Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. If I want to use these features (and I don't) I'll seek them out. Having to click through distracting dialogue boxes every time I open Acrobat is grating. Please stop using your product to advertise your product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am a doctorate researcher writing my thesis on child protection, I also have ADHD. Wanted to use the AI assistant to help with gathering information but due to content restrictions I was unable to do this.

Understand these are placed for safety reasons, but perhaps have a profession/academic sign up where people can log in with their institution and can use this feature with less restrictions? I work in forensic psychology and know a lot of colleagues who would benefit from this tool but won't be able to use it due to the limited access.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Despite having disabled generative AI in the preferences, it is still not possible to remove or hide the generative AI button. It does not help that I am trying to use Acrobat for academic purposes, for which generative AI is against academic integrity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Generative AI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to count up how many light fittings on lighting drawings for new buildings. Currently unable to as there's generally no words on these pdfs to look at for AI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get that damned AI Assistant button OFF the top of my screen! It keeps popping up right over top of the scroll bar, making it impossible to quickly advance through the first page of a document -- right when all the introductory material I want to skim past is there. Why can't this thing be removed or disabled? The last thing I need is a summary made by a bot with the intelligence of your average high-schooler. This is the most annoying software add-on since "Clippy".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat AI Assistant does not work. I have tried with several PDF files and the answer is always: "Something went wrong. Please try again"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AI Insanity!

Provide a verifiable way to completely remove AI Assistant in Adobe Reader. I do not want an AI anything capturing any financial or other privacy related documents and processing them in the cloud, especially in Beta form. Most users will not read to the point of understanding the cloud aspect of this. This is a ridiculous and even dangerous function to offer, promote and even present to the general user.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love the new AI Assistant feature to support me in my work, making me digest and query large documents faster.

However, when I worked on a document with AI Assistant and I have to leave for some time and then return, I cannot continue within the same "session".

Every subsequent prompt results in a long time to process and eventually ending with an error like: "Something went wrong. Please try again. (apiacrobatdesktopmac24.1.10529_13b94403-b2cc-4f27-8195-802e35e9adde)".
    The only solution is to close and re-open the document to use AI Assistant again, but that also cleans my previous history working…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If we could give a try for our enterprise licence would be great and we might upgrade if it is worth for our clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Naturally, I use adobe acrobat reader mainly for reading pdfs. However, with the new update, I find the big bright colourful button in the top right corner very distracting. Acrobat reader is designed mainly for viewing pdfs, so it would make sense for it to have a streamline user interface that puts emphasis on the pdf being viewed. While that is the strategy adopted by most pdf viewers, it seems like acrobat reader took a turn for the worst and decided to sacrifice user interface in order to force AI features that nobody asked for into their users workflow.
    Please,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We don't want AI in use at our company. We should be able to turn it off for all users and not block domains as suggested by you support team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The AI needs to be upgraded to recognize photographs of frogs better than it already does. It knows that it is a frog, but what type of frog is it? I hope that the upgrade is in Java (not in C).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This whole feature is a distraction. We cannot be so busy that we must now have artificial intelligence helping us with our jobs. The pop-up is always in the way; I can't turn it off no matter what I've tried from the recommendations, including reverting back to the "old" Adobe; the prior version of Acrobat is so old and has been out of use so long, now I'm trying to retrain where to find the simplest tools. I was happily used to using the newer version, until this AI piece was added in. Please get this out of here; it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, guys.
    We knows some tools like https://www.topview.ai can generate video in a few click, with only user input few words, AI can do rest of work. Can Acrobat do this for us?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PLEASE stop making this thing pop up at me. I do not want it. Every time I open a document it bugs me to "summarize" it or give me info on it, but the info it gives is incorrect, wrong, and purely made up. It's a stupid, useless tool built on stolen data. Stop shoving it down my throat. I have no need for a inaccurate summary of anything!! What benefit is that?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create an update option without AI Assistant. Don’t make us remove it: many of us don’t trust having it on there in the first place.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug after using Ai to search for something and when copying the information to the document by Add Text and when returning to the AI it asks to refresh the Ai

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I try AI yesterday and translated a PDF manual to my language and all worked fine, five thumbs up for AI in Acrobat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Obviously, the AI can't work also on multi-language documents with some English pages:

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give an option to remove AI from toolbar and/or to turn off pop-up/tip to users instead of having to rely on admin. It's distracting. At least put an x so we can dismiss the pop-up.

Alternatively, change the color so it isn't so distracting that it causes productivity loss.

I'm at a loss why Adobe would roll that out as a non-optional visual trespass.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?