Adobe Acrobat DC Standard randomly crashes
Adobe Acrobat DC Standard randomly crashes when opening pdfs from web page
- Click link to open a pdf using Internet Explorer 11
- Acrobat Crashes with the error below.
- Attempt to click link again and the file opens.
Windows 10 Enterprise 1703
Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 18.9.20050.57426, time stamp: 0x5a1c7469
Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 18.9.20050.57426, time stamp: 0x5a1c7441
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0019eebd
Faulting process id: 0x1794
Faulting application start time: 0x01d39ac5dbfefcac
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
Report Id: fd9af4cc-9fc5-43a5-9f2a-209af10313da
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
As confirmed issue has been closed.
It may be closed, but what was the cause?
And how was it fixed?
Richard Young commented
This issue can be closed.
AdminSoumik (Software Engineer, Adobe) commented
Thanks for posting.
Do you face this issue consistently or intermittently? Is it with some specific file or random file? Meanwhile can you take a crash dump and share with us the same.
Steps for taking crash dump:-
1. Right click on the Crashdump.bat script (attached as .txt. Change it after downloading)
2. Choose "Run As Administrator"
3. Click OK if UAC prompt appears
4. Once this setup is done crash dump will be generated at %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder for any application crash. Please note once this crash dump is enabled the application would take longer to go away after the crash.
5. To disable crash dump generation, download and run the Reg_remove.bat script (Run it as admin). Both these scripts are attached here.
6. Also when sharing crash dumps, please share Acrobat/Reader version with which these dumps were taken. You can do this by checking Acrobat.exe/AcroRd32.exe version info in properties. Go to Acrobat/Reader installation directory? Right click on Acrobat.exe/AcroRd32.exe and open properties. Switch to Details tab. Please share Product Version mentioned in the list.
You can send these details at email@example.com