Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Using Acrobat PRO DC 19.008.20074
    When I open Adobe, Combine files, add the files I want to combine, either PDF or other word, excel, etc, click on Combine. What I end up with is a "PORTFOLIO". The thumbnails are all visible on the navigation pane but the actual PDF that was supposed to contain all the pages I just combined, there is only the first page, no other pages. I create Board packets with this feature. It has become a big headache. How do I get this to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I really need Clearscan back. I don't want editable texts, but I just want characters to be smoothed out. I feel that there should be an option for this. I am Japanese, and usually scan Japanese characters. Editable texts might work for alphabets, but not really for Asian characters. I upgraded from Acrobat XI to Acrobat to Acrobat pro 2017, but scanning experience with this 2017 version was the worst as far as ocr was concerned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How to shift page from left to right ? (The bar at the bottom of the screen is greyed and not accessible.) Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When in accesibility/high contrast mode, white horizontal lines will appear over the black background at random segments of the document as you scroll up/down. Deactivating 2D graphics accelerator solved the issue for me. I have a GTX 1080 Max-Q.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I cannot permanently close the tool pane. There is no "Open Tools Pane for Each Document" option to turn off in Edit >> Preferences >> Documents. When I manually close the tool pane with a document open, close the document and reopen it, the tool pane doesn't "stick" closed. It's open again. I am rarely, if ever, going to use anything in the tool pane. It's large and annoying. I don't want to see it every time I open a document. How do I get the tool pane to go away without having to manually close it with every document…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would gladly pay $5/month for the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro, but $15/month is far too high for the amount I use the software. Also, I would appreciate it if you would simply provide the subscription option of "Three months free" instead of waiting for me to cancel my subscription before offering me better pricing for your product. It feels like you're trying to dupe me as a customer when you do that, and it comes across as dishonest. If that's not what you want your brand to be, then just be up front about what you're willing to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

There is an option to increase the line spacing when you convert the text to a comb field. Follow the below steps :

1. Place a text field.
    2.Convert it to a comb field by using the 4th option in the quick tools section (next to delete icon)
    3. Increase the line spacing by using the re-sizer on the right hand side of the comb field.

Let us know if this works for you !!!

8. With Flash/Animate for years, I've had trouble with nested animations. In order to use the nesting to its full potential, and for organization, I will animate small pieces in nested animations (Flash) and am now trying to use pre-Composite groups on the main composition (AfterEffects). For multiple items, and for many nested animations, it's extremely difficult to create a uniform animation when I can't see what's happening in the Main Composition/ Timeline while in the nested animation or pre-composite. A feature to allow you to see what happens in the Main Timeline while working on these smaller pieces would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since the latest Acrobat update (Build: 19.8.20071.303822), the app briefly "flashes" (launches and quits) at startup. I checked the System Prefs/Login Items, and, as expected, I only see AdobeResourceSynchronizer there so I don't quite understand what is going on. Do you? Otherwise, the app works as advertised (so far). Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PLEASE! When you make a so-called "improvement" DON'T make it default to new behaviour. Include that new feature as an option, but don't force me, in the middle of my work day, to suddenly have to cope with unexpected behaviour and then spend all kinds of time researching how to REMOVE what you have just done to it. You just made it default to using tabs instead of new windows, and I am BEYOND frustrated! For those who want that...fine, but don't force me to use that so-called feature. It's not a feature for me. I have to have two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alt-Tab should switch between EACH PDF, not just the application. (Like other apps such as Word, and many many others. You are just not that important, just another viewer. Adobe is not a main application that people use, just a utility, so make it fast or it will be replaced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OCR hangs on the newest MacBook Pro with macOS 10.13.6, Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.2005

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since the l shortcut "crtl+0" for "show complete page/size" (don't know the correct english wording) doesn't work in Acrobat anymore, please re-implement it so that this shortcut works in AI, ID and PS!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Acrobat DC, we have encountered an issue with method of artifacting/backgrounding. As best we can tell, in DC, there is only one way that it can be done to work correctly - through the content panel/right click/create artifact. Other methods of backgrounding (via the order panel or TURO panel) cause it to visually show on the screen and in order panel as a paragraph tag while in the content and tags panel it indicates it’s an artifact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We have had issues with alt text being duplicated into the actual text field when using the right click to access alt text or using the order panel to access alt text. The only way it is not duplicated is if alt text is entered via the tags panel properties method.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feature to allow the tool bar to be hidden when any document is opened. The extra view space displaying large text is more important than a tool bar that is not used often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why would I need a dialogue box to tell me it's preparing and ready?? JUST DO IT! I don't need 15 dialogue boxes for each document open telling me about it. It's a background task; it should be in the background. This is so painfully obvious I can't understand why this dialogue box exists or why it doesn't disappear when ready instead of forcing itself on top and in the way.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've been converting .ai to pdf by dragging onto Acrobat DC. By doing this, I don't need fonts or linked images. Had a file that gave me the error: "Acrobat pdf conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership."
    Other .ai files convert just fine, but this one file it doesn't work. I dragged onto Acrobat Pro 11 and the file converts just fine. It's curious it works on an older version of acrobat but not DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Had to redo PC. Downloaded and reinstalled Adobe Pro DC. No dark theme setting available. Contacted Adobe support. Tech insisted that the only way to help was to remote in. Tech changed some registry settings and from my recollection, the spt tech installed a "repair software". Then my system started revving up terribly. I didn't like what I was seeing. I ended session, reverted back to an image before remote session. Reopened Adobe Pro DC. Turns out the download gave me 2015 (classic) vs newer. Tried to update, it said it was up to date. Thankfully I found an older…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?