Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Link should default to NEXT not HELP

When I add links to a PDF, I do NOT need help EVERY single time I create a link; it would be MUCH more convenient if the default selection were NEXT, not HELP. In this manner, I could use enter to select next, whereas now, when I inadvertently click enter thinking it should be the default, it seems to be common sense - oh, wait, that no longer exists, my bad. I guess never mind, no commonsense, why bother, right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Adobe PDF crashes on macOS

When using Print/Create Adobe PDF from other applications with custom profile the process crashes and no PDF file is created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Feature like Adobe Command-Line Tools (*.exe) for Merging Multiple Files into 1 PDF

Would like for Adobe to have command-line tools (*.exe) for use in batch scripting or any languages for merging multiple documents into ONE PDF file so the task can be scheduled to run nightly... This would be an awesome tool opposing being forced to use the GUI (a manual process).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Merge odd- and even-numbered scanned pages into a single document in the correct order

When scanning a double-sided document in a non-duplex scanner, you end up with two separate PDFs - one for the odd-numbered pages and one for the even-numbered pages. Combining them in Acrobat Pro creates a single document with the pages in the order "1-3-5-7-....2-4-6-8-...", meaning that we have to manually move all of the pages into the correct order, which is not feasible for hundred-page long documents. We need a 'combine' function that automatically interleaves the pages so that they end up in the order "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-..".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prepare Form; Tabbing Field Groupings

Problem: When creating a fillable form, you either have to go in order of fields you create or in order of field creation number. When I receive forms that have already been given a great deal of time, the tabbing functionality is not ideal due to the function obeying the rule of field creation/ purposeful placing in the fields scrollbar. This becomes a chore when dealing with hundreds of fields. Ideally at this moment you want to scrap the whole creation and begin in a more formal and tedious recreation.

Solution: Multiple click/drag selectable field grouping. Where you can form…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bug: cannot change default settings from flatbed to document feeder

the option always comes up flatbed. when I change it to document feeder, it only scans one page even though all pages go through the feeder,. I am using Windows 10 64 bit, and Brother MFC L2710DW scanner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Too difficult to use.

Creating pdf's used to be simple. I know because I have used acrobat for 30 years. It has become a complete mess. I have tried for 30 minutes to add jpegs to a single pdf and it is still not right. Get some UX people who really know how to communicate. I can't believe how difficult this simple task has become. Sorry but it is true. I have the Adobe Creative Suite so I'm not unfamiliar with adobe. I have used photoshop for 20 years, illustrator for 20 years, premiere pro, InDesign for as long as it has been out,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. lightest weight of a font is used when making a PDF from a webpage

Steps:
    I have written up the steps in the last comment here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/create-pdf-from-web-page-uses-only-light-weight-fonts/m-p/11945480
    - make an HTML file from the provided code
    - make a PDF from this HTML file
    - see if your result is different from the attached PDF in the forum post

Environment:
    Acrobat DC (CC) 21.0 on Mac OS X Big Sur 11.2.3
    Helvetica Neue typeface installed with system: /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.ttc

Expected:
    A regular (or even medium) weight of a typeface would be chosen.

Observed:
    The lightest available weight of the typeface is chosen, making the resulting PDF unreadable. PDF attached to forum post is also attached…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Save as PDF" Bug

Hello,

Just wanted to report this bug. So when I combine a bunch of pdf files I save the combined file using the "print as PDF" function (because some of the files are fillable and I want it "flattened") almost 90% of the times it won't save the file in the first attempts and it will happen in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. 5% of the time the output file only has one page(the first page out of 10-20 pages) so I have to try it again.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat 2021.001.20145 on windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PDFMaker causes Character Encoding failure

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Type text in any of the below affected scripts in Word:
    - Devanagari
    - Bengali
    - Telugu
    - Tamil
    - Arabic
    - Gujarati
    - Kannada
    - Malayalam
    - Myanmar
    - Sinhala
    2. Export the document to PDF with Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Run the Accessibility Check.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.):
    Word: 2102 (Build 13801.20360)
    Acrobat Pro DC: 21.001.20145

Expected result:
    Characters originally encoded at valid Unicode codepoints in Word should not cause Character Encoding issues in Acrobat Pro DC's Accessibility Check.

Observed results:
    Some Unicode characters in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 'Create PDF From Clipboard' Eventually Corrupts Clipboard on Windows 10 (BUG)

Open a viewing system such as Hathi Trust or an ebook platform. Copy a page image, 'Create PDF from Clipboard'. Repeat more than 15 times. On some occasions you cannot then create a PDF from all the open pages. However, after doing this it is then impossible to copy and paste in other windows applications as it appears that the windows clipboard has become corrupted by acrobat. A full reboot is required to fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Combine Files result loses focus to last-selected open document.

My specs are in the attached screenshots.

Note: I had problems with Acrobat yesterday, so this morning I uninstalled/reinstalled the app via the Creative Cloud app.

1. With one or more PDFs open, choose File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF….

2. Add any number of files using the Add Files… command or by clicking the Add Files button.

3. Click the Combine button.

4. When the resulting PDF appears (Binder[n].pdf), focus returns to the last-selected open PDF.

In general the first thing I want to do when the combined file appears is save and rename it.

It's minor but frustrating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert from Png or Jpg to PDF

Before i was able to convert from image file to PDF but now there is a problem and can not covert.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. save PDF to same folder as original file

When I right click on a word or excel file and "convert to pdf" it would be better if the new pdf could save to the same folder as the original file by default. There should be an option to allow this, which I found to be a huge time saver when using Kofax Power PDF. The current adobe saving options only allow for using one pre-defined folder, or the last folder that something was saved to. This results in files being saved to the wrong location, or time wasted navigating to different folders every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Acrobat DC has a bug when combining files.

Since switching over to Acrobat DC, when dragging and dropping files into the combine feature screen more often than not it will open the files instead of adding them to the list to be combined. This makes a slow process even more cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have been waiting for years for Acrobat to support HEIC files.

I put a massive amount of photos on Acrobat.
    But for years now I have to convert my HEIC files to JPEG before I can combine the photos into Acrobat.
    For such a large well known company I would have expected Adobe to have supported HEIC files a long time before now.
    PLEASE DO IT SOON...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PDF-Maker disables macros in vba/macro-enabled Word-Templates after pdf has been created

Title says everything. I have a macro enabled word template. If i use the microsoft on board function "save as pdf", everthing works fine. If i use the PDF-Maker AddIn, my Macros get disabled after the pdf has been created.

Environment: Word365, Latest Acrobat DC version, Windows 10 20H2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remember Prepare form settings for multi page / batch processing

If i have a bunch of pdfs that i want to convert to forms it would be great if we could make a style template that would be applied to the group of documents, a default that sticks instead of having to choose the font size, font face, and alignment etc for every document ...
    also when the document opens i might want to select a group of "multi-page documents" to batch process and tell the interpreter to only make the first page into a form, retain the original formatting of the rest of the pages or each of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base