Feature request / Bug report

Please restore ability to copy and paste comment shapes (arrow, line, rectangle, oval) from one PDF to another

Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Just received a work laptop with Acrobat Pro DC -- and the inability to copy and paste comment shapes (arrow, line, rectangle, oval) -- WITHIN the SAME PDF -- has SLOWED DOWN my work tremendously. I'm forced to do many extra repetitive comments.

• sujit Tolat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue in copying and pasting from one PDF to another. This also happens sometimes within the same document.

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base