Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spell Checker

A fully functional spell checker is necessary for Acrobat DC (17.009).

Frequently I get documents requiring proof-reading and the only option is to export as a DOCX, run a spell checker there and, for every error, go back to DC and either comment the error or correct it myself. Not ideal, to say the least.

Such functionality would also provide useful features. For example, to check French text has the correct accents or, even, being able to "translate" from US English to British English

43 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • TO: Adobe Acrobat Pro and Edit .Pdf Team: Please, please, please - you must make the edit .pdf tool much more user friendly. Terrible for

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to change the margins and the paragraph spacing on a simple document with just 4 pages.

YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND MAKE YOUR TOOLS MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY TO THE AVERAGE PERSON. UNTIL ADOBE FIGURES OUT HOW TO MAKE THEIR TOOLS MORE USER-FRIENDLY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS IN THE MEANTIME. GREAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES - awful user-friendly applications. When we spend 2 hours with an Adobe customer support person on chat who cannot even do this simple task with time efficiency, then it is clear to…

31 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Where is the ability to "Track Changes"?!

You are missing a most basic editing feature: The ability to display additions or deletes to text in a pdf, as in Word's "Track Changes". How does a client see my edits to their document? Really! Will this be rectified?

15 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Edit PDF in Adobe Pro DC online

The online version of Adobe Pro DC needs to have an edit function for existing PDFs. Especially ones that were created in the desktop version of Pro DC. You are unable to continue working on a PDF that you created on the desktop, but need to do an update or edit to that file away from your desktop/office.

15 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Drawing basic shapes in Edit PDF view

Can we please have the ability to draw real shapes (rectangles,circles, etc) in the Edit PDF view? I know that we can draw these shapes in the Comment view but it's not good enough - doing it that way makes it impossible to adjust certain aspects of the shapes (like, "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" - those options do not exist in the Comments view, but when you go to the Edit PDF view, shapes that were drawn in the Comments view are untouchable. They are always on Top and obscure anything else that is in the PDF…

14 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Can't save a simple change without having to 'save as' and rename the document

If you go into a saved document and change something you cannot save it you have to save it as a completely separate document. i.e. I edit one line to be italicized and hit save and I get a pop up error that states, "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

1) I am the only user
              2) I created the .pdf document yesterday and did NOT make it read-only.

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Editing Text

Hi

I produce this pdf file, so that at a later date i can change the date. I've selected the edit tool in adobe pro and when i start to type in the date i want, the text moves from the bottom of the page to half way up the page. (as you will see from the pdf file attached)

I am doing this on a windows 7 machine.

On the other pages i dont have a problem. The pages of pdf are set up the same way, so I'm unclear as to what the problem is with this page.

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • a way to PERMANENTLY keep comment toolbar open in adobe reader dc

a way to PERMANENTLY keep comment toolbar open in adobe reader dc

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop text boxes from combining

PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

7 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • cannot handle selection of multiple objects. Very limited. Slow processing to the point of crashing.

cannot handle selection of multiple objects. Very limited. Slow processing to the point of crashing.

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Requests

Please make it so the fonts are WYSIWIG. It's incredibly frustrating to look at an enormous list of fonts and have no idea what they look like. Also, it would be nice to see Arial in there! Thanks.

6 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Set default color for adding text

Make it possible to set a default color in the menu:
                          Preferences > Content Editing

in addition to the already supported settings for font and its size.

5 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Activate advanced features in OpenType fonts

I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Headers and footers should use document's page labels instead of inventing page labels

I want to suggest an improvement to Acrobat Professional:

When adding headers or footers to a document, I suggest that the mechanism use the document's page numbers, instead of inventing its own.

For example, my document has page numbers A.1 through A.29 followed by B.1 through B.7 followed by C.1 through C.6 ... followed by V.1 through V.11.

Right now, it seems that the only way I can get the actual page numbers to accurately appear in the footer is Add 22 different footers. That's an onerous task.

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Bulk Changing of Font Color in Acrobat Pro XI and DC

As also expressed in a bug report related to the changing of font colors within a PDF file, I would like to see Acrobat Pro XI and DC have the ability to change the font color of *all* pages - or a specified range of pages - within a given document, in one pass. Right now this process must be laboriously applied, one page at a time.

This feature would be analogous to the Crop Tool, for instance, which does provide the ability to apply itself to all or to a range of pages within the specified file.

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Adding White Space via the Crop Tool Does Not Work for Some Pages

Here is a posting I recently made to the Acrobat "Editing and Exporting PDFs" forum:

try67 wrote: "Yes, Acrobat Pro DC can scale all the pages of the file in a single command."

As it turns out, Acrobat Pro XI is *supposed* to be able to do this, but as I stated offline to try76, "... I experimented with increasing the white space around pages (to 8.5 x 11.0) in XI. The single-column test page I sent you is from a 9-page, mostly three-column document, and when I use the Cropping Tool while attempting to do this, there is one…

5 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove just one header/footer and not others/remove all headers/footers

It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• FIX: Rich Media Button. Needs Transparent Line and Fill Option!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry Fix!

I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
                                      Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Replace All

I wish Acrobat to have option "replace all" under Find and Replace.

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • The program is constantly not responding, after each step I take. It's taking a real long time to do anything!

I keep getting an error that program is not responding. Happens after each step. Recently required to log in again, so I'm not sure what changed.

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base