It seems ironic that Acrobat Pro DC allows for the creation of custom toolbars, which it states can be shared with other users, when in fact there is no means currently available to share any such user enhancement. It also seems unusual that any user created toolbar is not saved to a file which the user can access so as to allow that toolbar to be instantly recreated by him/her on another machine to which s/he has access. Finally, it is also frustrating that any user-created toolbar is placed on the bottom of the list of available toolbars in the program - when it should be placed at the top, and opened by default whenever the program itself is opened. I sincerely hope you will offer these options in future versions of your software.
It's been 1.5 years since the original post but I still don't see a way to save/export customized toolbars (toolBARS, not customized tools). Eric, did you find a way?
1) Regarding exporting your created custom tools, did you try the drop down icon available for that custom tool which has further more options like Open, Remove Shortcut, Edit,Rename, Export, Delete ??
Refer to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/workspace-basics.html and check for heading "Edit, delete, rename, or share a custom tool"
2) Could you please let me know the Exact version of Adobe Acrobat that you are using on your machine, so that i can help you further with the issues that aren't working for you. ?
you can check the version on your windows machine as "Help" -> "About Adobe Acrobat ..."
Eric Zinkernagel commented
While I appreciate your reply, none of what you have said appears to work on my software. With regard to your first point, if I right click on my toolbar, nothing happens; there is no option for Export, nor likewise for Import. With regard to your second point, there is no synchronization across machines that I have been able to identify. And with regard to your last point, nothing is accomplished when I drag my custom toolbar to the top of the list of available toolbars, for its simply drops back down to its place in last position. Furthermore, a point you did not address is how to keep my toolbar always open, or alternatively, to transfer it to the toolbar band along the top of the Acrobat window. In sum, as much as I regret to say so, nothing you have suggested appears to be relevant ...
Thanks for reaching out to us for your queries.
1) Regarding Sharing your Custom Tools, that feature is already implemented in acrobat. You just have to right click on your custom tool (from the RHP list) , or select the drop down icon from the tools center for your custom tool and select "Export" and save your custom tool onto some location.
In the similar way, on selecting "Import" from the menu options, and selecting any exported custom tool will do the charm for you.
2) your second ask, i.e. to sync the created custom tool across different machines on which you have logged in with the same userID, that is also working. Requesting you to kindly check into the Tools center and you will be able to get your custom tool there.
3) For Custom tool to appear at the top of your Favoruite tools list (In the RHP) , you can always reorder your favorite apps as per your requirement and thus you can bring your App onto the top of the list by just Dragging and reordering.
Let me know if you have further concerns in this .