field if there is a small amount of text but would still allow text to reduce in size automatically to fit within the field if needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The Calculate tab does not appear in the Properties dialog boxes for text fields and dropdown boxes

The Calculate tab does not appear in my Properties dialog boxes for only text fields and dropdown boxes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please share the acrobat version you are experiencing this issue with. You can do so using the link -helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product..

Also, can you please try it another PDF file and confirm that this is not file specific.

-Bhavna

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base