Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

783 results found

1. Ability to add a button in "Prepare From" that will facilitate the read out loud function, similar to a macros in excel. I button that will launch the "Read out loud" using SHIFT+CTRL+Y and SHIFT+CTRL+B. This would be amazing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

2. I've used Adobe to create pdfs with multiple files for years. It's one of the programs that has been a staple of my office operations. The new Acrobat DC makes navigating to combine files much more difficult. The menu bars are not the same every time I open the program. The program saves in obscure locations on my PC which I never use. While working on combining files it often closes the active deocument while I am searching for the files I need (which weren't saved in the correct location, etc. You have wasted hours of my time. Adobe has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Frequently I need to save newstories and youtube video content. When I used Pro IX, I was able to convert the entire news webpage with the embedded video. Now, most of the time when I try to convert a news webpage, what I get looks like a jumbled version of the webpage with partial photos or placeholders for the photos or video. What happened? It seems like the capability went down. I can't seem to get any video content, and I get all the ads instead of the content I wanted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need an option in acrobat pro to compare multiple files at a single click.(batch processing) for eg. if we have two folders with multiple pdfs, having same file name, we should be able to compare the files in these folders and save to different folder.

or you can provide the Jscript option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make the scrolling FASTER. I'm so use to reading PDFs on Chrome extension now that I'm use to the fast mouse wheel scroll for vertical scrolling. When I open in Acrobat, it's so painful how slow the vertical scroll is. I feel like I have to scroll twice as much with mouse scroll wheel as I do in any other program. Please, please change this.

Also, yes I have continuous page and enable scrolling on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

6. Make Adobe DC a PROFESSIONAL program. It looks like a kindergarten playground. and behaves like I'm a 6 year old. I am offended.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can I only use this version in the Washington, DC area? Really, as a user, I have no idea WTH "DC" is supposed to mean for the app name. Why is it not simply "Acrobat" or "Acrobat Pro" (to distinguish the version with extra features)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Default browsing method is from past, text roll what was used in churches and squeres for the news and informing new things, laws etc.
    For arabic text bacward and reguar browsing method, horisontal, it can be used mouse too but easyly by arrow keys. Now horisontal and vertical are mixup, it causes disfunktion in brain, when you read a book you say forward but in computer you say down, it doesent make sense because in european culture down is back and up is forward, how we understand things. Past is left and future right, at computer same book is backward:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Soumik responded

Due to lack of clarity we are closing this.

9. During long periods of editing documents, it gets glitchy. Turns text to funky characters. Side tool bars get distorted. Then crashes suddenly. Today I worked for 6 hours on a proposal, even making sure I saved it every once and a while to be sure it didn't happen. Guess what! It happened and I lost everything except the part of the document I started with this morning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

If this happens with multiple PDF opened with Adobe Acrobat/Reader, then you may try the troubleshooting steps given below-

• Install the latest update of Adobe Reader. Open Reader>Help>Check for update or refer to- https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

• If this doesn’t help, then Open >Help>Repair Installation.

• If you still face issue, then you may uninstall the application using cleaner tool-https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

10. Can't select files and make combine work, won't clear the print que, won't save files all the time, won't, won't, won't....and won't let me sign in from a different time zone when travelling without changing the time. This is nonsense. Time to look for a version 11 left over....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ザーは固有のリンクを受け取ります。このリンクにアクセスできるすべてのユーザーがこの ファイル を表示で

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Soumik responded

Closing as there’s no response from user.

12. hi I have a problem with macOS high Sierra v10.13.6 when I make export movie on my adobe premiere pro cc v12.1.2 and the problem is that the export take long time to finish,anyone can fix this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I run a lot of scripts on Acrobat and it would be nice to have the tools tab be the one that opens on launch. Currently, I need to do 4 clicks every time I want to run an action script Tools > Action > Choose My Action > Select Files.

Even a shortcut to specific tools would be amazing! You can do this on all other Adobe programs (assign shortcuts) but you cannot do this on Acrobat and it makes my workflow on this program so much slower.

I saw a lot of requests to remove the tools pane,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Great work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The screen gets black/patchy when I try to delete/edit or view lists. I'm on iOS 10.13.6 using Acrobat DC.This has been going on for months. Been hoping for a fix by now. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Using Windows 10, Acrobat 2017 Pro.
    Adobe documentation says Acrobat's Stop Words list can be 500 words but my Preferences -> Catalog -> Stop Words (list box) is always truncated to 199 words if the Preferences dialog es exited then re-entered. And it can be shown that words manually entered beyond 199 words are not excluded from subsequent indexing operations; that is, they WILL be found in a case-sensitive search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is a currently unidentified issue in our organization that is preventing the Adobe Acrobat 2017 PDFMaker Office 2016 add-in from functioning in any office product.
    The add-in shows up in the "Inactive add-ins" tab in the office options. When you try to reactivate the add-in, it fails, give the following error: "Load behavior: Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in". If you delete, and then attempt to reinstall the add-in, the installation will fail giving this next error:" "C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\PDFMaker\Office\x64\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in." We have done complete Uninstall/Reinstall's of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. can't open pdf docs in chrome eve though the plugin is installed, what is the best approach?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Surprised that Adobe does not have pdf management software, or that features are not included in Acrobat, allowing user to sort, prioritize, append notes, etc. to pdf files without having to open, add comment, resave, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.
    Thank you for the patience

20. When I place a vector file (ai, eps) in InDesign, enter alt text in "object export options", then export to pdf the alt text does not carry over into Acrobat DC. When I place a raster file in Indesign and follow the same steps, it does carry over into the pdf file. I had a software engineer take a look and he said that the information is in the pdf in the back end and should display the same as using the raster file. I'd like to use the vector as it gives a crisper version of the scientific figures.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. Your problem looks to be an InDesign issue as they are unable to embed the alt text in the PDF.
    Would request you to post your issue in InDesign forum.
    There is nothing more we can do from Acrobat side.

Thanks
    Tanvi

1 2 9 11 13 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?