Enhanced Search for PDF index search
- Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search should be supported. Instead currently the user has to type and enter search for the search results.
- Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search with number of hits found should be shown before hitting the search
- Searching should be as fast as google. 10,000 pdf files of 100kb each and type ahead search should be less than a second
- Other than scroll bar for navigating the results there should be a easier way to filter the search results.
- Grouping of folders wise doesn't exist now. Example assume 100 folders with 100 pdf files in each folder. Now the indexing is done and when a search is peformed. It should display as folder wise with grouping like tree navigation for quick results.
Agree with all #1, #2, #3, #4, #5
In addition, for a search term, text behind the search term should be shown apart from text after it.
Gadekaew Duangrudeesawat commented
Definitely agree on #3
To add to #4 when searching files on your desktop windows when you hit (*) and type a keyword, related files to that keyword populate. Should be the same for PDFsearches
Jeff Chapman commented
I agree, especially with idea #5—the display of search results is currently a bit inconvenient. Showing the search results in a sidebar pane would be much more user-friendly.