Action Wizard - Can No Longer Drag-and-Drop Selected Files from Windows File Explorer
In Acrobat X Pro, users were able to drag and drop files from File Explorer onto the "Select Files" window of a selected action. That functionality is not working in Acrobat DC Pro (2022.002.20191).
- Activate an action that prompts for files.
- For legacy-version actions, notice that a window appears. For actions created with the current version of Acrobat, notice that the right pane displays the details of the active action, and the active file (if one was open before step 1).
- For legacy version actions, click the "Next" button. Notice that the "Select Files" window appears as expected.
- Drag a PDF file from File Explorer, to the "Select Files" window (legacy version actions), or to the "Files to be processed" box in the right pane (current-version actions). At this point, the cursor shows "Copy".
- Drop the file in the box. At this point the user expects to see the file added to the list of files to process.
- Notice that in the legacy version actions the dragged file is NOT added to the list, and in the current version actions, the file just immediately opens in Acrobat and the Actions Wizard disappears.
- For current-version actions, repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Click the "Add Files" button.
- Browse to select the files to add.
- Click the "Open" button. Notice that the files are added to the list.
- For more files in other folders, repeat steps 8-10.
Notice that in Acrobat X Pro, by dragging and dropping from multiple windows, search results, etc. adding files was very rapid and easy. But, in the current version of Acrobat DC Pro, it is much slower and far more cumbersome to do.
This new behavior is very frustrating and makes doing batch jobs much more difficult - especially when trying to add files from search results in File Explorer or file management (e.g. PDM) software. A task that was easily accomplished quickly for many files in different directories/storage locations is now a tedious, repetitive, slower, and more difficult task.
Please restore the drag-and-drop functionality that existed in Acrobat X Pro.