Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

365 results found

1. When I click to combine files from Explorer, I get the "Raise without Handler" message. I can quit Acrobat Pro, restart it, then I can combine the files.
    Thank you,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Description:
    On the right-mouse option on a document tab, add the option to "Close and Delete" intermediate or temporary files once they are used (incorporated into another PDF). Adding a confirmation would be acceptable.

Reason:
    Efficiency: When building a PDF using multiple source PDFs, many generated PDF's may end up being temporary and need not be saved, yet many are automatically saved and clutter drives. The user is then forced to hunt down the temporary files and delete them. If a bit of time goes by before that happens, one may feel the need to confirm if a temporary file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. According to Adobe Acrobat Customer Support*, when I customer presents to the support team with corrupt or unreadable PDFs created by the Adobe Print Spooler, they always recommend deselecting the 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts' feature option.

If they 'always' recommend that this option is deselected, then this option should be deselected by default.

Suggestion: change the Adobe Print Spooler > Rely on system fonts only feature option default from checked to unchecked.

*For example, case number: ADB-33043877-Y8V9

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have trouble creating a new PDF just right after I'm done completing one. I use Acrobat to combine multiple JPEG images then I hit the Combine button on the top right corner. Right when I Create a new tab and set my multiple option, the Combine button no longer works? Can you please look into this? It's frustrating because sometimes, when I need to gather images in a particular order for any reason at the last minute by request, I'd have to re-do this step if that button does not work. I can easily save my images saved in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi,

It seems like the PDF Portfolio Thumbnails are missing, causing major disruption in our communication with our customers who use the thumbnails on the left side of the Portfolio view to navigate between the files.

Currently in January 2024 the Portfolio appears just as a list and many additional settings and preferences also disappeared. Looks like a stripped version of the formerly powerful format.

Please, provide explanation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Martin Jezek

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Office 365 Word Version 2312 Build 17126.20132) Current Channel.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro. Current download January 2024.
    Word with PDFMaker is creating what "appears" to be Relative Hyperlinks (links that are portable and will work wherever the documents reside on other computers) in Office 365 Word but these links are really absolute hyperlinks (links that retain the directory path of the computer the word file was created on). Alt-F9 in Word shows the hyperlink as relative, no directory path. This appearance is deceiving.
    When the PDF is created using Word's Adobe PDFMaker, the resulting links in the PDF are absolute, they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. avete fatto un disastro: prima era molto più semplice e intuitivo specialmente la modifica dei testi (ora è impossibile aggiungere nuove linee, prende solo in modifica l'esistente). Si blocca per almeno 3 minuti all'avviod i qualsiasi documento, grafiche meno intutitive, ridateci il vecchio

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello Acrobat community,

I hope this message finds you well. I've been exploring the PDF creation features in Acrobat, and I'm interested in gathering insights and suggestions from fellow users. Creating PDFs is a crucial aspect of my workflow, and I believe there's always room for improvement.

What specific challenges have you encountered while creating PDFs in Acrobat?
    Are there any features you wish Acrobat had to enhance the PDF creation process?
    How satisfied are you with the existing tools for creating PDFs, and what improvements would you like to see?
    Feel free to share your experiences, suggestions, or any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. (I have already posted this in community, but was directed here. Fortunately there is a "solution" but it is a bit laborsome, at least the first time: see here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/choose-sheet-size-and-other-properties-when-creating-pdfs-from-jpeg/m-p/14284448#M441904

Suggestion:

Hello,

I think that the possibility to choose sheet size and other properties when creating pdfs from jpeg is missing. It is nice to be able to combine several jpegs to a pdf by the "combine function", but unfortunately, this creates huge sheets of the jpegs as opposed to the regular A4.

I had to go into each jpeg and print them from "windows photo", and that should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Organize Pages>Split>Split By: Top Level Bookmarks
    Output Options>File Labeling>File Name
    "Use Bookmarks for File Names" option is greyed out and can not be chosen

Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I frequently get the attached error message when selecting Save As PDF in Microsoft Word. It says that the path of the document is too long and to please save to a path with fewer than 255 characters. I believe there is an ancient limit in older versions of Windows that has been eliminated, but this bug still exists in Acrobat.

I am running the latest version of Acrobat under Windows 10 with the latest version of Word from Microsoft 365.

The workaround is to simply print the file to the Adobe PDF printer, but it would be nice to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to use PDFMaker to creat a PDF from an MS Word dokument which contains graphics created and inserted with ChemDraw. When the PDF is created it does not look like it should.
    I use Acrobat Pro 2023.006.20380 and MS Word 2310 Build 16924.20150

Attached you can find the MS Word dokument and also the generated PDF. The graphic on top is the one inserted with ChemDraw (22.2.0.330). The lower one was converted into an SVG and inserted into the dokument as Vector grphics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. pLEASE stop changing your program. I just want to open a file I receive change oredit and send it back . I want to do it the way IWANT IT / I pay a high subscription I deserve to use your program the way i did before YOU decide to change it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am a paid Adobe subscriber.
    When I run the PDF, the phrase “Free Trial” keeps popping up.
    This phrase was seen intermittently in 2023. When will this be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It also skips documents when scanning keep on stopping. There is too many step to create .pdf. I have no problem using the older version. Also paper size keeps going back to A4 size paper I want it to stay on Legal Size paper instead. How do you save the setting?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm on Adobe DC V23.0 on a Mac (Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400)). Create a PDF > Multiple Files > Combine Files > Next. I've tried combining 2 JPGs into a single PDF file. Used to do it all the time. Now not working. Application stops responding while on "Checking for Security Settings..."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using Office 365 with latest updates. Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.003.20244 64-bit.

For multiple PowerPoint presentations, we have seen that if the PowerPoint presentation has an embedded Excel chart or an embedded Excel sheet, when we create a PDF, the resulting PDF has a ghost/shadow type image showing.

This happens when pressing the PowerPoint toolbar button "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

Please note that this shadow/ghosting problem does NOT happen when choosing to print and selecting "Adobe PDF" as the device to print to.

Samples are attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi Adobe Support Team. I would like to report a bug in Acrobat. We added an Emoticon [Windows button PLUS dot button] in Word [Office 365]. When we want to make a PDF from this Word file, the text after the Emoticon is simply missing in the PDF version. The same happens when we add other symbols. I thought I let you know. We would be happy if you would fix this...

I have added a file which has little orange symbols. Those symbols cause the same failure as an Emoticon would do. If you remove the symbols, the PDF…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Das Programm konvertiert unvollständig, ungenau. Es werden keine Noten angezeigt. Damit ist dieses Programm unbrauchbar!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An Australian customer operating in the financial advisory domain would like to add a disclaimer footer notes.They would also like to have a

Customer Ask

a. Add a disclaimer footer note on documents selectively.
    b. The disclaimer should auto populate once the document is imported in Acrobat.

Current Process

The customer has developed a small widget at the top of the Acrobat UI through Java script which gives them the ability to add the footer once a word file is opened in Acrobat. This is however is not a fool proof solution as the user add the footer manually.

Business…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19