How to disable "Export PDF" option in "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC"
• We have password protected PDF file and it is still allowing users to export into word file.
- When we open that file in "Adobe Reader" and try to export the pdf in word, system is showing an error saying that "The file cannot be converted because it is password protected"
- However, the same file when we open it in "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC", it is allowing the same file to exported in word file.
• Our customer wants to prevent their legal pdf documents from being exported in any other file.
• So is there any way by which we can disable the "Export PDF" option?
• We have also noticed the document properties are getting compromised in "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC".
Jay Patel commented
The Documents are generated and made password protected by Salesforce-managed package code, we are not using any Acrobat versions to apply the password. We tried with Both restricted editing and Just Read only as well, both are irrelevant when the end user is using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to convert it into Editable Word Document.
Adminsubrato (Admin, Adobe) commented
Could you please share how did you apply password to the document?
What version of Acrobat was used to apply password? Is it Document Open password or, Permission to change the content (editing and printing) known by permission password?