Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Internet Explorer crashes on AcroPDFImpl.dll randomly

Within our company we use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (currently 15.020.20042). About 140 employees are having issues with random crashing Internet Explorer when using a web application with PDF's Crashes are appearing to be random about 3-5 times per day.

The exact message is:

Name of the application with errors: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.9600.18666, timestamp: 0x58f30f27
    Name of the module with errors: AcroPDFImpl.dll, version: 15.20.20042.8920, timestamp: 0x5811d3ec
    errorcode: 0xc0000005
    faultoffset: 0x00005c89
    Id of proces with error: 0x1274
    Starttime of the application with error: 0x01d2e023792e665b
    Path to application with error: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Path to module with error: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroPDFImpl.dll
    Rapport-id:…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Acrobat DC Pro crashes every time I open multiple PDFs

Acrobat DC recently started to crash every time I open two PDFs. It just closes all the windows without showing any error messages.
      Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. I assume this is associated with some recent update, since this bug started to appear in the last one month. Would anybody know how to fix this?

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Adobe PDF on Chrome and highlighting problem in Acrobat Pro DC

When printing from Chrome on Windows with Adobe PDF and then trying to highlight it in Acrobat Pro there is some strange problems. IT marks much more than it should. Se added examples.
        AdobePDF_chrome.pdf is printed with Adobe PDF and the Builtin_chrome.pdf is printed with the built-in PDF in chrome.
        In both files I have highlighted only the text DC but only the Built-In for chrome shows it correctly?

Data: Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Officiell version) (64 bit)
        Acrobat Pro DC 2018-011-20058

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Bug: ActiveX control sometimes shows wrong font

Sometimes when loading a PDF into the ActiveX control it never seems to load the fonts. This only seems to happen when loading a PDF immediately after initializing the control but never for subsequent loads.

The issue happens with a lot of different PDFs, some more often than others. It happens fairly often with the attached pdf.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • AccessViolation exception in Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow, assembly v15.6.30417.5399

AccessViloation exception in Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow, file version 15.6.30417.5399

Windows 7 Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) UP Free x86 compatible

native call stack:

0:007> kbL100
            ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
            WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
            0a8ef3d4 0ab01f97 0a8ef420 0a98911e 069a17b8 Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow+0xd3a6
            0a8ef3dc 0a98911e 069a17b8 55ce9cab 10197ad8 Acrobat!CTJPEGDecoderReadNextTile+0x75997
            0a8ef420 0a988a95 00007ce2 55ce9c03 00007ce2 Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow+0x222af
            0a8ef488 0a9888cd 55ce9c3b 00000000 08855cb0 Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow+0x21c26
            0a8ef4b0 0a91ede0 000004d3 00000000 0a91e956 Acrobat!DllCanUnloadNow+0x21a5e
            0a8ef4c4 755162fa 000104da 00000113 000004d3 Acrobat!AcroWinBrowserMain+0x5958
            0a8ef4f0 75516d3a 0a91e956 000104da 00000113 user32!InternalCallWinProc+0x23
            0a8ef568 755177c4 069d7a7c 0a91e956 000104da user32!UserCallWinProcCheckWow+0x109
            0a8ef5c8 7551788a 0a91e956 00000000 0a8ef64c user32!DispatchMessageWorker+0x3bc
            0a8ef5d8 0a9882ad 0a8ef5fc 55ce9ec7 0c100f30 user32!DispatchMessageW+0xf
            0a8ef64c…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • SAP 7.40 unexpectedly crashes and closes when opening/viewing PDF file(s).

When opening PDF attachments in SAP 7.40, SAP unexpectedly closes or crashes the application. You must then relaunch SAP and start over. Sometimes it's able to view without crashing SAP. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe Acrobat Reader has an issue viewing some pages in a pdf.

Here are some results when I try to access some pages in a PDF document. Adobe Acrobat and Mozilla Firefox have the same issue whereas Google Chrome doesn't. Here is the file I used for the test https://www.gceguide.xyz/files/e-books/a-level/Cambridge%20International%20AS%20and%20A%20Level%20Biology%20Coursebook.pdf

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Firefox 52.0 - Rechnungen werden in der Vorschau nicht mehr angezeigt

with latest firefox 52.0 security update from march 2017, using my adobe cloud customer center webpage for example wanting to access and view and print my monthly adobe invoice, i am no longer offered to see the actual invoice pdf, or actually the kind-of plugin mechanism to display that pdf file inside the firefox browser has been technically deprecated or changed or disabled by mozilla (firefox creators) and thus i cannot even see or download or trigger my monthly invoice in my customer center at adobe.com. Please fix this technical shortcoming or actually complete lack of functionality now. Using windows7,…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • new app

I would like to introduce this because everyone might be addicted and so everyone will be inside their houses all day and they wont be doing jobs all day.

