Reduce Clicks Required to Open and Close PDFs from SharePoint online
When opening files in SharePoint Online in Adobe Acrobat desktop via the Adobe Acrobat for Microsoft 365 app, there are way too many clicks - three for opening and three for closing outlined below.
It would be great if these clicks could be eliminated via preferences; the most important to eliminate would be Version Comments on Check In and the click to "Desktop" after it opens in browser Acrobat.
- Click on the applicable file in SharePoint in browser to open (this one make sense of course)
- Click desktop to open the file in Adobe Acrobat desktop rather than web (it would be great if this could be changed to automatically open in desktop, in either company or individual preferences)
- Check Out pop-up (this is ok, but again would be great if user could change it to automatically check it out to save this click) [do edits]
- Close file (this one makes sense of course)
- Check In pop-up (this is ok, but again would be great if user could change it to automatically check it out to save this click)
- Version comments pop-up (this is the most obnoxious one that I wish could be disabled in preference, assuming just say "OK" to no comments, users click "cancel" intending for that to be "no comments" but it actually cancels the entire check-in)