Bug: Can't tag content that was mistakenly tagged as Artifact
I was preflighting a pdf for accessibility, and noticed a few pieces of text that had been mistakenly tagged as Artifact. I selected these in "Content", Right-click and "Remove Artifact". But now I can't tag these at all. They're not to be found in the tag panel or the read order panel, but they're visible and still there in the Content panel -. I think this is a bug. I tried using "Find" but the content was not found.
Rae Benedetto commented
This may or may not be a bug, but I find that if I select objects with the Print Production Edit Tool (arrow), cut them and then paste them back, they are then taggable. However, this doesn't work in all layouts, as pasting the object may place it on top of another object on the page.