Bug with % symbols in named destinations
When entering a named destination (for linking to within a PDF), it's impossible to enter a percentage sign ("%", U+0025). The symbol simply disappears from the name once entered.
It's possible it's being misinterpreted as a formatting specifier in a printf call (or something similar).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a document and select "Edit PDF"
2. Click the bullseye-icon in the left-most pane ("Destinations")
3. Click "Create New Destination"
4. Type "Bug%Test" and press Enter
5. Note the result is "BugTest" instead of the expected "Bug%Test"
Here's an animated screen-capture (which was too large to upload as an attachment): http://imgur.com/a/Bg4Em
"Why is this valuable to you?"
- It isn't. But as a developer, I feel obliged to report bugs when they're encountered. I doubt this is hard to fix, but it's a subtle bug that's likely to remain unnoticed.
John Gardner commented
The version number is 2017.009.20044 - the updater informs me I'm running the latest version of Acrobat. However, I can still reproduce this issue.
AdminLovekesh garg (Admin, Adobe) commented
There is no such issue in latest Acrobat DC. Can you please share the Acrobat version number you are using.
Please install latest update Help> Check for updates