Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Now that I can no longer license Acrobat Std / Pro per device, Adobe must provide customers analytics to ensure I'm not wasting my subscriptions on named users who aren't using them. If I think of a named user subscription like a water tap, I need to ensure the spigot is not left open unnecessarily and wasting water. Please develop analytics (like others have) that tell me if a named user who has an Acrobat Pro subscription is using any Pro functionality, and how frequently. Same for Acrobat Standard subscriptions. This will allow me to re-assign unused subscriptions instead of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Now that Acrobat Std and Pro are licensed per named user, and not by device, there is no need to have separate installs of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Std / Pro. There should be just one install that I can put on every single computer. If the user doesn't sign in with an Adobe ID (or enterprise/federated ID) they get access to Reader functionality. If they sign in and their ID has been assigned a Std subscription, they get to use Std functionality. If they sign in and their ID has been assigned a Pro subscription, they get to use Pro…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Checker flags link in a table cell as invalid. (<Link> and <Link - OBJR> in a table <TD> cell). I believe this is not a failure point and should not be flagged. Would appreciate a review of this check and a note regarding which protocol is the reason if I am incorrect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add an option (like in Photoshop or InDesign) where the open document opens in explorer (see german screenshot "Im Explorer anzeigen"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 years ago, Adobe programmed that the Tags panel would have Undo. That was very helpful.

But we also need to Undo in the Order and Contents panels, too.

When remediating PDFs to meet accessibility guidelines and laws, people work in the Order and Content panels, too, not just in the Tags panel. As in any workflow, we sometimes need to undo what we just did.

Right now, we must revert to the previously saved version which might go back too far and not be helpful at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New problem today, 3/7/19 I can no longer save a Word doc as a PDF optimized for electronic distribution. The Word doc itself doesn't seem to matter, happens with different fonts etc.
    In Word, attempt to File -> Save As -> PDF with Best for Electronic Distribution option selected fails with the message Can't Export File. There are three workarounds: 1)Save As PDF with Best for Printing option, 2)Print -> Print to PDF, or 3)click the Acrobat tab in Word and Create PDF icon upper left.
    my setup:
    Mac OS 10.14.3
    Word 16.16.7
    Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have been seriously facing trouble since there is no available method to log/ trace users with Adobe products in order to determine whether they are actually using the product assigned to them, whether they need checking from their last log in time. This brings forth a lot of misuse of licenses and malpractice of assigned licenses remainig unused due to the unavailability of such feature.
    This becomes specially difficult when its an Enterprise account and there are thousands of users to be managed.

Please add-in a feature soon where the admin, depending on access control, can check for users'…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Has the issue with PDFMaker crashing with Office 2016 and Office 365 on Windows been fixed? The workaround provided in your article acknowledging this issue (see link below) did not suffice, and we had to remove the Acrobat plugin from our MS Office 365. In so doing, we lost the added bookmarking features available via your plug in. The rules for California Court Filings require bookmarking, which that plug in helps automate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html#temp_problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently have subscription licensed on two machines. Upgrading one machine and need three machine use for a period of time so that I can methodical migrate to the new machine rather than clutter it with years of outdated data & files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accessibility with NVDA / JAWS: for a data table that spans multiple pages in large files:
    UsingAcrobat Reader DC Version 2019.010.20098 on Windows 10 laptop
    At present my experience is that the table is not exposed as a continuous table.
    Consider a 3 column table.
    Only on the first page on which the table begins, the column headers are read as one switches columns.
    For an NVDA or JAWS user, every subsequent page seems to have a distinct 3 column table with x or y rows and the column headers on the first row of the table on the start…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Mac O.S 10.13.6: the selection color is by default blue, it is not taking the system color . Tried with Acrobat XI pro and even Acrobat Reader same thing. Checked in Mac o.s : 10.14 as well, the same .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when pressing the center button on the mouse currently it allows 4 way scrolling option. It would be better for my use if it could be mapped to the hand tool instead of always having to switch back to the hand tool(for left click)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello John,
    Thanks for reporting your concern to us. I had escalated the issue to then higher management. We have kept it in our radar and will implement it in the near future.

Thanks

13. Need to be able to hide or resize the intrusive pane ("Create PDF"; "Combine Files"; etc.) on the operator's RIGHT. It consumes valuable screen space. Make it available when needed and GONE when not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File, edit etc. missing when you open documents. So annoying! Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When opening a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac, have an option to let the customer decide the default opening size. Right now, the application opens to FULL SCREEN, when it would be much more convenient to have the opening to a smaller size, such as 100% of the page width (such as 8.5 "). When working on more than one document and opening the PDF to check a point, it is very annoying to have the PDF load in full screen, blocking all other things on the desktop, including the customer's primary document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please consider revising your subscription pricing structure. It is too high for people who need it for hh use or even for students. Also, please consider making more of your products one-time purchases.

Thank you,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The current two machine limit is much lower than what is offered by other subscription services. iTunes allows 5 per account, for example. Having one person use 3 machines regularly is not uncommon. I use a work desktop, a home office desktop, and less frequently, a laptop when traveling. It is very inconvenient to have to constantly sign in and out on these machines. I would urge Adobe it increase it's limitation to 3-5 machines per license purchased.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My attempts to use Acrobat were the most frustrating experience of my 31 years on Macs. The program crashed constantly. Simple operations proved to be obtuse and non-intuitive and the layout of the tools, together with the process of interacting with the program, is very badly thought out. The tools page opens a page of cheesy icons resembling something from a children’s book, and why, for example, would anyone hide the ability to insert a rectangle under ‘comments’? Crazy.
    I spent almost a whole day (consulting Adobe help files and online sources) just trying to bring an image to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I just had my computer repaired which required a migration of my old computer SSD to a new SSD. Before that, I used to be able to open up several PDF files at the same time in their own window, which is how I like to work as I frequently have to review multiple documents at the same time. I would like to know if that option still exists and if not I would like it back please.

Also, the icons have changed on my desktop (why; that was your brand and was easy to depict from other doc files?).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    For openign several PDF files at the same time in their own window you can
    1)open the preferences box by going to edit menu > click on preferences or by pressing ctrl+k
    2) In categories select ‘General’
    3) In basic tools uncheck ’Open documents as new tabs in the same window.

For “fit a page to the full Adobe view screen” you can
    1) Right click and select ‘Document properties’
    2) Click on Initial view tab and select your preference in ‘Layout and Magnification’

I hope this will help you.

20. When managing plans, it would be most helpful to be able to rename devices. The names assigned by Adobe can be cryptic at best. Furthermore, it appears that imay have created two registered devices for the same device once when I installed one app, and a second when I installed another app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?