Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. I would like to use my 2-in-1 for reading PDFs, but I want to swipe left and right to change the page. It currently only supports swiping up and down, which is extremely counter intuitive!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The "Save" function for saving a pdf is extremely annoying, it behaves like "Save as". And from googling I see this is "as designed"??? Why would you design the "Save" function to behave like "Save as". It's like 4-5 clicks to save one pdf! I see others complaining about this also. Why would such a big company design it this way one wonders..when every other program uses "Save" as they're supposed to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When having multiple tabs open from diferent PDF documents, would be nice to have to option to save current session to close the program and be able to reopen as left in the previous state. Sometimes Windows is requiring a restart for updates and you don´t want to loose all the documents open for the next day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why comes the "Save as..." dialog when going to File - Save?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After a recent update, all user interface is getting rendered with wrong (very small) text size, on a setup with text scale 150% (4K 40" monitor).

Note that the window caption bar is rendered with correct text size, because it's done by USER.DLL

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i Enable pdf Thunbnail previews but it doesn't show a preview in file explorer. i send an image to explain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since I do not use these buttons, and can use keyboard shortcut I want to remove them as when have muti-windows open and Reader is small portion of screen, the only visible tools are not useful. Other windows may not be Reader. The only useful tools are the find and page. This worked well in older versions of reader and acrobat in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Speech to text feature to fill out a pdf form on Reader Dc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello,

I have usually opened few pdf files on my 3rd monitor (datasheets, manuals,etc - documentation for somethig that I work on right now), I also send inquires and initialize orders for things I need to... When I open pdf with invoices/inquires those files tends to move the Adobe Reader window to my center (primary) monitor and resize it (and change zoom) - it drives me mad.
    I did a bit research and this must happens because those files have defined so called "InitialView", so here is my petition:

Add option that prevent window Adobe Reader DC from moving and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Adobe updates (downloaded 9/17/20) always give an "out of suffix" warning before opening a file. The problem occurs when trying to open a file for viewing and when generating a new PDF from another program. The warning is not causing issues within the PDF itself, it's just annoying to have to click "Ok" several times on this warning every time before being able to open a file. It is also unclear what the warning means or what it affects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to keep a toolbar displayed. I have to constantly go to View<Tools<Comment<Open to display the Comments toolbar.

I should have the option of keeping that toolbar open and have it persist even to another session using the software, until I instruct otherwise.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to save a PDF in only one click.
    Currently, I have to click 3 times. I click on save.
    1. The 'Save as' windows open (this window is a fraud btw).
    2. Then I have to click on the folder that I want.
    3. Then I have to confirm the file name in the right folder.
    Other softwares (such as Foxit) allow to simply save in one click my PDF in its original folder. As simple as that.
    Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there a way to save multiple open documents to as a book mark? I often open multiple documents which are located in various places. It would be great to be able to save a session/project so that I can return to all those documents when I continue working on that project!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Almost all other file cloud sharing and editing programs including OneDrive are able to create a cloud files access folder on the directory of the computer itself. They have had it for a while now and it is time that Adobe include have the same feature for Document Cloud. This can can clearly be achieved and should be included in an update considering the price paid to use this service. Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please remove the 'Content Preparation Progress' dialog. It is very annoying and provides no value what so ever.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I signed in using the wrong email account. When I tried to sign out so that I could sign in with the correct account, the service would not allow me to sign out until I had agreed to sign up for a seven day trial on the initial account. It seems like a very bad design to not let users sign out until they agree to a trial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) is a Microsoft rights management solution. Users of Azure Information Protection and other Microsoft Information Protection solutions can use Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to read labeled and protected content. Plug-in

want to view under each PDF's taps to view all MIP classification for easy usage.
    similarly as Microsoft Office word Document
    the MIP classification shows under the Ribbon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the DDE command "DocGoToNameDest" is called in Reader DC 2021 x64 (Win10 Pro 21H1 x64) by a x86 program, the Reader crashes. The same call in the x86 and earlier Reader versions works without any problems.
    The DDE command "DocOpen" works in the x64 version without any problems, that is, the handle to conversation is correct.
    In addition, the x64 Reader is only entered in the registry under "Computer \ HKEYCURRENTUSER \ SOFTWARE \ Adobe \ Adobe Acrobat" and not in "... \ Acrobat Reader" and requires "acroviewA21" instead of "acroviewR21" as the service name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (21.007.20091) is Live now and this Takes care of this bug.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

1. Open the attached document, which is a dishwasher manual, in Acrobat reader, and search for the word "floor". It will not be found. However, it's present in the document on page 6 in the bottom of the left column.

2. In Reader, go to the page 6 and copy to clipboard the line beginning with "When the GREEN LIGHT"'; then open Notepad and paste. You will see the space in the middle of the word "floor".

So it looks like the text has a space in the middle, although the word appears in Reader without the space. This makes more difficult…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keep the Comment tool bar permanently open on starting up adobe.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?