Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. When multiple documents is opened in multiple tabs in Acrobat Reader, and when hover mouse over the Reader icon on the taskbar, it shows multiple windows in preview instead of one window. It would be a good thing to add that as a option so that behavior is similar as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox which shows one window and active tab instead of multiple windows in the taskbar. It is really struggle to deal with multiple documents and when you want to restore minimized Reader window to the last opened tab.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need to read a PDF while using others apps at the SAME TIME; Reading the documentation of the other program from a PDF file.

I don't need toolbars. I dont' need status bars. I don't need menu bars.

I can press ctrl-f If I want to search for something, I can press ctrl-p if I want to print the document. I don't need a buttons or search bars for those to be constantly visible.

If I need to use ANY other functionality, I can right-click and all that functionality could be put into that right-click menu.

I ONLY WANT…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be useful to have arrows like in web browsers to move smoothly in documents with cross-references and bookmarks.
    I am a latex user and often in pdfs produced by latex for scientific documents there are hyperlinks for equations, figures and bibliographical references in text. It would be useful in reading, once you have checked the reference to be able to go back.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After using "Fill & Sign" I get this error message. (See the attached picture.) This error is caused by only one PDF document which is not possible to upload there due to copyright restrictions. (It is a drawing for production.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dark Mode. Just like the mobile / android version has. Change documents with white background into dark / black background, and dark text into bright text.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I created a form using Adobe Acrobat 9. I added a java script in the background to alert the user of any fields that were not filled out, including multiple signature lines. I tested the form frequently, using Acrobat 9, pro and reader DC, and it worked perfectly. Now I am getting reports from the users(using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC), that they are getting an error message stating that the signature lines need to be populated when the lines have the signatures inserted already.

All users using the latest version of Adobe Reader DC, this issue occurred after the latest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please, add a traductor for sentences and documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So I have noticed that the arrow key scrolling when using the hand tool has somewhat inconsistent increment sizes. If I press the up or down arrow key once the distance scrolled is about half a line. If I hold down an arrow key to begin the fast scrolling, then let go and continue pressing the arrow keys rapidly, the increment is more like a line and a half.

I find this inconsistency extremely annoying, especially since the fast scrolling is redundant because of the page jumping that is achievable with the left and right arrow keys, and that the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Adobe Reader DC version 2021.001.20145 on Windows 10 a message box pops up about percentage of Toner saved. "Upto 15% of Toner has been saved while printing this PDF". The word "Upto" is missing a space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 다중 이용 인쇄 업체를 운영하는 사람입니다.
    여러 사용자가 이용 하다보니 흑백,칼라 출력시 비용 다툼의 여지가
    많습니다.

아니면 프로그램 종료시 초기 설정으로 돌아갈 수 있도록
    변경해주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If we don't know meaning of the word while reading in a document then there must be search by web option along with the copy tab or you can simply add Dictionary into Adobe so that it will become more user friendly and more helpful to the person who is in need to search that meaning.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add option to change word lookup from dictionary.com to Google or any local dictionary we choose.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello,

It would be nice to have the hand tool navigation on touchscreens include options for continuous pinch zoom (at the time of writing, the app zooms in steps) and momentum scrolling.

These features already work using a MacBook touchpad (for example).

Kind regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. please add and allow the cursor to change. I am visually impaired and have enlarged Window mouse pointer. When mouse pointer gets into the Reader, it "disappeared" and was so small and hard to follow!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I work with many files in Acrobat Reader, like 5 files, the same files for days together. I would love to have an option where I can make Acrobat remember the files that I opened in the last session and restore the same with a single click (like that we get "Restore" when the program crashes and we open in just after that. This is simple but saves a lot of time from user end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, click-hold and dragging with the middle mouse button results (hand symbol with four arrows) in the document scrolling at a (rather extreme) rate of speed that is determined how far away your cursor is from where you first clicked the button. The document will scroll continuously until you either move your cursor back closer to its initial location, or release the mouse button.
    I would much prefer the behavior to be like what you get when you hold space and then click and drag with the left mouse button. I.e., you "drag" the document around with the mouse, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using Reader DC 2021.001.20145 on Windows 10 (20H2) in Desktop mode (tablet mode off).

When accessing system menu (restore, move, size, minimize, maximize, close) by clicking icon in upper left of window, the menu items work fine. But when accessing the same menu from the taskbar (hover, wait for popup, right-click on pop-up), the functions are ignored (minimize, move, size), act differently (close), or act strangely (maximize).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is very inconvenient and time consuming to make multiple clicks in order to zoom in or out the document. In the older versions they were separate and easily accessible. Drop down menu style is really exhausting and time consuming for these kind of basic operations. Please separate the zoom buttons !

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's very essential more than helpful to stick the comment toolbar always on the menu so that we do not have to open it each time we open a document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In your recent update these features no longer seem to properly work:

PDF Thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer : this use to show the first page in a PDF as a JPG image. It no longer does.

Text in dialog boxes becomes small when document is open. Can no longer change the size of the fonts in these dialog boxes. They change to very small font sizes when a document is opened, difficult to read

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?