Thanks for listening to my request of browser on the internet.
                    I hpe you enjoyed it.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Acrobat pro dc with google drive and Chrome OS

Please make Acrobat Pro DC function with Google Drive and work on the Chrome OS platforms...

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• HIGHLITER TOOL - HOW TO I GET IT TO WORK?

Sometimes the highliter tool is on the toolbar when I open a PDF, but I need to find a reliable way to start it up and make it stay on the toolbar - I have read all the suggestions, tried all the directions, but it's really hit and miss - 12 years (before I started buying a subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro), the highliter tool was always on the toolbar on free download of Adobe Reader. But I haven't been able to access / use it in past 4 years. ?????

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Acrobat PDF browser plug-in is missing

I have Adobe Acrobat DC only and I continually receive this error message:

The Acrobat PDF browser plug-in is missing. Please reinstall Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader to fix this problem.

Please help me fix this issue.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Internet Explorer crashes when viewing a PDF on a webpage

There is a Bug on the latest version and Internet explorer 11 where you are unable to view PDFs on a webpage using Internet explorer. Event Viewer Shows the Faulty Module as acrord32.dll

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug: Valid JPEG inside PDF fails to decode in Acrobat DC

Bug: The attached PDF file has a perfectly valid JPEG image (1200x1600 RGB, progressive), but Acrobat DC reports "There was an error while reading a stream." Every other application can display the PDF fine (Dropbox, Microsoft Edge, PDF Expert, Google Chrome, etc). If the JPEG stream is extracted to a .jpg file byte for byte, every viewer can display it. I don't know what causes Acrobat to fail to decompress (DCTDecode).

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• MacBook Pro Lüfter auf 100% wenn kein Netzwerk

Wenn ich auf meinem MacBook Pro Adobe Acrobat Pro geöffnet habe und mit dem Internet verbunden bin, funktioniert soweit alles. Manchmal arbeite ich bei einem Kunden in einem Gast-Netzwerk. Dieses hat dann nach ca. einer halben Stunde keinen Internetzugriff mehr. Erst wenn ich mich erneut an einem Portal anmelde geht es wieder. Der Rechner ist aber währendessen die ganze zeit mit dem WLAN verbunden, bekommt aber kein internet. Sobald die Internet Sitzung abläuft und der Mac nicht mehr ins Internet telefonieren kann, aber noch mit dem WLAn verbunden ist, fängt der Rechner an sehr laut zu lüften. Nach einigen Tests…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Random Minimizing Overlay

I am running the Adobe Suite on a Mac Pro.

After maximizing Adobe Acrobat with a PDF I'm interested in reading, I usually go and browse the internet (Google Chrome). While browsing, Acrobat will randomly minimize and lay over my browser. In order to remove it, I have to re-maximize. I'm not sure why it does this.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Customizing of DocumentCloud-Landingpage

In the navigation menu on the documentcloud-website (https://documentcloud.adobe.com) there is the possibility to reach downloads and mobile apps at 'Apps'. I would be nice to have the possibility to customize the landingpage and hide the 'apps' tab, to avoid endusers downloading the stuff. Our end-users don't have any adminrights on their devices and therefore this tab is annoying and is resulting in tickets from endusers.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please fix this annoying bug

I constantly get the attached error message/demand for "confidential information" both from the browser plug-in and from Acrobat, proper. Selecting "Always Allow" does not provide a lasting fix, only a temporary salve that work for a short period that somewhat, but not exactly, coincides with a particular Acrobat or browser session.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• abrir vinculo web en ventana nueva

Acaban de informarnos de su servicio tecnico que mediante la función de "editar PDF" de Acrobat DC Pro no es posible crear en un documento pdf un vinculo Web a una dirección URL, y que este se abra en una ventana nueva.

En nuestro caso se trata de unos catálogos en pdf de piezas y recambios, en los cuales las mismas referencias de las piezas que aparecen se han modificado para convertirlas en vínculos web que apuntan de forma individual a las correspondientes fichas de producto en una Tienda OnLine, permitiendo desde la consulta de precios a la compra de…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
                                        Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base