Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF

Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF - not to MS/Word or any other MS/Office product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Is this issue happening only with one PayPal transaction file or with other files as well?
    Can you please provide us the details of the following:
    1. Acrobat Version – Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
    a. Go to help → About Acrobat … and take a screenshot
    2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
    3. Input PDF File
    4. Screenshot of the issue or any error you see while performing the Export operation.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Software Engineer
    Adobe Acrobat Team

2. Firefox addon failing to convert

Hello, I recently installed the Acrobat Firefox add on. Here are the issues:

1. it takes an enormous amount of time for the conversion process to complete

2. As you will see in the attached screencast, the "open pdf in acrobat" option is turned off, yet acrobat application opens anyway. either way, you will see that i'm logged into the account and logged in to the document icloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Acrobat PDF maker unable to find Adobe PDF resource files

Adobe Acrobat PDF maker 2017 with Word from O365 windows 10 unable to create PDF files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scanned files on flash drive opening up blank pages after security code is entered correctly. brother scanner scanned to Imphomius FD

Scanned files on flash drive opening up blank pages after security code is entered correctly. brother scanner to Imphomius FD then to Adobe on Mac ....but it works correctly on windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fill & Sign Won't Save File

After I fill in and sign the document, it won't save. The circle just spins forever until I eventually give up. Now I have to physically print the document and then scan it in, very frustrating and costing me time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. In order to better understand the issue can you please provide the following details:

1. Version of your Acrobat.
    2. Are you observing the continuous circle on the save dialog or somewhere else? It will be great if you can share a screenshot.

Regards,
    Sandeep

6. No way to correct OCR errors in Acrobat pro DC

There is a major problem with OCR in Acrobat Pro CD. I have recognized (OCR) text in many documents. They still contain a lot of recognition errors in the hidden text used for search. When I try to use the function/tool "Correct Recognized text" (translated from Norwegian), I get a message saying that there are no suspected errors. It is not possible to correct the remaining errors. This is just stupid, there is no 100% correct OCR program, there are lots of errors in the recognized text. There must be a way to fix the remaining errors, but your technical…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't find toolbars. Super annoying.

Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoom Value display

Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Crash doing OCR

Latest DC, scanning crashes in idrsocr15.dll and if I try to edit a scanned PDF. Scanned PDF and event log entry attached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to turn off whole word selection

When selecting text in Acrobat (for applying a comment or other markup), Acrobat selects whole words (unless you are being particularly careful). It would be good to have the option to turn this off so that we can easily select partial words, starting in the middle of one word and ending in the middle of another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hotfolder

Gesucht ist folgendes: ein Prozess soll einfach einen Ordner alleine überwachen und dann, wenn ein Scanner dort eine Datei ablegt, die OCR-Funktion alleine starten und das Ergebnis in einen anderen Ordner speichern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to search a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year

Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open document without popups aligned to the edge of the document

The popups aligned to the edge of the document make interface difficult to use, is there a way to open without it? Have it turned off but get pdfs from others and it's very very hard to use, to see the comments without opening a huge window, then I have to try to see it and the window I'm editing at the same time. Please make a way to set these inside so I can see them. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. selection does not work anymore

When selecting text or illustrations, ACROBAT DC (v 2019.012) does not highlight anymore, instead the selected object is pixelated in seeming random colors. this makes it impossible to recognize selected text (depending on foreground/background contrast).
    particularly an issue when searching PDF and the highlights can not be seen.
    tried re-installing etc. with no success

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bookmark bar and menu bar

A select feature is needed to choose to automatically hide bookmark bar and anything else the user wants to customise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export to excel typically does not work

The step in the export process in which the tool presents the options related to locations for saving the exported file has a blank screen that never completes the process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On a 4K display used with a smaller logic definition, Acrobat Pro DC mistakes when displaying at actual size

When I specify in the Acrobat DC Preferences a HiDPI definition (163 dpi for a 27" 4K monitor) and when the OSX Mojave is adjusted on a logic definition of 2560x1440 pix, Acrobat mistakes at displaying actual size of PDF: the application displays documents as if the definition was lower. As a consequence the documents on screen appear bigger than they should.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Invoice in CAD for Canadian Companies!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing more frustrating that being invoice in USD when we are in Canada! It is a doable thing to add another currency to an accounting program. SO DO IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Creating PDF from Office 365 Mac MS Word Results in a Network Error Unrelated

Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base