Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. Adobe Scan is missing "Scanning a Biometric Photo" feature.

This is common need in general document processes and a very useful option.

Actual apps on the market does not work well or not practical.
    It would be very helpful if Adobe Scan adds it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please improve the accuracy of OCR. The screen capture is from "review recognized text."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I manually scan receipts (see attached) and every time I run OCR on this receipt, it skews, and the new version of Acrobat Pro doesn't have an "unskew" tool (or at least one I could find). Strangely, after I used Photoshop to redact my name (near the top), the OCR proceeded just fine--so this is the unredacted copy. Fortunately, there's not a lot of personal information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If you select and drag/drop a large number of files into the dialog and, for some reason those files are unreadable (eg the drive is no longer mounted) you get uninterruptable "<filename> could not be added to the list because it does not exist." errors, one after another. You cannot interrupt this, so if there are 100+ files you were adding you get 100 error messages one after another that you have to manually click OK on to go past.

Other, more mature, applications notice this behavior and give an option to abort the entire process if there are multiple…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have documents in both French and English. Changing the OCR language from English US to French results in an immediate crash, repeatedly. Note that changing to English UK does not.

I removed by Prefs file, and all starts working again....for a couple of days. I first scan French! Then English! But when I go back to French, an immediate crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A tool for OCR and AI based file renaming based on content is missing. The market doesn't offer anything simple or affordable. Simply define content using OCR and use a job routine to automatically monitor a folder and rename the files in the background for further use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. First, in order to start the OCR process in Acrobat DC (Windows), you must have a PDF file open. If you want to OCR multiple files, whether they're open or must be added from a folder, you must choose the Add Files option at the top of the window. That's when you get the "menu" options "Add files", "Add folders" and "Add open folders," which is all fine. But the initial file has already been selected and has populated the window, so if you "Add Open Files", for instance, you always get the annoying pop-up error that the first file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just tried this out on a scanned PDF of Japanese text with the latest Acrobat Pro (2023.008.20470) and the results were completely unusable. Searching for any text on the page had zero results (even simple hiragana). Copying and pasting text gave me wildly inaccurate kanji and other symbols. macOS Preview does a pretty good job of letting me search and copy text from the same document, even my own poor handwriting, and I don't even have to wait for a progress bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm trying Acrobat Pro and it seems that the new UI that we can try doesn't allow me to correct OCR by marking something as "not text". With the old UI, you can simply erase the garbage text next to the picture, and press "OK" or whatever, then this part of the document stops being considered as text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Arabic language is not supported, so OCR does not support arabic and exporting Arabic pdf files to other formats is not possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When i use CTRL+F (Find), the software does not find any match in this PDF. In Google Chrome the FIND in this PDF works very well. Why does Acrobat Reader 2023.01.20143 not work with this PDF?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add multithreading. I am writing this as I am WAITING on my Mac M2 Ultra with 128 GB of RAM to complete an OCR, that is apparently a still single threaded application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • The Ability To Scan & Recognize Sheet Music (Fonts, Dynamics, Staff, etc.)
    • Example: Avid's Neuratron Photoscore or Finale's ScanScore 3 Professional. However, Their OCR Recognition is Terrible, always with numerous mistakes.
    • Adobe Acrobat will attempt to Scan/Recognize, but replace the Music Fonts with System Fonts, Recognize the Staff as Underline, etc., and Ruin the Music Score. I have experienced this while editing/creating Music Books with Sheet Music Professionaly.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a tool that makes low resolution documents high resolution so OCR will work. User needs to be able to redact documents, but OCR doesn't work. She has to go in and print to Microsoft pdf and then she is able to OCR and search.

Please cut out some steps by making this automatic or adding a tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using Windows 10 and both new and old Acrobat DC experience crash (program closes) when I try to OCR with my Xerox Duplex Combo Scanner (which I have used for 5+ years without a problem before today). I have tried going through Enhance in Scan & OCR (in old experience) and it also crashes (not if I de-select Recognize Text, however). Not sure why all of a sudden, program crashes out on OCR (I have tried several scanned documents). Quite frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've tried running OCR scans for English text multiple times on my document but it never works despite my document's text being very clear. I'm running version 2023.006.20320. It is quite disappointing that Acrobat can't even recognise the text when it's so clear. It's not like this scan was a poor quality scan even!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have scans from archival documents in a pdf which range from a few to almost 200 pages. These pdfs contain documents in English, German and French. The interface only gives me the option to choose either whole document, or single page, or a page range. Which means I have to repeat the settings innumerable times. Many printer interfaces allow for multiple page selection as in '1, 6, 8-13, 25-37, 39, 52' and then these pages are selected. It would be great to have that in the OCR interface on Adobe reader. Being able to do that for multiple languages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adobe closes immediately after clicking Recognize Text in the Scan & OCR tool or Optimize Scanned Pages in the Optimize PDF tool. This occurs on the Windows 10 desktop version. I've tried checking for updates (already up to date) and repairing the installation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Attempt to scan from Canon imageformula DRM-160II in Adobe Acrobat Pro with native scanner interface in Windows 11 hangs. The workaround is to scan with the USB driver first, then (without exiting) go back, and then scan with the native scanner interface. The first attachment shows a hung screen, whilst the second attachment shows the reported error when you can close the native interface. Cannon says it is not their problem, as their software works in Windows 11. I fear finger-pointing from both parties. The bottom line is that this scanner (and likely other Cannon scanners) does not work with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. scan is "black" using twain drivers HP M225 Laser Jet, showing black when scanning greyscale when i scan color it works???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?