Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

43 results found

1. "Add Checkmark" does not work. also, the entire interface is super sluggish. I mean, super sluggish.

Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 21.7.20091.452411
    AGM: 4.30.110
    CoolType: 6.0.0
    JP2K: 2.0.1.49214

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.007.20099) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

2. For the last two weeks or since the last "visible" Acrobat Pro update, the Comment Set Status flyouts don't show up at all (but sometimes they do). Turning on the check box in the app preferences does not "wake up" the feature (an idea of mine that did not work ...besides, trying to toggle the check box is also dead). I had posted this problem here already (see below) but the Admin, Arvind, marked it "solved" because I told him it was... but it was not.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44150748-set-status-dead-after-latest-update

This issue seems to show up intermittently; sometimes, it resolves itself after relaunching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After the latest update (2021.007.20091) the SetStatus fly-out in "Comment" told is 100% dead. No fly-out shows up so there's no way to change that status to anything...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please provide an option to keep a stamp selected to use multiple times in a row. For instance, I use stamps to place checkmarks on documents and I have to click the stamp each time I want to place it as it deselects after every placement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can achieve this by pin tool option.
    Please find the steps:
    -Open any PDF
    -Load comment app
    -Click on Stamp tool icon and then click on any stamp —> Stamp gets selected
    -Click on the pin tool icon(see the attached snapshot for reference)
    -Now apply stamp, it will not get deselected.

Kindly let us know if it helps or you need more info.

Regards,
    Arvind Yadav

5. when using the comment tool with text, the text properties appears, if it is changed it disappears and wont come back until I close the tool and reopen the comment tool

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

6. When I create a text box and then have to move it, no amount of single or double clicking will let me type text in the box. You can see in the attached movie that the cursor appears briefly, but then it disappears.

The only way to deal with it is to delete the box, recreate it, and hope that it will let you type text this time.

(The problem with that **** trash can has been covered separately.)

I work on books and have to make these text boxes hundreds of times a day. The added time it takes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In previous versions the Ctrl+F box would appear and you would type your text and hit enter. When searching your next text using the Ctrl+F shortcut would automatically highlight the last search text so you could automatically start typing your new 'find' text. With the new update, it doesn't highlight the last search text, instead it puts the cursor at the end of your last text making you backspace the text or stop and click to highlight the text. This is a huge efficiency loss!! Please help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Acrobat and Reader (Version: 2019.012.20036). Please update your applications to the latest version and let us know if you’re facing any issues.

For getting the latest version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘Check for Updates…’.
    – Update your application to the latest version and verify that the latest version is 2019.012.20036

For getting the version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC…’.

Thanks
    Aakash, Adobe Acrobat DC Team

8. I can choose 'no color' in the properties dialog box for shapes, but this option is not available in the quick tools color change drop-down box. If I want a blank fill, I have to open the detailed properties dialog box every time. Can you add a 'no fill' color to the quick tools drop-down?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You used to be able to click on Draw Line and it would remain on until you clicked it off. Please bring this back. It is a pain to keep having to clicking every time you draw a line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When selecting edits in the Comments panel with the new 2019 Acrobat Pro DC, the background of an active comment is in a light gray screen. My previous versions of Acrobat Pro displayed selected comments in a light color, which made them easier to read and locate when working on a document that has hundreds/thousands of comments. This should be added as a global preference option in the Comments panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use.
    As part of this update, we have changed the background color of the active comment as dark grey color to differentiate from other comments.
    On hovering other comments, the background color of the comment changes to light grey to bring the comment in focus.

However we will consider your suggestion for future updates.

11. having 3 steps to complete a comment is now REALLY frustrating. when it was just a check box on the comment it was alot smarter and quicker. not sure why this was hidden in a menu 2 layers down.
    Suggest putting it back on the actual comment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. in Acrobat Pro DC latest version (19.008.20080) the comment bubble open automatically, there is some way to avoid it??

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make the pop-up open without text. If I want them to replace the text, why would that text come into the comment pop-up? Please, change all the highlighted and replace text pop-ups so they have not copy in them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat CC 2019 removed this feature, which was essential for my workflow as a book designer who shuffles through hundreds of revisions from different editors on a single document.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a commnet.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

PLEAES FIX

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  195 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be inability to stamp a sheet with a keyboard command is mind-boggling.I know I can select the stamps options menu with Command K but from there that is no way with the keyboard to apply the stamp to a page. This dramatically lengthens my workflow when having to apply stamps to multiple sheets in the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In Acrobat 9, it was very easy to mark a comment as checked. You simply right-clicked on it and chose "Mark with Checkmark." Alternatively, there were also two different places in the Handy Commenting Toolbar to mark the comment as checked.

Sadly, in Acrobat X and going forward, the right-click > Mark as Checked feature was removed, as was the handy Commenting toolbar. So now the only way to mark something as checked is in the giant comment list (which is now by default vertical, as opposed to horizontal.

Instead, Acrobat has moved the only option for commenting over to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In a previous version of Acrobat (I believe it was version 9) it was possible to filter comments by color. Please bring back this feature, it was one of the most useful features of Adobe Acrobat. As a technical author, I need to add lots of different comments that are directed to different people. Some are only relevant for the illustrators, some for the developers, others for fellow writers, etc.
    Sometimes I also categorize the status of comments by color. E. g.:
    - green --> done
    - orange --> needs some clarification
    - red --> can't/won't be done

Without the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Third time this week. Working on an existing PDF with commenting tools, and when I go to save, I get the message that the file cannot be saved. Try to save as, as suggested, and get the message that there's a file error, then the text of the file disappears. (Spread in screenshot is two solid pages of text.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The company I work for uses a lot of text boxes when marking up client PDF files obtained during our audits. The lack of ability to set a default font size, color, and style for every text box we add is very time consuming. I realize there is still a feature to set the default text box fill and outline, however I do not want 12-point RED font as my predetermined default every time I choose to add a text box. PLEASE bring this feature back!

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3