Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. I keep getting offers to try out Acrobat Pro DC. I install it. It says I have zero days left, since I used my trial when it first came out. Since this is going to be an evergreen product, I'd like to see the "timer" on the trial expire, so that I can see if the newest version is something I'm interested in/features improved, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using 'Send for Signature' with added signature block. Date does not appear when uploading an image. Unlike type and draw which has the date automatically added under the signature. See tickets #0188780191 and #0188780008 on 3/21/17.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently the Bates Numbering option does not allow the user to select folder and subfolders to the window for incorporating Bates Numbering. Users currently have to separate the subfolders onto the desktop and then add each folder separately to the list, once all the folders are added, the functionality can then be operated. However, most of the time users have up to 500 subfolders, so its essential that the subfolders are numbered to that the Bates numbering follows numerically correctly. There are other products that can already do this, so why cant Adobe

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Simply format support for OpenOffice formats used by OpenOffice and LibreOffice.

This is vital for those that prefer those formats over Microsoft Office formats. While they aren't as fully featured or useful in some cases they are free and open source making them a great alternative to the closed source formats of their Microsoft counterparts. Plus my book features some of these formats and i'm too lazy to convert them over...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You idiots took away the ability to PRINT?! WTF is wrong with you?
    Morons.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steven Blumenschein,
    We are sorry you are experiencing trouble with the new feature . We are triaging your issue and are gathering more information to understand the problem better. Cloud you provide us more information regarding the issue? Like where you expect the print button to appear. Also, you can print the documents by downloading them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in resolving this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Sign in Acrobat Web Team

6. Hi,

Previously when setting up an Adobe sign, the "more Options" button was available as soon as you clicked request signatures.

With the updated version, you now need to enter an email address before the more options becomes available. It would be really helpful to have the more options available right away again. The majority of the items I use e-signature for require I adjust the type of signer (approver, etc) and the extra step of adding an email, then clicking more options slows down the work flow and is clunky.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share it with the product management and let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

7. It would be extremely useful to those who use one of the various LaTeX typesetting engines (pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, etc.) to have SyncTeX integration for Adobe Acrobat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our organisation has Acrobat linked to our Sharepoint page, which we upload hundreds of work orders to. Our tradesmen will then simply open the relevant work order folder, and check out a work order .pdf as they are using it.
    Currently they will have to sort through the hundreds of open work orders however, as the search bar in the top right corner does not recognise Sharepoint file/folder names, only local.

Could I please request that the functionality of this search bar is extended to include linked Sharepoint, cloud etc. services? As more organisations move to cloud based data storage,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when you put a checkmark on a page, then save it, and come back, the check mark MOVES to another part of the page. this is frustrating, why does this happen? I need to be able to tic/tac numerous points of data, and a MOVING checkmark does not help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. It will be great if you can share a sample PDF with which you are facing this issue.

We tried at our end and could not reproduce the issue.

Regards,
    Sandeep

10. Hi Adobe,

Since fill&sign is easily available in Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat, hence could you incorporate fill&sign feature in G-suite Google Drive Adobe Acrobat DC too? Thanks.

Google Drive integration with Acrobat DC Plugin: request to incorporate fill&sign feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I will share your feedback with the engineering team and let you in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

11. When I open a new document the fill and sign works; it shows the blank spot as a blue box and I can click it to type words into it. However, then I go to organize pages to add a page, and click on fill and sign when I am done, and I am no longer able to click the fillable blanks. Thank you for your help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. If possible could you please share a sample PDF file with us and also what operations are you performing in the organize pages app.

Regards,
    Sandeep

12. The "type" option for signatures is not valid i all countries.
    If anyone can just "type" a name with keyboard then there is nothing to prove who wrote the name.

I would suggest an option to disabe the "type" field and other fields in the signature process.

It would be nice to be able to do it through the syntax. So that it can be made individual for different templates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. INCUDE iCloud for us mac folks... you have dropbox, google (which I hate) so why do you ignore the one company that made you famous years ago

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. there's an issue when trying to open files from adobe scan with firefox. Please make adobe work with firefox... don't like chrome and google!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In previous Acrobat users save the pdf and -signed suffix would be in the save file. Please add option to DC. The Accounting Firm just switched to DC, and does not have this automatic option now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have shared the feedback with the engineering team and will get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

16. It is essential for the user to be able to disable the default view settings that were set by the creator of the document (often stupidly).

In 35+ years of using computer software, this is the dumbest default setting I have ever seen, and it creates serious usability issues for those wishing to use Acrobat for business purposes (i.e. not graphic design/web design/desktop publishing/etc)

Please IMMEDIATELY ASAP fix this so that the user can disable these default settings and thus view documents effectively instead of spending loads of time fixing display *****-ups caused by the content creator's clumsy use of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I find myself unable to convert a word document file to pdf with proper hyperlinks for the table of contents. Please either increase the size limit for conversion of the files on Document Cloud and/or enable preferences option in Microsoft application for better conversion of files including attaining the hyperlinks in the documents and other features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've used this tool for years and have turned to 3rd party vendors for better options. Adobe should step in and revamp this tool.

For me the issue with this tool is the processing features. I cannot add multiple folders containing multiple files and output aggregate PDF's that correspond to each folder. The same is true with more complex file/folder structures where I may wish to add and combine specific sub-folders from specific directories into aggregated PDF's.

Moreover, the file naming features could benefit from an upgrade in features. I'd like to have the option of renaming a new aggregate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What if you didn't make your product worse for no reason. Like what if when I clicked Fill Forms it did what it used to do, which was let me actually click on the PDF and write things in.

Instead, now clicking on the button pops up a GIANT ******** HUGE SCREEN BLOCK prompt with two options on it, one that lets me use the feature, and the other that brings me to a completely different feature.

If you want to add another feature, add another tool, so that I can ignore it, instead of making literally every time I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We have raised your concern to the engineering team and we will get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

20. Acrobat 11 had a feature that showed the number of pages in each document being combined. Acrobat DC has it but you must hover over the document to see it.

I often combine 100 pdfs together to make one document. I need each file to have even pages so that they print correctly and each section starts on a left hand page. In Acrobat 11 I could read at a glance which sections needed an extra page. It now takes 15 to 20 minutes to hover over each pdf (there are 100 of them) to see if they have even…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?