Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Crop marks: Make it easier to choose to save version with crop and bleed turn on or off. I frequently have to adjust a print ready file with crops and bleeds not showing and it is time-consuming. Why not have a crop/bleed SHOW or DON'T SHOW function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

2. I'm on MAC and I'm used to seamlessly combining .ai files into a .pdf easily with the Combine feature in Acrobat. Some of my peers would benefit from this greatly also but they are on PC and it appears on PC Acrobat can open and view .ai files but it will not acknowledge .ai files in the Combine feature. This feels like an oversight or bug since it clearly works fine on MAC. Can we please have equal support for this on PC as well? It makes it much easier for creatives to work smoothly with other areas of the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feature request.
    I am not sure how you are able to combine .ai files on Mac using Acrobat as we do not have this support neither for Windows nor for Mac for .ai files.
    However, we have taken your feature request. It is under review.

Thanks
    Tanvi

3. Please extend the advanced search with formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please allow a user to assign a "Participant Role" to multiple fields at once inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Convert to Adobe Sign form). Similar to how you can select multiple fields and make them all required with one click. This isn't always a huge issue, but when assigning multiple fields in a large table format this can quickly become very tedious and massively time consuming.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have created a U3D file with a mesh and vertex colors. I have created a PDF file using the Latex tool.
    When opening the PDF file in Acrobat DC, I see that the lightning is disabled. This does not happen when the U3D file uses material colors instead of vertex colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With over 250 million speakers, Bengali is the seventh most spoken native language in the world. Unfortunately there is no Bengali language support for OCR in Adobe Acrobat Pro. It would be extremely helpful for Bengali language community if Bengali is added in OCR. Thank you.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please set up a layout feature where I could choose if I want page thumbnails to be open every time I work with a pdf file. In fact, I prefer to hide page thumbnails pane when I open pdf documents. If want to use this pane, I can always click on the left arrow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Warum fehlt bei der neuesten Version die Möglichkeit aus den 3D-Dateien eine 3D-PDF zu erstellen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You are missing a most basic editing feature: The ability to display additions or deletes to text in a pdf, as in Word's "Track Changes". How does a client see my edits to their document? Really! Will this be rectified?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

12. This is about both editing and exporting PDFs.
    The attached PDF has an explicit explanation of the issues + screenshots. Text from the attached file goes right here.

I’ve got Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release Version 2015.006.30355.

On Web page https://www.zm.gov.lv/mezi/statiskas-lapas/nozares-informacija/buklets-meza-nozare-latvija-?nid=1088#jump
    ..there is a link to a PDF file "Latvia's Forests During 20 Years of Independence" 2010, https://www.zm.gov.lv/public/ck/files/ZM/mezhi/buklets/MN_20_EN.pdf
    The PDF file seems to be a nicely composed PDF with Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.2).
    The font used, Museo Slab is a publicly available font, I bet it should not have any major issues.

In the said file, page 47 there…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it's still states that my trial has expired and I need to purchase. I have already gotten an email notification that the purchase was successful. But I still can't access

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open a PDF document with Arabic content.

2. This PDF was generated from InDesign CC2017. Arabic fonts used is a good True Type and OpenType fonts. Macintosh 10.11.2 / Acrobat DC Build: 15.23.20056.213124

3. When exporting to MS Office format, we expect to have a decent conversion as we see with PDFs that has English content.

4. I opened resulted Word document in MS. Word on Windows, Text Edit on Mac, Apple Preview. The result varies, but generally Arabic text doesn't convert properly, most words scrambled and fragmented.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The team license has an assumption:
    One license can be assgined to one "emailId", which can be activated across two computers.

PROBLEM:
    Consider a person who has 4 computers, all of them belong to the same person (same EMAIL ID).
    In the admin console the admin assigns 2 licenses to same "email Id".

The user activates 2 out of 4 computers with one license.
    Next, upon trying to activate the 3rd computer with the second license with the same "email Id", the activation fails.

This is an incorrect licensing design.

Idea state: Even in a non-commercial team license situation, the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I will put forward your feedback to concerned team.

There is a workaround for your issue to use email alias for the same email ID. For example in gmail user has ability to create aliases as youremailid+account1@gmail.com, youremailid+account2@gmail.com and mails sent to anyone of these will land in youremailid@gmail.com. Something like these can be setup for your teams. And, you can use above two “different” email ids as two Adobe IDs for the same person.

Thanks,
    Karan

15. Fail to locate the path of OCRLibraryInf.dll.

Problem exists every time when attempting to export a PDF file to .docx file or text recognition under "Enhance Scans" tab

I have attempted to restart the computer and even reinstall the software/ perform cleaner tool, but the problem remains unsolved.

Environment: Windows 10 Home 64bit version
    Other related applications: Readiris Pro 15, Acrobat X Pro, Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I scan two pages and crop them, they are smaller or equal to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I want to be able to take the two pages and make them just one single page. There are many times that I have scanned something that had just a couple lines at the top of the second page. I may want to be able to shrink that to fit it all on one page. I think there should be options for doing that. Since people are trying to be more and more digital to store information and use…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you combined individual subfolders within a master folder when creating a PDF Portfolio, the previous Acrobat Pro allowed you to do this feature with one click. The current Acrobat Pro DC software requires that you create a portfolio and manually add the individual folders. Please add back the option for the one-click subfolder integration!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Kindly add tamil language support in ocr and other tools

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. batch rename form field based on selected fields so that a simple Javascript can hide or Show them based on the simple syntax of the Field name.
    How to implement it:
    1. Select form fields in overview panel
    2. Right-click Batch rename selected form fields…
    3. Done and great for javascritping with ease.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?