Feature request / Bug report

PLEASE Don't make the user go through a menu to check off a comment! You DOUBLE the time it takes to go through comments.

PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a commnet.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

PLEAES FIX

230 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

183 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Uwe Laubender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ammar wrote:
        " If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates."

Tried that and the "update failed". Got exactly that error message.
        Went to: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-errors-acrobat-reader-windows.html

There was no specific error number. I'm on Creative Cloud. The helpx page is for perpetual versions, I think.

Should I uninstall Acrobat Pro DC and reinstall through the Creative Cloud Desktop App?

German Windows 10 machine.

Regards,
        Uwe Laubender
        ( ACP )

• astwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to update on the 11 Dec and got an error. Tried again just now and got an 'error: 1791' again!

• AdminAmmar (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,
        With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th December, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

We have provided a preference “Show checkbox” under commenting preference to show the checkbox.

Feel free to connect in case of any query.

Regards,
        Ammar

• AdminAmmar (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,
        With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th December, 2018, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product. Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

We have provided a preference "Show checkbox" under commenting preference to show the checkbox.

Feel free to connect in case of any query.

Regards,
        Ammar

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What everyone else has already sad about this crazy decision regarding the previously easily accessible checkbox and hide it somewhere well out of sight. WTF were you thinking, Adobe? It was just fine the way it was before. BRING IT BACK NOW!

Going from one-click to three is not streamlining my process. Please bring back the checkbox or incorporate a shortcut.

• Jon Hilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to now properly dynamically filter by the checkbox - which is completely separate from the other sorting - but it still doesn't dynamically filter by the other sorting options (accepted, cancelled, completed). Not that I plan to use that function, since it would triple the time to review documents, but it may still be an item of concern for others.

YAY FINALLY, thank you for bringing the option to show checkboxes again, Adobe. I didn't get a pop-up though, I just saw @M. Martin's comment and went into my preferences (THANK YOU @M. Martin!!!)

The Box you can check now is not the same, as accepted, it is just a box – not ideal for filtering e.g.

• M. Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YAYYYY thank you, Adobe!

This morning I got a little pop-up that asked if I'd like to keep check boxes on at all times. YESSSS.
        I did this by going to Edit Menu>Preferences>Commenting. There's now a box you can check (lolol) to keep the check box in view at all times.

All the actions for the new checkmark system are bizarre and unintuitive. There are now multiple types of checkboxes (which is fine) but they're all are hidden by default. I have to drop into set of scrollboxes to reach them. Once present, some can be removed by mouse-hovering over them and clicking "remove check box," but other's can't. Overall, I think the change makes my editing life more difficult, not less.

• Ian Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Utterly stupid UI design decision. As other have said, and as we all seem to observe on a regular basis, it far too often feels like Adobe's developers don't actually use their own software to do the kind of jobs they're supposedly designed for.

Ah another awful decision made arbitrarily by people at Adobe, who don't use their software like the professionals do. Good job removing comment check boxes, that was a asinine decision, one of many lately Adobe has made. The 2019 version of CC, feels like steps backwards in many ways. Don't get me started with Indesign, what a big step backward. Adobe arrogance strikes again!

PlEeEEEeeeeaseee fix ASAP. We need the one-click checkbox to do our work faster / more efficiently.

Thank you!

Allez bougez-vous et réparez votre erreur ! On ne devrait pas avoir besoin de vous supplier, je vois bien trop de "please" sur les forums vous demandant simplement d'être intelligents.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
      Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base