Interactive button does not load destination page correctly
In an interactive PDF created from InDesign, interactive buttons do not load the destination page correctly when the PDF is viewed using the newest version of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader on a Mac.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1)Create a 2 page document in InDesign
2)Fill the second page with placeholder text
3)Create a bookmark for the second page
4)Create a button on the first page
5)Set the button event to On Click
6)Set the button action to Go To Destination
7)Set the destination to the bookmark you created in step 3
8)Export an interactive PDF
9)Open the PDF and click the button.
Mac 10.15 (OS version appears to be irrelevant), Intel Mac, Acrobat 2021.007.20091 (this bug appears to be new to this release)
Clicking the button loads the destination page.
Clicking the button only displays a portion of the destination page in the shape of the button.
• This problem did not exist until recently, possibly the 20091 release
• This problem can be resolved by using an On Release action instead of an On Click action.
• This problem does not occur in Acrobat for Windows
• This problem does not occur when viewing with a web browser
• This problem occurs slightly different on an M1 Mac: The desination page does load, but there is a noticeable lag where only a portion of the destination page loads.
Here you go. The buttons in Menu 1 are set to "On Click" to demonstrate the problem. The buttons in Menu 2 are set to "On Release or Tap" and function correctly.
Thanks for reporting the issue to us.
Can you please share few sample issue files with us, so that we can reproduce it on our side?