PDFMaker: Repeated table headers not marked as artifacts
To ensure that assistive technologies can parse tables, headers that are repeated across pages should be marked as artifacts. This is recommended by the PDF Association's Tagged PDF Best Practice Guide: Syntax: https://www.pdfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/TaggedPDFBestPracticeGuideSyntax.pdf . However, this structure is not followed by PDFMaker when converting from Word to PDF.
Steps to reproduce the issue
1. Open the attached Word document.
2. Go to Acrobat > Create PDF.
3. Press Save.
4. Open the resulting PDF (also attached).
5. Open the Tags panel (View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Tags).
6. Expand the <Table> tag.
Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
- OS: Windows 10 Enterprise, 21H2
- Acrobat version: Continuous Release 2022.001.20117 64-bit
- Word version: 2204 (Build 15128.20178 Click-to-Run)
- The repeated table headers on the second page should not be contained in a tag. They should be marked as artifacts.
- The repeated table headers on the second page are contained in <P> tags inside <TH> tags inside a <TR> tag.