Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Hi dear; Since I'm an adobe customer and I want to know how secure your service is, because yesterday I sent confidential papers to one person and say that a third person opened the shares in another state (Los Angeles).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would love for alt text to be part of the searchable text in Acrobat's "Find" function—whether that's alt text that's been added in Acrobat as a tag or has been set up prior in another program (like INDD).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. We have taken you suggestion and we have kept it in our radar. Currently we do not plan to implement it in near future but you may see it coming in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. Da mein Video in einer aus PowerPoint exportiertem PDF nicht abspielbar ist (mangels Flash-Support) habe ich das Video nachträglich über das "Rich-Media"-Werkzeug in das PDF eingefügt. So ist es zwar abspielbar aber bei den Steuerelementen lässt sich nichts einstellen. Ob ich dort "keine" oder "Alle Steuerelemente" auswähle ändert nichts an der Darstellung. Es werden keine Steuerelemente angezeigt. Auch das Feld mit der Farbauswahl lässt sich nicht anklicken. So kann man das Video im PDF mit einem Klick darauf zwar starten, aber nicht mehr anhalten oder erneut starten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is not possible to install the new Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 for mac at Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6. on a MacBook Pro from 2017

What should one do in this situation?
    * Install any possible Mac OS Update? (Hard change just motivated by one failure at Acrobat) at which Mac OS Version does Acrobat Pro secure work?
    * Claim the sold (Not Cheap) Software package and use alternative product for macbook?

Please help fast because reclamation time is going away.
    Thanks a lot!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am interested in being able to auto-tag a part of a page, such as a table, for example. Can you let me know where Adobe is in term of implementing the partial auto-tag suggestion. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to have a function that allows you to scroll left to right - as well as - up and down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. I have share the request with the management and we do not plan to implement it right now. We have kept it in our radar and will provide the support in near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. We are trying to create a PDF document without active Hyperlinks since the PDF will be sent to external sources and persons.
    We/I have tried to use Save as Adobe PDF, print to Adobe PDF and other options through Adobe utility but all document created do have active hyperlinks in them.
    We do not wish to have users click on the hyperlink and navigate to that particular site.
    Current workaround is to create a PDF, open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and save it again.
    We cannot ask our people to do that manually each time for each document since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

You can create PDFs from Office applications without active hyperlinks by unchecking the “Add Links” option in Acrobat Preferences in the Office PDFMaker addin.
    Let us know if that resolves your problem.

Thanks
    Tanvi

9. We need a way to setup adobe Pro to automatically utilize the accessbility scanner when saving a doc to become more ADA compliant.

Out of the box, this should be a feature we can turn on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can check the Accessibility of a pdf by running the Run Accessibility Check feature in Accessibility App.
    Also we have kept this request in a radar and will try to provide the support in future.

Please check out latest features on Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. allow for colour selection of features such as checks, dots, x's. so that they stand out when inserted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

We already have delivered this feature to change color of the annots/signature.

Requesting you to please update to the latest version and try again.

Regards,
    Sandeep

11. I am a PhD student and have switched to Adobes pdf viewer because I think it is the best one (google and edge do not offer the same accessibility for mark up etc.) The one thing that I love about google and edge is that you can set them to open the previously viewed document. I read a lot of articles and use the tabs as a sort of reading to-do list. But when I close adobe (or my computer restarts) that list disappears, I have to either remember them or go to the recently opened files to open them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. I am just updating my resume to be more accessible to vision impaired. I am having trouble with some items running together in read-aloud.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

My favoured option would be that we have the option to insert a <pause> object in the reading order.

If this is not possible, can you change Read-Aloud to pause between elements.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. We noticed that your PDF viewer doesn't have AccSupp ActualText support. This means that copy-pasting technical text such as shellscripts and programming code, does not work in your PDF viewer and this greatly restrains the use of your whole program.

The replacement text is said to be supported, according to the file "Document management - Portable document format - Part 1: PDF 1.7" both on Table 323, page 559, and on section 14.9.4, page 615. Available here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf.

But according to the tests made using PDFs produced by pdflatex using the package accsupp, the replacement text support seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern here. I have shared this with the higher management. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will pick up in future,

Check the latest features in Acrobat Pro DC by keeping the software on latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and this is a feature request, we have kept it in a radar.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

17. Auto Generate Cell IDs adds a space to the end of IDs which are not long enough, and appears to be including internal spaces. Since cell IDs cannot contain spaces, those headers are not announced by AT when reading the table. (OS: Windows 10 on desktop PC; Acrobat Pro DC 20.012.20043; latest as of 8/30/2020).

The attached file has two identical tables (Word 365, Saved as PDF) with auto-generated header IDs. With the first, NVDA (v 2019.2) only announces the headers for Vegetable, Potassium, and Brocolli. All other headers have spaces at the end, and the IDs for % DV…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With the latest release of Acrobat on June 14, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Thanks

Rachit

18. Please revert back the icon color of Acrobat Standard DC to red or any other color but black. The black color has poor visibility and not eye friendly.

Request to take it on priory basis if possible as its slow down working speed as we loose the visibility of the icon on taskbar

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Going to both College and also desiring to own your own company is a huge task, but having an App that will help out is truly great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

Thank you so much. Looking forward for more usage and corresponding feedback on the product.

20. Acrobat DC PRO recently updated and Autocad 2018 will no longer load the PDFMaker toolbars. See errors when starting autocad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?