[BUG] Filled form-field contents only visible after clicking into the form-field when receiving a filled out form from Mac Users
When a docx is saved as a PDF (by Microsoft Word 2019 MSO (16.0.12624.20348) 64bit) and form-fields are added in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042, and the resulting PDF with formfields is then filled out and saved using Preview.app 2020.006.20042 on a Mac, the resulting PDF hides the filled out content of form-fields. Clicking into the filled form field reveals the contents. The PDF renders fine in other PDF viewer implementations.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty word document and save it as a PDF.
2. Open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and add a form field
3. Save the PDF and open it with Preview.app
4. Fill out the form field and save the changes
5. Open the saved document with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Result: Formfield contents are hidden behind a blue screen in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC; Other PDF viewers render this correctly, see attached screenshot from Chrome.
Expected results: Contents of the filled form fields are immidiately readable.
- invisible: screenshot of filled out PDF before clicking into the form field
- visible: screenshot of the filled out PDF after clicking into the form field
- test-pdf-formfield: Created PDF with formfield
- test-pdf-formfield-filled: Filled PDF showing display errors in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Preview.app screenshot of the filled PDF
- chrome-rendering.jpg: Screenshot of the PDF rendered in chrome