Fix the Adobe on Mac Double-Sided Bug
On some HP printers, if the user prints double-sided, the pages are all offset by an initial blank side. Thus the first sheet gets only page 1, then sheet 2 gets pages 2 and 3, and so on ...
This turns out to be an interactive fault where in the printer believes that there is a cover sheet and it is blank.
The remedy is simple, but tedious since it must be repeated every time one prints.
Click on <Printer> at the bottom of the dialog box
Ignore the warning and continue.
Make sure "Show Details" is open.
Click on "Layout"
Click on "Cover Page"
Next select "None"
The problem is now fixed for that printing job.
I have the same issue, but when going through your suggested fix, the cover page option is not selected. I found that I had to click the 'reverse pages' check box on the initial print menu. This solved the problem, although it seems a ridiculous way to go about things, particularly when Word documents can be printed logically and correctly.
I was asked to provide the following:
1. Printer and driver name. Officejet Pro 8100 (CEA4C9)
2. What will happen if you print that document from Preview? It prints correctly from Preview
3. Have you tried with 2-3 different documents? Yes, 4 or more documents.
Admindiwjoshi (Admin, Adobe) commented
Thank you for reporting this issue with us. We would really appreciate if you can share a few more details with us :
1. Printer and driver name. (Settings > Printers & Scanners > Select Printer > Kind).
2. What will happen if you print that document from Preview?
3. Have you tried with 2-3 different documents?