Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
      Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

Thanks

• Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

2. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
      Open the file in Acrobat DC
      Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
      After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
      when you open the document again in Acrobat…

6 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This usually not happens, I tried on multiple files.
        Can you please confirm if this is happening on all files for you or on a set of files. Also, how did you created these files where you are seeing this issue.

Thanks.

• More Options for Accessibility Tables

Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this feature to our notice. We discussed about this particular feature and we will raise a feature request for the same. We’ll update you once it will implemented.

Thanks
          Rachit

• Bug: General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools: doesn't work

Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Reading order list

It would be a HUGE improvement for the work I do if the reading order also could be changed by typing the order numbers in the order list. The reading order list can be very long sometimes, with endless, tedious drag and drops on each page as it is now.
            It is also annoying that the list jumps back to the top each time you re-order the list.

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
              1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
              2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
              3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Headings are not being shown in the TURO tool after saving as a tagged PDF from Word

The document is being tagged, perhaps properly, but it is impossible to tell using the TURO tool when showing structure types. In the Tags pane, headings are shown as H1, H2, etc in the actual tags, but whether the TURO tool is on when the Order or Tags panel is active, these show up as text (P).
                I've never seen this problem before and suspect it has to do with a recent update/release.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • PDF Initial View Magnification Guidelines

Why doesn't Adobe set the default initial view magnification setting to "fit page" so a viewer can see an entire document upon initial view? As a seasoned graphic designer, I believe it is much more courteous to allow the viewer to orient themselves to an entire document and then allow then to zoom in for more detail. It is disconcerting to see a partial document when opening a PDF file. Adobe is a leader in accessibility standards and I wondered if you had insight into this topic, I don't see a recommended initial view magnification in the WCAG 2.0 AA…

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Now my Commonlook is just a black screen and I can't use it

My Acrobat Pro DC automatically updated yesterday (I did not tell it to update from CC as its supposed to work for updates). Now when I open the Commonlook plug-in I get only a black screen.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lou,
                      We are aware of the issue. Commonlook has recently updated its plugin and the issue has been resolved. Kindly check with the latest update and contact us if there are any concerns.
                      Thanks
                      Rachit

• Text-to-speek SELECTED text only

I don't know how Acrobat has not allowed for a Text-To-Speech option of SELECTED text only yet. It's an amazing tool for people with disabilities... especially those who need text read to them.

It is extremely frustrating having to listen to the text of a document from the begining if you only need the last paragraph read allowed. Extremely disappointed Adobe hasn't stepped up their game.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Greg,
                        I have escalated a feature request for the same to the higher management. This will be discussed in the future and the decision will be taken on this.

Thanks
                        Rachit

• [idea] Option of capping the brightness to avoid visual fatigue

Change the background color of a pdf even if there is a background image to avoid visual fatigue or a option of capping the brigntness to avoid changing screen settings

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,
                          Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We discussed about this with the management and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

Thanks
                          Rachit

• Tools Pane Opens on Launch

I run a lot of scripts on Acrobat and it would be nice to have the tools tab be the one that opens on launch. Currently, I need to do 4 clicks every time I want to run an action script Tools > Action > Choose My Action > Select Files.

Even a shortcut to specific tools would be amazing! You can do this on all other Adobe programs (assign shortcuts) but you cannot do this on Acrobat and it makes my workflow on this program so much slower.

I saw a lot of requests to remove the tools pane,…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kasandra,
                            Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

Thanks
                            Rachit

• crashing when running auto detect fields

so when running the auto detect field on this pdf every time I click the auto detect fields for the accessibility, it gives me an error that adobe has stoped working and has to be closed. can someone explain what's happening and what i need to do to fix this.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Read out loud selected word(s)

I suggest a feature that would read out loud individual word(s) as selected by the user and also be able to read out loud the alt tag on images if the image is clicked. Thank you!

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sir,
                                Thanks for bringing this feature request to our notice. We discussed about this particular request and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future

Thanks

• Acrobat deleted form fields from reading order when moved even one pixel

I am using the latest version of Mac Acrobat DC 2018.011.20038

1- Make a form field.
                                2- Select it so you can make a <form> with the OBJR
                                3- Drag it into its proper spot in the reading order.
                                4- Then move it even one pixel, it will delete itself. This happens on all fields of any type. It also happens if you just resize any field.

Since this Adobe Forum usually asks questions until people give up on the thread I even made a video of the whole thing:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S79CQ53xiebkxiXmZawAML2kpSY3O6Bn

By the way, I lost 17 hours of work.…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Tagging table cell contents, attribute inherited

When remediating a document created from Word, we had a group of tables (actually embedded Excel sheets) that auto-tagged as Figures. When the cells in these Figures were manually tagged using the Reading Order Tool they inherited the Bounding Box and Placement attributes of the Figure tag they were within. If the Figure tag was deleted and then the content was tagged this problem did not occur, but who knew this would happen? This caused unexpected issues using several remediation Tools -- Commonlook Validator would not open the file and Axes PDF Quick Fix showed a large bounding box around…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug: language identifiers lost

When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags are not imported. This has been a long-standing issues across all Acrobat versions

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cannot use Page Up/Page Down Keys or Jump to Other Open Document

I cannot get the Page Up/Down keys to work. I'm viewing a multi-page PDF in full page to flip through them and spot changes. I can't see an option to reset tools or select this as a transition option.
                                      Also, in all other Adobe products, you can hit Command+` to jump between open documents, but not in Acrobat.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sir,
                                        Please use Arrow keys on mac and Page Up/Page Down keys on windows to flip though pages. Also for switching between open Documents, Please use Ctrl+Tab key for both mac and windows. Please tell if this solution works for you.

Thanks
                                        Rachit

• Autotag Document Assigns Failed Character Encoding

Steps to reproduce
                                        PDF files generated by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2
                                        Process with 'Accessibility tools, Autotag Document'

Environment (OS, version)
                                        Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC
                                        2015 Release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30392

Note that files were OK with Windows 10, Acrobat Pro XI (currently on the same workstation)
                                        Note that files had previously been OK with Windows 7, Acrobat Pro DC (prior workstation, no longer available)

Expected Result
                                        Text recognized and assigned text characters
                                        Bullets recognized and assigned 'bullet' character
                                        Accessibility Checker passes content

Observed Result
                                        Bullets assigned text character ('w', 'n', etc. - possibly the different values were based…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Creating table summary removes accessible table tags

Using the latest Acrobat DC on MacOS Sierra, the only way to add a summary to a table also removes correct, accessible tags.

The only way to access the table summary is to open the Touch Up Reading Order panel, highlight the table in question, and mark it as a table in the TURO panel--even though the table was already correctly tagged and in the correct reading order. After this is done, the user can right click on the table and add a table summary.

However, doing this changes the <table> tag to two nested <sect> tags and removes any…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base