Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. Hi,

We have installed the latest Adobe Reader(2021.005.20048) and the MIP plugin(AIPPlugin2100520048RdrDC.msi). Now we can view the banner, but a label name is not correctly displayed in the banner. There is a problem with turkish character in the label name as seen in the attached screenshot.

A label below should be “İç Kullanıma Özel\Kişisel Veri”. This seems a bug of MIP plug-in when it retrieves and displays label names in Turkish.

Can you recommend us any solution to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Previously when i had fullscreen view on (ctrl+L) and would then open a new document from second monitor while the other was still on fullscreen view, it would open the new document in fullscreen as well. Ever since the latest update when opening a new document the program exits fullscreen view no matter what kind of settings i have on.

Steps to reproduce

1. open pdf file
    2. go to fullscreen view with CTRL+L
    3. open a new pdf

Expectation: new document to be opened in fullscreen
    Observed resul: program exits full screen when openin a new document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.
    However, this Change has been done explicitly with this release update.

This is done because previously there was a bug(ADC-4100538) that on opening the 2nd PDF when a pdf is already launched in Full screen View, The Top Toolbar, The Left hand navigation pane and the Right hand taskpane used to appear clipped which is undesired behavior.

As a part of Fixing this bug, we now switch out the view from Full screen view if User switches to any existing PDF Tab or Launches another PDF.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns in this ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain
    Acrobat Team

4. Requiring 6 characters on a password is unnecessary and hurts the user-friendly nature of the program. This decision is asinine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recently it appears that a "feature" was added to Reader DC such that whenever you open a PDF, the editing toolbar with a button to click for a free 7 day trial of Acrobat, which looks ugly and unprofessional. The client would have to click an arrow to the right to move it out of the way, or go into View-Read Mode to see the uncluttered document. Or use full screen which is unwieldy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow the option for Windows default cursor. It is impossible to find the cursor set that is default in a document. That little Cross cursor gets lost so easily and I have to move mouse from one end to the other until something reacts and lets me know where it is then try to guess its location as I move towards my click.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a company uses MIP to protect a PDF file and sends that file to an external consumer's (a user at an @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc) email address, that user experiences an error when attempting to open the protected document as the Adobe MIP Plugin tries to log the user into the Adobe Inc Azure Active Directory and fails.

While the user can then dismiss the error message and still consume the content, this should be transparent and align with the experience of opening an MIP-protected Office document in the same scenario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When the above option is selected the hightlighting of the current bookmark should follow the reading, i.e. the hightlighted bookmark should be synchronous to the currently read text. This was the case in former Readers but does not work any more.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. environment: Windows 10
    Need a feature which can translate PDF text from Russian to Dutch, Russian to English please.
    As the PDFs aren't like Obama's bc; I can't just open layers in Illustrator to copy & paste, then use a google translator. Plus, with crochet patterns, meaning is everything.
    For now I am paying a lady in Petrograd to do the English trans for me. Thanks, research0digo a/t gee male!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In February version of Acrobat Reader, a blue button that invite us to try acrobat pro is visible. But in a Corp environnement this is not suitable.

The button is visible even if acrobat Pro is installed on computer.

Please give us a setting to hide this button.

Attachement : screenshot of button

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suggestions for this feature:
    1. Add read out loud to the toolbar for easier access, including pause and play options.The read out loud feature is currently very inaccessible from the "view" drop down menu.
    2. Allow user to choose where to start reading and stop reading by highlighting text, rather than the limited ability to only read full pages / the entire document
    3. Upgrade voice - please consider adding a more adaptive voice to the program for read out loud. the system default is not pleasant for listening and we know the technology exists to have more advanced AI…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. I went though all the requests suggested by you. I would like to inform you that :
    For #1, Shortcut keys exist for Pause, Play like Ctrl+Shift+Y/V/B.
    For #2, the feature is supported. Click on any paragraph after enabling Read Out Loud and it will read the paragraph. For specific content read, we have informed the management and have been kept in radar for future improvements.
    For #3, you can add the voices though system language setting and the voices will be visible in Acrobat if they exists on system.
    For $4, we have informed the management and have been kept in radar for future improvements.

Try the latest enhancements and features on the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. If you put the cursor mark in the text of a pdf, then click out of the window while the cursor mark is black, it will remain black on the page frozen until you click that spot again. This can be repeated infinitely, making a bunch of black marks on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I open different PDF files, the file names does not appear in the Adobe Reader tabs (as tooltip)! A simple example: if I have two copies of a tax form, one for me and one for my wife (with different file names), when I opened them in Adobe, the name appears the same and it shows the type of form only (form name only and not the file name) for both of them. When working with some files (e.g. I am opening some different standards to read at the same time), it is hard to find the one you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The collapsed Right Tool Pane violates usability principles. To quickly scroll a page, users can no longer just drag the mouse cursor all the way Right, to click on the Right scroll bar. This would probably take only 1 sec. With the annoying Right Tool Pane collapsed, nesting right beside the Right scroll bar, users must now carefully drag the mouse cursor, take aim so-as-to not click on the Right collapsed pane, then can he/ she click on the right scroll bar. This is really slow and inefficient.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to tick a box in preference so that it becomes possible to open all pdf documents in read mode by default, and revert back to a more complete mode only when needed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. large file with 2D graphics with areas of transparency is displayed with long delays compared to competing for software. I have Intel UHD 630 graphics and NVidia MX150 which is great for games with full HD resolution. There are also no problems with UHD. On the other hand, displaying in Adobe a 2D file when scrolling, zooming in or out has delays of up to a second!
    No options in the graphics acceleration panel. Was not found.
    This software uses only one GPU not even in full. Furthermore, 3D graphics work excellent but not 2D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have accessibility settings for mouse cursor in windows, big red cursor because I don't see little white/black cursor. In adobe reader it disappear hovering to document, it turn into tiny black cross-hair. Please keep it as i set it in windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Most people are moving to Microsoft Edge Chromium and within our company we plan to move to this browser as a default.
    These new chromium browsers don't support Active x and OBH's.

Currently the Adobe Extension from the Chrome Web Store seems to be the only Extension Solution to open PDF's from Edge Browsers but all this does is open the document in the installed Application and not within the existing Frame, as the Extension previously would.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get rid of the tools pane by default. No one I have ever met wants it there by default. Please get rid of it.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?